CJnEw001

Post Pictures of Your Setup

Purchased the upgrades for my PC.

Intel core i7 3770k

Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler

Samsung 840 500GB SSD

Sapphire 7970 GHz Edition GPU

The 7970 came with keys for Tomb Raider, BioShock: Infinite, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, and Crysis 3.

Then I have a 128GB OCZ SSD at my house I was going to use in an HTPC but I'll probably slap it in this rig for the OS install and keep the 500GB free for game installs.

Don't forget the basement

A_Oprr6CAAAvbEQ.jpg

Rayyyyyy this picture makes me look fatttttttttt

Going to try and build a more traditional set up for people to actually set up at for future LANs, I just took a mini fridge from my house to put in the gaming area. Also going to get an HDMI switch so we can hook up some different POVs and stream them on projector.

Whats a good gaming monitor to get?

This depends on what you really want to spend, a lot of people are moving toward IPS panel technology in gaming monitors but it comes at a premium.

What's a good cheap gaming monitor?

Like around $100-150

You're going to be hard pressed to dip below $150 straight up you'll probably have to rely on mail in rebates or a coupon, unless you want to buy a 19 inch monitor. CLOSE to that range is, Asus VH238H $139.99 after $20 mail in rebate on NewEgg, Asus VS238H-P which is currently 169.99 on NewEgg with a $30 off coupon code that lasts until the 17th, and a $20 mail in rebate, so you could bring the prices down to like $120.

You're going to be hard pressed to dip below $150 straight up you'll probably have to rely on mail in rebates or a coupon, unless you want to buy a 19 inch monitor. CLOSE to that range is, Asus VH238H $139.99 after $20 mail in rebate on NewEgg, Asus VS238H-P which is currently 169.99 on NewEgg with a $30 off coupon code that lasts until the 17th, and a $20 mail in rebate, so you could bring the prices down to like $120.

What is wrong with 5ms 1920x1080 LED monitors for $100? I buy them for customers.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4841118&CatId=5469

That one is 109, down from 130 but there are always deals for 110 or less.

Alright cool. Is Asus any good? I've heard that they are pretty good.

Brand doesnt matter. If you are on a regular working man budget, you want a 1920x1080 LED monitor with as low response time(MS) as possible. I find 5 ms to be fine but to be honest, I might be willing to pay extra for the 2 ms.

Unless he's looking for HDMI input which what you linked does not have. And brand does matter, don't let anyone tell you different. I wouldn't buy a Galaxy GPU over a EVGA simply because I'm on a budget, what does it matter if you get the specs you want if the brand is notorious for taking a shit? Which at my work, I've seen my fair share of Acer products and have dealt with more RMA's then I care to count with their products. Also, Asus is a phenomenal brand and what I provided him, especially the option that comes down to $120 after instant discount and MIR, makes it an extremely appealing option.

These would be good for Halo ?

Keep to brands like Viewsonic, Samsung, BenQ, or Asus, 5ms response time, 2ms GTG, or if you can get a straight 2ms response time monitor, you'll be just fine.

gmfrHxq.jpg
I really need a new desk.. >.>

Laptop- ASUS G75VW-TH72 Gaming Notebook - 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.4GHz, 16GB DDR3, 750GB HDD, Blu-ray Player/DVDRW, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M, 17.3" Display, Windows 8 64-bit

Monitor- ASUS VH238H 23-Inch 1080P LED Monitor with Integrated Speakers

Capture Card- Hauppauge HD PVR2 Gaming Edition

Headset- Steel Series Siberias v2

Mouse- SteelSeries World of Warcraft MMO 62006-R 15 Button USB

Keyboard- Logitech G15

Alright cool. Is Asus any good? I've heard that they are pretty good.

Asus is one of the best brands out. 

964476_10201260697908893_2002716855_o.jp

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn, how much did that cost?

• Upvote (+1) 1

TIL everyone at Beyond ENT forums has awesome computers.

Since I'm never home my room is painfully boring...

77MBf6Q.jpg

Asus is one of the best brands out. 

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn, how much did that cost?

Half of the room is mine, the other half is a good friend of mine's.  His computer is a lot better than mine (I built it for him last summer), but I'm not sure what the room cost is total.  His computer parts ended up being $3,500 all together, but it's incredible.

I can't wait until we move into a larger apartment (or maybe a house) in the future so I can have my own little setup area like I see in some of these posts. All I have is a small wooden desk with our bed directly behind it. You guys are making me jealous.

I'm in the same boat as you except i have a box tv...on top of another box...in the living room...

and my friends ask why i don't play competitively anymore...

Half of the room is mine, the other half is a good friend of mine's.  His computer is a lot better than mine (I built it for him last summer), but I'm not sure what the room cost is total.  His computer parts ended up being $3,500 all together, but it's incredible.

2 Desktops, 3 TV's, 2 Xboxes, High Quality Microphones, and what looks like a nice drumset, that set up looks like something my brother and I would have.

1HuIcKs.jpg

The custom I'm building so I don't have to work on my nearly six year-old iMac with 4GB of RAM. 

<3

The only problem is that Newegg  has sent me four faulty parts. Even my tower's (Cool Master HAF X) glass was cracked and shattered on two sides when it arrived here. Besides that, the power supply, motherboard, and cpu were all bad. I've been on the phone with them 20+ times in the past two months and it's been awful dealing with them. It's like a bad dream. I've heard a lot of people love Newegg, but I for one am never purchasing anything from them again. I don't advise it!

My iMac can barely scrub through HD video, so this is really hindering my workflow having to wait this long on all the replacements I've had to get. 

bVo4w2F.jpg

A few specs: 

Intel Core i7 Sandy Bridge Six-Core CPU

EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB 256-bit Graphics card

ASUS P9X79 PRO LGA 2011 Intel Motherboard

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB RAM

A broader view of my room. Picture the iMac gone, and place both the monitors on my desk. 

SPAfvVh.jpg

Is that a drawing pad? Clean setup btw, I like it.

Indeed it is, sir. My Wacom pen tablet. I use it for drawings and matte paintings. It's really handy in ZBrush as well. I still prefer traditional oil painting over digital, though ;) You can see a couple still-lifes at the bottom left of the last picture. And thank you.

Those are sweet, amazing work. How much did the drawing pad cost?