Joseph

Halo Problems

Halo Issues  

274 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD SPRINT/FLINCH STAY IN HALO?

• Yes, both mechanics belong in Halo.
    • Sprint belongs, but Flinch should be taken out.
    • Flinch belongs, but Sprint should be taken out.
    • No, neither mechanic belongs in Halo.

Halo problems: I know this whole resolution thing having to do with 720p 900p 1080p making a big deal in the gaming news but does it really matter at this point?

As long we hit 60fps we should be good right?

Halo problems: I know this whole resolution thing having to do with 720p 900p 1080p making a big deal in the gaming news but does it really matter at this point?

The native resolution of the game should match the native resolution of the display. My display is 1080p. I don't want visual artifacts introduced from upscaling algorithms which could possibly affect my gameplay. Was that weird shimmer a Camo guy or just an artifact of the upscaling algorithm?

The native resolution of the game should match the native resolution of the display. My display is 1080p. I don't want visual artifacts introduced from upscaling algorithms which could possibly affect my gameplay. Was that weird shimmer a Camo guy or just an artifact of the upscaling algorithm?

Higher resolution is best - that way we can tell if someone is wearing his rocket-boots perk or his speed-gloves perk that he picked up off the map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Higher resolution is best - that way we can tell if someone is wearing his rocket-boots perk or his speed-gloves perk that he picked up off the map.

IIRC, MJOLNIR armor has electromagnetic boots built in, allowing Spartans to walk on metal surfaces in zero gravity, so the idea of armor that gives, or modifies, traits is not an unheard of idea.

The concept of electromagnetic boots, as an on map pick up that allows the player to traverse paths unavailable to other players, is an idea that has legs IMO.

ummm... I was mocking you.

I see you edited out that you were using "reductio ad absurdum" because I was going to let you know that you weren't using that correctly. A better use of reductio ad absurdum would be "gloves that make me reload faster? Let's make Jumping an on map pick up called Jump Boots while we're at it".

Halo- are you joking bro? One of the only good things about halo four was the smooth movement and strafes/jumps. I assume you played halo three? When you strafe or jump in halo three, your spartan is like a half second behind where you are in your strafe/jump. Now THAT, is terrible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo- are you joking bro? One of the only good things about halo four was the smooth movement and strafes/jumps. I assume you played halo three? When you strafe or jump in halo three, your spartan is like a half second behind where you are in your strafe/jump. Now THAT, is terrible.

what

I was replying to the guy a few post up- his name is halo.

If you played halo three, which I assume you did since youre decent and on my fl, you know exactly what I'm talking about

(pretty sure we are friends)

If you played halo three, which I assume you did since youre decent and on my fl, you know exactly what I'm talking about

Use the button 'Quote' so your response doesnt get confused for anyone in the thread, and the person who you're responding to will get a notification. 

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think CoD/BF players care about ranks - but Halo players are different. And so, even with non-competitive players, ranks are the one thing that allows a Halo game to dominate the charts. And they got rid of them, lol.

If Halo 5 has a League-type ranking system, I won't even care about the game's mechanics, honestly. With Josh Menke on board and the fact that they want another Halo 3 (dem Halo 3/Halo 5 trailer similarities), you just gotta #beli343.

I'm a Battlefield player and I would LOVE to have ranks in that game. It would solve the Useless Mountain-Dwelling Sniper problem overnight.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah disagree, bf players would love ranks and cod players are gonna bitch until they get ranked (league play) again.

Nadeshot tweeted not to long ago that the first fps with a competitive ranking system, like h2 and h3, will be the dominant fps for years to come.

They designed it that way. Thats not a good thing.

I hate it when people pretend like everything is wrong with Halo 4. There's a LOT of things wrong with Halo 4, but thats not one of them. There's nothing more exhilarating and skillfull than being 1 shot and landing a jump to escape or flank  2 or three people when they least expect it. There's nothing wrong with allowing players to be more mobile. 

There's nothing wrong with allowing players to be more mobile. 

You like sprint dont you?

Ever played Halo 4 with no sprint? The movement is clunky as fuck.

You like sprint dont you?

Ever played Halo 4 with no sprint? The movement is clunky as fuck.

Ok thats not what I meant. I meant skillful jumps are the shit.

Ok thats not what I meant. I meant skillful jumps are the shit.

I wish spring jumping was more consistent across different surfaces and didn't require you to jump and land crouched to accomplish it. Just crouch, uncrouch+jump.

i quoted and said what because I simply do not understand. I have never heard this or experience "the spartan being behind me."

Halo 3 has very fluid movement and a good jump; even though strafe is not perfect, it's still more effective than halo4's because of hitscan. Now I'll give halo 4 the edge over reach and ce in those categories, but halo2 and halo3 really feel like you have freedom and the maps really let them thrive.

and halo4 does feel clunky because you make the loudest damn noise when you move

Actually the sharpest image is the one your monitor doesn't have to emulate but is native to the monitor. For mine its 768 I believe. Its neither 720 nor 1080. And it is sharp.

I hate it when people pretend like everything is wrong with Halo 4. There's a LOT of things wrong with Halo 4, but thats not one of them. There's nothing more exhilarating and skillfull than being 1 shot and landing a jump to escape or flank 2 or three people when they least expect it. There's nothing wrong with allowing players to be more mobile.

There is if it wasn't how you were raised on halo. Personally I don't mind sprint. I miss it when I play reach. For me its an added mechanic that can be leveraged. But I understand why people rail on it. They were raised on halo no sprint. To them there is a depth of game play that they are accustomed to that requires no sprint. But I think a lot of people are not at and never will be at their depth of game play where every single step is key to winning.

Halo 4 movement is just awful...

What is more amazing than the fact people still complain about halo 4 is that they write walls about it like they are sharing new insight....

So much energy...

... gone to waste...

What is more amazing than the fact people still complain about halo 4 is that they write walls about it like they are sharing new insight....

So much energy...

... gone to waste...

I know right?

I mean no offense... I totally understand that sprint, flinch, etc are a huge problem in Halo and there are a lot of things that should be removed/fixed.

But repeating it over and over and over again after a year and 3 months is... I don't know... tiring? 

So much energy...

... gone to waste...

I know right?

I mean no offense... I totally understand that sprint, flinch, etc are a huge problem in Halo and there are a lot of things that should be removed/fixed.

But repeating it over and over and over again after a year and 3 months is... I don't know... tiring? 

I blame the lack of new Halo news. Once we get to April/June, then I think H4 will stop being mentioned entirely (I hope).