Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Halo: Xbox One Master Chief prototype includes Boltshot

Would you like the Boltshot back?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the Boltshot back?

If I said no, I would be lying because it could make a great power weapon. But if I said yes, then people in power might assume I want it in loadouts.

I don't want loadouts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm fine w/ it being a 1sk because it has to charge. The range should just be nerfed and it shouldn't be a loadout weapon. But shooting someone w/ 1 mauler shot and beating them down is probably faster than the time it takes to charge and fire the BS. 

Only if it uses ammo for constantly charging it up. I hate how it works in H4 where kids pre-charge before every corner and box without losing any ammo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why all the Mauler support?  I always assumed it was just a duel-wieldable shotgun clone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why all the Mauler support?  I always assumed it was just a duel-wieldable shotgun clone.

Because the Boltshot replaced the Mauler. People are just wanting the Mauler over the Boltshot. The Mauler was never perfect, but in its current state, it was MILES better than the Boltshot in its current state. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

if you don't spawn with the dammed thing i dont see a problem with bringing it back. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Only if it uses ammo for constantly charging it up. I hate how it works in H4 where kids pre-charge before every corner and box without losing any ammo.

Oh, that also has to be patched. Remember in H2 you could keep the plasma pistol charged without it losing ammo? They realized that was a bad idea and fixed it in H3. Same thing should happen here. The boltshot has the potential to be a much more skillful shotgun/mauler type power weapon. 

Why all the Mauler support? I always assumed it was just a duel-wieldable shotgun clone.

Mauler compliments beatdown. A double beatdown has a cooldown period between melees. A Mauler shot can be immediately followed by a beatdown for a quick kill.

Mauler compliments beatdown. A double beatdown has a cooldown period between melees. A Mauler shot can be immediately followed by a beatdown for a quick kill.

That's it, I had remembered it as being a shotgun-range 1sk. That would be better than a shotgun IMO. Still, you have to be more cautious with the Boltshot due to the charge time.

If it's done right then sure.

However that won't be the case so I voted no lol.

If it had a 2 second charge up then shoot time(aka spartan laser) which couldn't be canceled, used all 8/10 bullets, was loud as hell, and limit the range so that if you're out of the 1shot kill range it deals do damage, It would work.

or just use it as a power weapon like the mauler on h3 guardian.

Huge disappointment. Out of all the things 343 added in Halo 4, loadouts seem the least likely to be removed. It's unlikely that 343 would make the BS an on-map weapon, they would see it as too hard to use, relative to the shotgun. At this point, I'm just hoping it gets a huge nerf. 

I thought it was the boltshot but it looks slightly different, there's two orange circles near the top where the boltshot only had one, also it looks slightly bigger, probably just a redesign though.

Boltshot is fine as a map pickup. Why the hate?

Spawning with it was the problem the whole time...

By that logic 343 should not include the plasma pistol in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

1sk, Range short, reloading punishes player, low ammo, if charging... You can't fucking de-charge.. Punishes player by pre-charging.

In my opinion, fuck yeah!!

The thing is... Weapons in H4 are over used or over-abused just because of Loadouts. The same we can say about Plasma Pistol in BTB. Imagine if we get a shorter range boltshot with a better punishment if you suck with it without loadouts.

Dude, why not? I doubt they gonna bring something as bad or worse in the next Halo...... Hopefully.... SHUD UP! #343liber!

Didn't we have this discussion about Boltshot and Mauler and shit before?

I guarantee you loadouts are coming back as well, this "halo" I think will be as competitive as h4. I have no faith in 343i to make a good competitive game, and why should I? Despite the insane amount of feedback saying that loadouts were crap in Reach, they EXPANDED IT, rather than getting rid of it. They also gave every player sprint, got rid of descope, gave us ordinance, and so on...  

All of this makes me want H2A even more.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

if you don't spawn with the dammed thing i dont see a problem with bringing it back. 

I went to say this but you said it for me.

I srs don't see the problem.. maybe cos it was apart of Halo 4 and fuck everything about dat game eh.

• Upvote (+1) 3