Joseph

Halo Problems

Halo Issues  

274 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD SPRINT/FLINCH STAY IN HALO?

• Yes, both mechanics belong in Halo.
    • Sprint belongs, but Flinch should be taken out.
    • Flinch belongs, but Sprint should be taken out.
    • No, neither mechanic belongs in Halo.

I like the weapon sounds, for the most part.  BR could use some more punch.  Supressor doesn't sound covenant to me at all, but it could do with sounding more forerunner-ish.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Havent nerfed the announcer yet.

Haha this is awesome.

Is that a sentinel beam being used as the flag?!

Why does every weapon in halo 4 sound like ass? BR (human weapon) sounds like Suppressor (forerunner) sounds like Storm Rifle (covie). All metallic grinding bullshit like a dude playing a washboard.

Agreed. They are all trash. They really dropped the ball on this one. For the most part, aside from the Halo 3 Covenant Carbine, every Halo gun had sounded pretty good up until this point. Conversely, every single Halo 4 weapon sounds atrocious.

This is just an example of 343 putting their own feel on Halo and failing miserably.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know.  I think they feel powerful.  The Halo 3 and halo 1 assault rifle sounded weak and cheap, conversely.  I remember when I heard the h3 one for the first time and thinking it sounded like a gun shooting pillows.  This one sounds like something that could ruin your day.

I love the sound of the Magnum, Light Rifle, DMR, Rocket Launcher, Shotgun, and Beam Rifle in Halo 4.   I think those are the best ones.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haha this is awesome.

Is that a sentinel beam being used as the flag?!

It's similar to the beacon you pull out in Extraction, as that's the only objective that works like a traditional Halo Objective, besides an Oddball with no throwing which hasn't been figured out yet.

It's similar to the beacon you pull out in Extraction, as that's the only objective that works like a traditional Halo Objective, besides an Oddball with no throwing which hasn't been figured out yet.

Shanez, this is built off of your modifications. I had to make a bunch of changes to free up some user defined options and the like.

I havent got around to setting up sudden death, maybe you want to tackle that?

And by sudden death i mean when the flag is out of the base and/or an enemy player is within close proximity to contest it.

Halo 2/3 style.

I voted for Sprinting belonging, but Flinch being taken out. However, I would like to add that I couldn't care less if Sprint isn't implemented in the future Halo titles. I consider myself a hardcore/competitive gamer, and I don't mind it as long as it's optional and doesn't ruin the competitive part of Halo. Moreover, I do aspire to become a popular Halo machinima director, and I would love to have this mechanic as I think Sprint is esstential more to me as a Machinima director than a competitive gamer.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I voted for Sprinting belonging, but Flinch being taken out. However, I would like to add that I couldn't care less if Sprint is implemented in the future Halo titles. I consider myself a hardcore/competitive gamer, and I don't mind it as long as it's optional and doesn't ruin the competitive part of Halo. Moreover, I do aspire to become a popular Halo machinima director, and I would love to have this mechanic as I think Sprint is esstential more to me as a Machinima director than a competitive gamer.

Interesting...plus rep

I voted for Sprinting belonging, but Flinch being taken out. However, I would like to add that I couldn't care less if Sprint is implemented in the future Halo titles. I consider myself a hardcore/competitive gamer, and I don't mind it as long as it's optional and doesn't ruin the competitive part of Halo. Moreover, I do aspire to become a popular Halo machinima director, and I would love to have this mechanic as I think Sprint is esstential more to me as a Machinima director than a competitive gamer.

I honest love sprinting in Halo BUT I would never want it in the competitive side of things. I'm a casual old gamer these days, I don't really care a lot about winning, it's more about the journey for me. trolling, throwing nades from half way across the map all match. 

The sprint-grenade glitch was one of the few good things about Halo 4... of course they patched it out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The sprint-grenade glitch was one of the few good things about Halo 4... of course they patched it out.

And people still think we're getting button glitches in H2A...LOL!

I also think that was pretty cool.  I wonder if they would be cool about bringing that back if they lowered the executional difficulty (yes, I know it wasn't very difficult) or would that defeat the purpose?  From where I stand the only important thing about sprint-nading was being able to choose between a normal throw and a more intense one (as opposed to the skill required to execute the intense throw), and each were valuable in different scenarios.

Perhaps instead it could be controlled by holding down the trigger for a slight wind-up before throwing + the further distance and speed, or just tapping it for a normal throw?

While I'm here, what do you all think of the idea of melee that's only allows you to hit a target you're actually close enough to connect with?  No traditional lunge, though you would magnetize a little, but it would mean the energy sword would be powerful because of the increase in attack range it gives you, not the lunge it gives you.  (would be a bit of a nerf for that weapon, but there are ways to compensate, such as increasing attack speed with the sword and/or ammo.  Lunge for the sword could possibly be a player controlled and aimed leap activated with the right trigger, sort of like Hunters in left 4 dead.  traditional sword melee on normal melee button)

adds more skill and timing to CQC, and hopefully discourages mindless melee rushes, and makes people think more tactically about when to engage in fist-fights, as well as giving the Energy Sword some interesting mechanics.  tons of potential for stuff like the Hammer to have its own distinct mechanics  (aerial slam with bigger aoe?)

I'd imagine a lot of people would dislike that sort of change due to unfamiliarity, but would it actually be better and more interesting for melee and melee weapons in Halo?  Or is the lunge-based system superior?

Melee things

So, H1's system? No one lunged, but the horizontal forward space extended a little.

So, H1's system? No one lunged, but the horizontal forward space extended a little.

very close, except a bit harder to miss.  Reorientating your view as much as the current lunge does, but not actually moving you towards your target.  And the added considerations for melee weapons.

It was nice but I don't think it worked on host which would have been a problem. 

Yeah.  Hopefully being purposefully integrated would mean the rougher aspects would be gone.

Sprint is fantastic in game modes like BTB and Dominion. Just not in competitive Halo.

Sprint is fantastic in game modes like BTB and Dominion. Just not in competitive Halo.

Do you think sprint as-is works totally fine for those game modes, or are there any changes needed?

I wouldn't say Sprint is "fantastic" in BTB modes, it's just less of a hindrance to gameplay than 4v4/2v2 etc. It still allows players to get away if they positioned themselves poorly. It's also an excuse to stretch maps out much bigger than they should be.

I still believe BTB modes would benefit from NS. 343 should utilise mancannons, teleporters, and vehicles for people wanting to traverse the map quickly, not adding a mechanic that simply doesn't work, and has been proven not to work, in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do you think sprint as-is works totally fine for those game modes, or are there any changes needed?

Better maps for the most part. I also counted competitive BTB when I said competitive Halo. When it comes down to playing BTB for fun, I think sprint is totally fine.