Joseph

Halo Problems

Halo Issues  

274 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD SPRINT/FLINCH STAY IN HALO?

• Yes, both mechanics belong in Halo.
    • Sprint belongs, but Flinch should be taken out.
    • Flinch belongs, but Sprint should be taken out.
    • No, neither mechanic belongs in Halo.

As for the armour in Halo 4, I feel as though they went too hard for the futuristic sci-fi look and it resulted in a more alien appearance.  I always liked how past Halo armour looked futuristic but still human.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not bringing up designs, because there have been those I've liked and those I've hated in all of the games, but I really liked the battle-worn aesthetic and deep colours that Reach offered.

• Upvote (+1) 3

As for the armour in Halo 4, I feel as though they went too hard for the futuristic sci-fi look and it resulted in a more alien appearance.  I always liked how past Halo armour looked futuristic but still human.

That's actually explainable by the lore. The humans have been readily absorbing any and all forerunner tech/data they could since the end of the covenant war. Part of that was the covenant/Elite armor systems. I guess in the manufacturing of SR-4 program they felt inspired by some of the more "Feudal Japan" aesthetics of the Sangheili armor.

I heard 343i was heavily influenced by The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series in terms of Spartan design. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, on the player cards in the pre-game lobby some look like monsters from a 50's horror movie instead of spartans.

I heard 343i was heavily influenced by The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series in terms of Spartan design. 

And you believe it?

RED POWER RANGER SUPER AWESOME: 

dg55620ch-red-power-ranger-teen-boys-del

DEFENDER... BOOOO:

QEnJu.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's actually explainable by the lore. The humans have been readily absorbing any and all forerunner tech/data they could since the end of the covenant war. Part of that was the covenant/Elite armor systems. I guess in the manufacturing of SR-4 program they felt inspired by some of the more "Feudal Japan" aesthetics of the Sangheili armor.

It would actually be refreshing to play a title reflecting an earlier era with very little in the way of innovation/absorbing.

I agree that the helmets were way too obscure. It would be awesome if they were easily recognizable and iconic. They could have designs based on astronaut helmets or maybe Greek hoplite helmets--the Thracian and Later Corinthian styles would look sick.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Am I the only guy bothered with the armor? I mean, I know the game mechanics are important and all, but... damn... It's like I'm playing Crysis. Woudln't mind going back to the old school armor, or at least a more simple armor design.

I agree, I thought Halo Reach armour was a step in the right direction. I don't like the light weight alternative evolution, to me it looks like it doesn't fit together as wholesomely. When you design armour it usually fits together very intricately, in Halo 4 it's "here's a peace and here's another". The new armour however was designed around the new Spartans figures though but I still think it could be a lot better because it looks like some pieces have become way too exotic. I really miss simple yet effective designs. I heard that it was sourced via third party development though.

This is what I mean by fitting together: 

Template_small.jpg

Alternatively Halo 4

136_max.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree, I thought Halo Reach armour was a step in the right direction. I don't like the light weight alternative evolution, to me it looks like it doesn't fit together as wholesomely. When you design armour it usually fits together very intricately, in Halo 4 it's "here's a peace and here's another". The new armour however was designed around the new Spartans figures though but I still think it could be a lot better because it looks like some pieces have become way too exotic. I really miss simple yet effective designs. I heard that it was sourced via third party development though.

This is what I mean by fitting together: 

Template_small.jpg

Alternatively Halo 4

136_max.jpg

I'll tell you right now that the increased ROM from the Scout armor looks to me like it makes alot more sense in combat. I agree with you in terms of aesthetics, but that big blocky inter-locking armor reminiscent of old Plate Armor is highly restrictive. I think and in-between is desirable.

I'll tell you right now that the increased ROM from the Scout armor looks to me like it makes alot more sense in combat. I agree with you in terms of aesthetics, but that big blocky inter-locking armor reminiscent of old Plate Armor is highly restrictive. I think and in-between is desirable.

Godammit. Who hired the illegal cuban for Lead Designer of Spartan IV's Armor?

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Forget about the technicality though, it's all aesthetics and gameplay that matters.

Tank > Light and nimble spandex warrior 

Teambeyond.net-- the only Halo fansite where 94% of the users think Flinch and Sprint should be taken out of Halo

:goat:

Teambeyond.net-- the only Halo fansite where 94% of the users think Flinch and Sprint should be taken out of Halo

Im guessing the only guy who voted for flinch to stay would be that shootin sammy imposter lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is much more truth to this than one realizes. The implications are significant.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fact that there are 8 people who want sprint (not counting the obvious joke votes) is a bit concerning

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The fact that there are 8 people who want sprint (not counting the obvious joke votes) is a bit concerning

12 if you count the four who voted for wanting both.

Because Kids here are  :salt: that I talked shit about Halo4 and 343 for months and predicted the Fall of Halo4. Yet, I got to meet 343 last year at H4GC. Certain staff members at 343 and I had a great discussion regarding Halo4 and their future projects.  Check my "Halo story/Blog" on it here http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2841-my-thoughts-on-h4gc/

I could care less about getting -neg on an internet forum. I'm actually glad I am getting -neg, it shows that people still have a passion for halo and somebody has to be the "bad guy".  It is pretty cool that the one time I post on this site, people come out of the woodworks to add their opinion using the rep system.     

THAT NEG REP lolol, but still, 

its-over-9000.gif

But anyways Halo 4 isn't getting any worse. In fact population numbers have stabilized many months ago. In fact it's increased a little bit. Something else that's not changing anytime soon is the Halo 4 hate on this forum.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is very true.

so they can try to make us all bitch in the same topic. 7 pages, seems to be at least slightly effective

• Upvote (+1) 1