CyReN

Halo 5 coming this year according to OXM

Honestly, this looked so fake from the start. The font wasn't consistent and it generally looked unpleasant. 

This thread should be locked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok where was the proof it was fake?

Because I've seen the magazine on sale in town today in the UK and that's the cover on it.

Ok where was the proof it was fake?

Because I've seen the magazine on sale in town today in the UK and that's the cover on it.

Did you read the part on H5? Apparently they spewed out the same shit we, the public, already know and made a bunch of assumptions. 

I could be wrong, but I heard somebody read it already and none of the info in the magazine is exclusive or new. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did you read the part on H5? Apparently they spewed out the same shit we, the public, already know and made a bunch of assumptions. 

I could be wrong, but I heard somebody read it already and none of the info in the magazine is exclusive or new. 

No, I never brought it and it was sealed in one of those packages with the actual magazine inside :/

Are you telling me that a magazine journalists in 2014 doesn't know much more than anyone else with an Internet connection? I am shocked that they would slap "Halo 5" on their cover just for sales. This will hurt their insanely high credibility.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are you telling me that a magazine journalists in 2014 doesn't know much more than anyone else with an Internet connection? I am shocked that they would slap "Halo 5" on their cover just for sales. This will hurt their insanely high credibility.

Yeah, I know haha, most of the time it is them putting in rubbish for "sale bait" although sometimes they get the odd true bit of information so you never know. 

Just thought it'd be worthwhile to mention as H2A is still a big possibility. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I got this magazine and here are a few pics

BgmZQVhCMAAu1Yy.png

nothing really major or new that we didn't know about, although they suggested that it is rumoured that it could be a beta this year instead of a full game

• Upvote (+1) 1

So hey, this may not be fake.  Apparently that is the official cover of the UK edition.  However, I don't think they're going off any new information, so if the game gets delayed they wouldn't have known about it yet.

I know it has probably already been stated but that is totally a fake cover of OXM. The titan picture has been taken from the Feb edition cover and the march edition has been out for a couple weeks and has no info what so ever about halo.

I know it has probably already been stated but that is totally a fake cover of OXM. The titan picture has been taken from the Feb edition cover and the march edition has been out for a couple weeks and has no info what so ever about halo.

https://www.facebook.com/oxmuk

NbDxMRE.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, it's not fake.  But basically, it's not actually any new info.  It's just a summarization of the Halo 5 information we know already from E3.

It's for people who don't follow gaming news and haven't read any previous OXM magazines that covered the H5 reveal.

The "It's coming this year" is not a "we talked to microsoft and completely reconfirmed that the rumors were wrong", it's just them literally reminding readers of when MS has said the game is coming out.

It's kinda late to be putting this shit in a magazines. Fuckin over 6 months later they tell us what's up. Lol so bad .

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's kinda late to be putting this shit in a magazines. Fuckin over 6 months later they tell us what's up. Lol so bad .

Well they already did talk about Halo 5 way back around E3.

Magazines have a totally different structure from websites, not the least of only getting to speak to their readers once a month.  That leads to a lot of rehashing, both to remind readers what's up and make sure potential new subscribers aren't left out.

I just wanna mention that as for Halo titles, Bungie never kept us waiting that long. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's at least my impression.

I feel like I should lock this now considering the magazine is out, etc.

My mistake for publishing this article and posting this topic without clarifying that this was the OXM UK cover. Obviously a lot of you thought this was fake (which it wasn't). It just rehashed news and made massive assumptions based off the information that 343 released a month or two ago. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1