Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Halo: Xbox One Master Chief prototype includes Boltshot

Would you like the Boltshot back?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the Boltshot back?

As a map pickup, it takes slightly more caution to use than the other close-range power weapons, so yes.  Just make the charge take longer and the single-shot function actually do some useful damage - 5sk or 6sk for an unscoped weapon isn't asking much.

You don't just want the Mauler back?

Either or will do it for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly I think a lot of people are just following the crowd by saying they don't want it back. The boltshot takes more skill then both the shotgun and the mauler.

All they need to do is make its range much shorter and it is a very good weapon for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Honestly I think a lot of people are just following the crowd by saying they don't want it back. The boltshot takes more skill then both the shotgun and the mauler.

All they need to do is make its range much shorter and it is a very good weapon for Halo.

You shouldn't be allowed to constantly charge it up and release it without wasting any charge/ammo. It's so OP, kids just charge it up before going past every corner and then either fire it if they see someone or release it and conserve ammo.

There NEEDS to be a punishment for charging it up, like the Plasma Pistol has. If it wasn't a loadout weapon, make the range much shorter and make it so that it isn't a 1sk, then it would be a suitable replacement for the Mauler.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I voted yes! Bring on the negs... but seriously. Let me explain. Real Halo does not involve weapons like that as a loadout weapon. If its range is nerfed a bit, I think it is FAR more skillful than the shotgun, mauler, and scattershot. Think about it people. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

There NEEDS to be a punishment for charging it up, like the Plasma Pistol has. If it wasn't a loadout weapon, make the range much shorter and make it so that it isn't a 1sk, then it would be a suitable replacement for the Mauler.

I'm fine w/ it being a 1sk because it has to charge. The range should just be nerfed and it shouldn't be a loadout weapon. But shooting someone w/ 1 mauler shot and beating them down is probably faster than the time it takes to charge and fire the BS. 

• Upvote (+1) 2