Sign in to follow this  
Velo

Plan if the next Halo is as bad as the last?

They'll still get my money for campaigns, as always. I started with campaign, I guess I can end with campaign:) Much like with Halo 4 tho I won't be waiting around for patches to make it better. When you have a game that's as good as Halo base mechanics are, it shouldn't be hard to shit out a decent "out of the box" reliable MP experience. CoD easily does it in 2 years cuz they keep that core people like and define it by, even tho apparently all other games look at play like CoD so I guess it's not that special or unique anymore:P Either way, I'll play campaign, but not I have back up plans available:) Destiny, Titanfall, League of Legends, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, World of Warcraft...maybe even some Starcraft 2 altho I mostly just like to watch that.

I think i'd just give up console gaming all together if Titanfall and H2A or H5 don't deliver. Actually I would still play casual single player games i'd just give up on competitive multiplayer shooters on console. Im enjoying LoL so much so i don't see a reason for me to go back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The same thing I always do.. Try to take over the world!

But seriously, it'll be no different. I already expect H5 to suck and the only thing that's keeping me interested is a possible H2A with XBL.

I've already found other games that fill the competitive aspect of gaming. Fighting games is the way to go IMO. Not only can you play multiple fighting game, but can compete in multiple games where as most other eSports games, you can only specialize in one at a time.

Also most fighting games are designed to be competitive since that's what you do. They don't try to do what other weirdos do and make a game where it's designed to compete, but make it so everyone's a winner which ends up ruining the game.

So you most likely won't be disappointed, there will always be good fighting games, there won't be a fighter that ruins every other fighter like CoD has done to the FPS genre.

Also I'll continue to play H3 till the servers or shutdown or til no one plays the MLG playlist.

Tl;dr fighting games are the way to go.

My guess is people would continue to circle jerk about the glory days of Halo 1/2/3 into their late 30s. Never move on and continue get on their knees for 343 (whomever takes over Halo) in hopes they can relive their glory days of getting 3rd round, but got to shake Walshy's hand.

The negs you got show the unquenchable denial here at BE. They can't acknowledge they do this today... already ...

Let's get real. There is no fps today like halo. I don't care if it has sprint or not. I hate flinch like a plague. OD is the most destructive feature in halo. But I like forging for halo's unique game play and that is only fun if there is population.

Period.

I hang out here at BE because I learn a lot about game play. The moderators here do an incredible job maintaining a positive atmosphere for people to ask questions and learn. But I certainly don't care if sprint is in or not because I don't play at a deep hard core game level. I don't find it fun... or perhaps I should say I don't find it rewarding enough to stress over. (But hardway's videos are making it seem like it isn't so difficult for me to go to the next level as I had once imagined.) I am more casual play kind of guy. So you can see why I am not like stressed if sprint is in h whatever ... I only need population. Forge could be better. But I need population.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If H2A/H5 isn't good, then i'll make the switch to PC. 

Just play whatever games appeal to me like usual, just without Halo to fill the downtime between new releases.

Simple:

Don't buy it

Don't buy an Xbone

Don't buy anything xbox related

Tell WiiU

Commit arson

Hahaha  good luck with that.

Simple:

Don't buy it

Don't buy an Xbone

Don't buy anything xbox related

Tell everybody to buy PS4/PC/WiiU

Commit arson

Some people have already started doing that

The same thing I always do.. Try to take over the world!

But seriously, it'll be no different. I already expect H5 to suck and the only thing that's keeping me interested is a possible H2A with XBL.

I've already found other games that fill the competitive aspect of gaming. Fighting games is the way to go IMO. Not only can you play multiple fighting game, but can compete in multiple games where as most other eSports games, you can only specialize in one at a time.

Also most fighting games are designed to be competitive since that's what you do. They don't try to do what other weirdos do and make a game where it's designed to compete, but make it so everyone's a winner which ends up ruining the game.

So you most likely won't be disappointed, there will always be good fighting games, there won't be a fighter that ruins every other fighter like CoD has done to the FPS genre.

Also I'll continue to play H3 till the servers or shutdown or til no one plays the MLG playlist.

Tl;dr fighting games are the way to go.

I have tried Marvel versus Capcom 3, Injustice God's among us, and KI. The only one I like tom there is KI really and I plan on trying Super Mario Brawl, I just can't get the specials locked down on KI

Halo 4 is so fucking bad.  Halo 3 is so far ahead of it in so many ways it's unbelievable, can't believe 343 strayed further from 1-3 style Halo.  Sucks.

NONPONY_RELATED_Guy_Falling_off_building

If a good Halo doesn't release this year, I'm not even going to bother with this gen of gaming. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I have tried Marvel versus Capcom 3, Injustice God's among us, and KI. The only one I like tom there is KI really and I plan on trying Super Mario Brawl, I just can't get the specials locked down on KI

I wasn't into every FG, I'm still not, but I'm far more open minded to spectating it and enjoying it a little.

My game was Tekken, started out with 1 FG and expanded. If KI is the game that you enjoy playing, keep playing it. Once you get a little better and get a better understanding of the game you'll enjoy spectating it a lot more and you'll also appreciate the other FGs too.

I went from Tekken being my favourite game to SF being my favourite game. If I owned KI that would probably my shit right there. That game is so hype to watch I can't wait to get my hands on that game. Dat Sabre Wulf and his Blanka slide.

Edit: forgot to mention, I wasn't that big of a fan of UMvC3 for a while, before and during I got into FGs heavily. I play that the least out of my FGs and watch it the least.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol at people saying the only reason they ever played xbox was halo...... C'mon cuz. There's a ton of good games that have come out for the 360. Don't be so close minded. 

IF Halo 5 sucks (it probably will) just won't play it...

lol at people saying the only reason they ever played xbox was halo...... C'mon cuz. There's a ton of good games that have come out for the 360. Don't be so close minded.

IF Halo 5 sucks (it probably will) just won't play it...

That's legit though. I play more games on my ps3 than I do my 360. H3 and SF4 is my go to games for online. If KI wasn't an exclusive and H2A wasn't a possibility i wouldn't be getting an X1. The rest of the games that aren't X1 exclusives I plan on playing on the Ps4.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I will become the spawn of   :lxthul:

Before i do anything, if halo 5 fails, I will need to figure out if 343i is pointless or useless. THEN i can send insults via twitter, just like everyone else. Do i not having anything better to do? Please, it only takes 5 seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anyone says "Go back to Halo 3" I'll shoot them. With my crappy BR.

In the event that happens, and I hope it won't, I'll probably try to get good at Quake and experiment with new shooters. And possibly make one so I don't have to rely solely on developers. brb...

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, fuck you, you dont fool me three times."

- original quote by me :P

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, fuck you, you dont fool me three times."

- original quote by me :P

This will be the 5th time the CE kids will be fooled. How will that line go?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not really a fan of BF, CoD, and Titanfall hasn't impressed me so far.

If Halo 5 is Infinity 2.0, I might just be done with shooters for a long while. I'll still pick up random games like GTA, Half Life, shit like that though. 

NONPONY_RELATED_Guy_Falling_off_building

If a good Halo doesn't release this year, I'm not even going to bother with this gen of gaming.

Goat, can we sit down and talk this through?

I don't think 343 appreciates how much is riding on this next title...

What's a "outside"?

Is that PS4 or Xbone?

it's the front door...

Work my way through the mountain of steam games I have amassed over the last few steam sales.