Sign in to follow this  
Kalon

With the potential success of Titan Fall, will Halo follow once again?

As we all know, Titan Fall is looking pretty good and if all goes to plan it will be a huge gaming title. It has ordinances, tactical abilities, weapon attachments, etc. Will this once again convince 343i that taking Halo in the direction of more gameplay customization like armor abilities and classes is the way to go for future FPS titles? Or do you think we can expect classic Halo where everyone starts on the same page? 

What I expect from Halo 5 is just more of the same from Halo 4 with classes, sprint and armour abilities, however I do think they will listen to the competitive community and most of the things that we want implemented or taken out will be customisable so we can make it a good game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Anyone who thinks that Halo is going to move back towards the arena mindset to any worthwhile degree is out of their flipping mind. 

Then we're fucked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone who thinks that Halo is going to move back towards the arena mindset to any worthwhile degree is out of their flipping mind. 

You're probably right. It would be extremely difficult for 343 to completely change everything that they did with Halo 4, which was obviously make the battlefield larger and less arena based. I believe that H2A, however, will be exactly what they want. This way they satisfy the competitive players with a simple remake of a fan favorite game and move forward with their plan to "evolve" Halo.

Anyway, talking more about the topic at hand, I believe that Titanfall is going to be a massive hit in the gaming community and I could even foresee it breaking into the MLG circuit. We'll all have a much better idea of that when people begin to post gameplays and stream the beta this weekend. But yes, I see Titanfall taking a big chunk of the remaining Halo crowd. Now, do I think that Titanfall will be so amazing that people won't play H2A for a long time? No. I believe that people would at the very least split time with those two games if not lean towards H2A simply for the nostalgia of it all and not having a worthwhile Halo game in a long time. However, I don't think Halo 5 will be able to capture as many people with Titanfall out on the seen. People don't trust 343's model of Halo. They already blew it in epic fashion. H2A is different because it requires minimal effort on 343's part aside from implementing graphics, maps, and possibly glitches accurately. All they have to do is replicate an existing game that was done on gaming technology 2 generations ago. Should be a cake walk for them. Halo 5, on the other hand, is the successor to easily the worst Halo game of the series and people will probably shy away from that with Titanfall at their fingertips

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're probably right. It would be extremely difficult for 343 to completely change everything that they did with Halo 4, which was obviously make the battlefield larger and less arena based. I believe that H2A, however, will be exactly what they want. This way they satisfy the competitive players with a simple remake of a fan favorite game and move forward with their plan to "evolve" Halo.

Anyway, talking more about the topic at hand, I believe that Titanfall is going to be a massive hit in the gaming community and I could even foresee it breaking into the MLG circuit. We'll all have a much better idea of that when people begin to post gameplays and stream the beta this weekend. But yes, I see Titanfall taking a big chunk of the remaining Halo crowd. Now, do I think that Titanfall will be so amazing that people won't play H2A for a long time? No. I believe that people would at the very least split time with those two games if not lean towards H2A simply for the nostalgia of it all and not having a worthwhile Halo game in a long time. However, I don't think Halo 5 will be able to capture as many people with Titanfall out on the seen. People don't trust 343's model of Halo. They already blew it in epic fashion. H2A is different because it requires minimal effort on 343's part aside from implementing graphics, maps, and possibly glitches accurately. All they have to do is replicate an existing game that was done on gaming technology 2 generations ago. Should be a cake walk for them. Halo 5, on the other hand, is the successor to easily the worst Halo game of the series and people will probably shy away from that with Titanfall at their fingertips

Respawn said that if the demand is high enough, they'll focus on eSports features for Titanfall, so there's a big possibility that Respawn does something about it.

Most likely scenario is that people will buy or rent Halo 5 for the Campaign, then return it afterwards, I do not expect the Multiplayer to improve honestly its a dim hope. I just dont think 343 understand what makes Halo special or worthwhile, and they do not realize balance is a amazing trait for a game to offer either.

They already started copying Titanfall by adding in that garbage Survivor Perk which is the exact same mechanic as used in Titanfall to automatically eject the pilot before death. I expect more of the same to be seen in Halo 5, more copying from other games including Destiny and less about improving Halo or giving its identity back, its sad really.

If Halo 2A ends up pretty close to perfect with its own Multiplayer included not some crappy Halo 4 version, then I will likely not bother with any other games for a long time.

They already started copying Titanfall by adding in that garbage Survivor Perk which is the exact same mechanic as used in Titanfall to automatically eject the pilot before death. I expect more of the same to be seen in Halo 5, more copying from other games including Destiny and less about improving Halo or giving its identity back, its sad really.

Copying a game that hadn't even been announced?  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm probably going to get hated on for this but...

I have been paying a lot of attention to titan fall through out everything, And now ive been watching the beta streams quite a lot. I think titan fall looks like ass. Like pure ass. It's looks like a COD with some mech fighting, wall jumping, and slightly more fast paced (At least till people jump in mechs, then it's slow and boring to watch). Game doesn't look even slightly competitive. Pub games are always horribly one sided with one team havin' like 2 titans, well the other team has managed to get 5...

Will this game sell well and be successful? Probably, but just because it's a "Cooler" looking COD. A completely casual shooter/military combat type game that every kid is going to want to play. I was hyped for the game, until i saw it actually being played. It's been taking off my to buy list.

Anyways; No, I don't think 343 will follow suit with titan fall/cod, ect, and bring more of those games elements to halo. 343 has to realize that it's stuff like that taking away from the "Classic" halo gameplay thats killing their biggest franchise. I honestly expect a more "Classic" halo to be released next. It will never be what Halo ce/2 was, but it will be somewhat more of a classic arena style halo then Halo 4 was.

Agree completely.  Game looks like garbage.  I might pick it up to screw around with but it doesn't look like it will have any competitive merit at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You really don't know that. If H2A happens, even 343i is aware of the insane backlash that will happen if that game is a terrible rehash. I understand that you're just predicting what you think will happen but even going off previous evidence, it's still just a prediction. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Titanfall isn't gonna have any sort of competitive element to it. Fact. They aren't even trying to put up the front that they are. Nadeshot, who just flew out to the studio to test the game, said on his twitter that the game looks fun and addict ing, but has no ranked playlist and no plans for competitive e sports. No small maps etc etc. this was all straight from them, and I don't think nadeshot would lie on twitter about that.

Oh, I grunched before I posted, I see others agree.

Bottom line, titanfall will be a fun game to mess around in, but 100% isn't gonna fill the competitive niche, in any way.

Here's to hoping the next halo fills that niche

I honestly can see it going either way at this point but I'm not sure Titan Fall will be the game to influence Halo. If Halo 5 continues down the path that Halo 4 has set us on then it will probably still be as a result of 343 trying to imitate the success of Call of Duty by imitating Call of Duty. 

Flame suit on, but IMO Titanfall is extremely overhyped. Not really fun to watch, the gameplay is basically crysis with giant mechs, I seriously don't get how this is seen as a revolutionary shooter.

Besides the movement abilites it doesn't even bring anything new to the table and there is sprint, ADS and camo.

I still admire Respawn though, quitting IW and starting a new studio from scratch seems to have been quite a hard road to follow.

EDIT: I played the Beta for a bit, and I have to say it is fun to play, the movement allows for some cool flanks, gun play is pretty lame though (auto-aim pistol wait wut?). Way less campy than CoD and Battlefield. It's too early to tell, but I think this game will be fun and balanced once people figure out the ugly stuff. There could be quite the amount of exploits and lame 'team strategies' like team-stacking the mechs or camo-sniping on roofs etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To me its just COD with alot of bells and whistles attached. Prob a fun game but not one that this community desires/needs at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't imagine that any hyped game will sell poorly, but I'm not sure Titanfall will hold it's player base very well for longer than a year. However, I seriously can't imagine that Halo 5/2A will copy ideas from other games that haven't even launched yet. (Yes, Titanfall will have launched for at least half a year before the next Halo, but by that time its too late to make any core changes) I can honestly say that while I have a realistic amount of skepticism, I'm sure the next Halo will be a step in the right direction in many ways. It won't be perfect, but 343i has seen too much sh*t over the past year and 3 months to be able to have the balls to put out another atrocious game, especially with 4 former MLG pros on its roster.  

Im sure Microsoft has another game in development that they will use to steal cod fans. Halo will most likely return to part of its roots, it isnt doing too host trying to be a CoD clone and Microsoft is obviously aware of this.

Titanfall and Halo are both made by Microsoft. Halo is going to somewhat go back to its roots, while Titanfall will be Microsoft attempt at making a CoD like game. It's pretty logical.

i want to believe this

Which is why I'm not looking forward to H5 and which is why H2A not only hypes me up, but pisses me off. Get excited, then disappointed.

I'm probably going to get hated on for this but...

I have been paying a lot of attention to titan fall through out everything, And now ive been watching the beta streams quite a lot. I think titan fall looks like ass. Like pure ass. It's looks like a COD with some mech fighting, wall jumping, and slightly more fast paced (At least till people jump in mechs, then it's slow and boring to watch). Game doesn't look even slightly competitive. Pub games are always horribly one sided with one team havin' like 2 titans, well the other team has managed to get 5...

Will this game sell well and be successful? Probably, but just because it's a "Cooler" looking COD. A completely casual shooter/military combat type game that every kid is going to want to play. I was hyped for the game, until i saw it actually being played. It's been taking off my to buy list.

Anyways; No, I don't think 343 will follow suit with titan fall/cod, ect, and bring more of those games elements to halo. 343 has to realize that it's stuff like that taking away from the "Classic" halo gameplay thats killing their biggest franchise. I honestly expect a more "Classic" halo to be released next. It will never be what Halo ce/2 was, but it will be somewhat more of a classic arena style halo then Halo 4 was.

I'm glad other people are saying this besides me. When I say it they respond like I'm being ignorant. Which is half true, I am, I've barely been following the game cause it looks like how you're describing it.

Nothing wrong with fucking around and pub stomping in CoD, but it seems people have forgotten how much of a joke it is compared Quake, CS and Halo(at least Halo: CE). CoD popularity is also a huge influence on the FPS genre and has kind of ruined true competitive shooters with a large skill gap.

• Upvote (+1) 2