Joseph

Halo Problems

Halo Issues  

274 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD SPRINT/FLINCH STAY IN HALO?

• Yes, both mechanics belong in Halo.
    • Sprint belongs, but Flinch should be taken out.
    • Flinch belongs, but Sprint should be taken out.
    • No, neither mechanic belongs in Halo.

Say you were forced to choose Sprint or Flinch to stay in the game.

Which would you choose?

Would you rather eat chocolate flavored poop or poop flavored chocolate.

My question has just as much validity as yours. Lets refrain from it.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

IMO, if I liked sprint etc...i would just play cod, but i dont like cod...so, i would like my Halo back :)

post of the year

• Upvote (+1) 2

Time to beat a dead horse!

Loadouts

Players can choose to spawn with an AR + Pistol or a BR/DMR/BMR/whatever + Pistol via game loadouts. Game Loadouts can be customized in Customs

Personal loadouts and perks removed

Players should spawn with no AA, additional ones could be found on the map. (Perhaps let players pick them off dead bodies?)

Ordnance

Random Ordnance removed

Personal Ordnance only in customs or Minigames, where it works best

Initial Ordnance should let you change spare clips, apply gametype labels, and should have static timers (The old pod should be deleted if it hasn't been picked up)

Perhaps put Plasma Pistols and Grenades on Ordnance in BTB, to let players ajust?

Movement

Slight movement speed increase (110%)

Higher jump

Faster strafe acceleration

Increase in FOV (this is the main thing that makes you feel so slow)

No Sprint

Maybe a built in Thruster Pack for additional movement?

Weapon Sandbox

Descope

Realistic (CE level won't happen) reduction in aim assist and bullet magnetism (Between Halo 3 and Reach)

Bloom only on automatics and turrets. Maybe even experiment with precision automatics?

The Pistol should kill faster than the rifles, but would have a shorter range and clip. I hate the spammy bloomy pistol...

Promethean weapons need to be totally redone, except the LR. They're mostly re-skins at the moment

Grenade Launcher replaces the Sticky Detonator

On map weapons should be worth picking up

Buff the blast radius of the Gravity Hammer and the lunge on the sword

If the weapon is battery powered, let us change it's battery instead of spare clips

Buff the Plasma Pistol and all grenade types, since you can't spawn with them anymore

30-45 second despawn time

Vehicle Sandbox

More health

Damage nerf on Warthog turret

Classic sounds (Warthog)

3 Falcon variants, standard, chin gun, grenade launchers

Some new Covie vehicle

snip

Flag was auto pickup in H1 just so you know. You could drop it and everything. It also had like an invisible sphere pickup zone around it where you didnt have to be right on it to pick it up. 

I love most everything you've had to say, so far I am speaking vicariously through you.

The main thing that needs to be brought back is the 1-50 ranking system or some sort of league play. It kept the competition alive each day which honestly kept most people playing, even the people who weren't interested in going to events.

Flag was auto pickup in H1 just so you know. You could drop it and everything. It also had like an invisible sphere pickup zone around it where you didnt have to be right on it to pick it up. 

I love most everything you've had to say, so far I am speaking vicariously through you.

I was too young to play Halo 1 on a competitive level, I dont have much experience with the game and I am not going to be one of those guys who pretends like I did! I did not know that btw - atleast you could drop it though.

My Halo exp is from the beginning of Halo 2 - Now :)  

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Flinch was incorporated because according to Frank O'Connor, descope was too "jarring." 343 loves catering to players without thumbs not named Enable.

Descope may be jarring to some but you can be good enough to control your aim and still have perfect accuracy. It requires mastery of a skill. Flinch just messes with your aim and there's nothing you can do about it. If you get shot with a sniper in Halo 4 while zoomed in, there is literally nothing you can do to fight back. Your reticle goes FLYING up in the air. There is no skill that can be mastered to help you take out that sniper.

Let us have control over our gameplay. Enough with these features that allow bad players to be closer in skill to better players. With Josh Menke's ranking system in place, there will be no need to make things easier for less talented players. They will be playing against players of equal skill, not getting destroyed by better players every game.

And yes, I 100% believe that Josh Menke's ranking system will work.

Frank can come up with any lame excuse he wants to justify the unjustifiable. Flinch is FAR MORE jarring!

With descope, I am still looking at my target. With flinch, I am still zoomed and now trying to figure out why the hell my target isn't in my sites, why nothing that was in my sites are in my sites, and where the hell i am aiming at the moment.

How can anyone suggest Descope is more jarring than flinch and keep a straight face?

\

Flinch is spelled J-A-R-R-I-N-G

• Upvote (+1) 1

Giving the game a million different options is the result of a developer that has no clue what they're actually doing.

THIS!

PREACH IT!

The more I read these posts the more I get pissed at what was done to halo. It's time I just go to bed...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Auto Flag Pickup Optional? This is one of the WORST features I have experienced in Halo 4.  It needs to be gone.  Never been in any other Halo title why on earth should it be made optional?  Once again this is not Call of Duty, you always had to hold a button down to pick up the flag in a Halo game, no reason to change that.. like I legit cannot think of one good reason Auto Flag pickup would even be considered in a game where you have shields.  I can see why in Call of Duty because you have such little health that you need to get in and get out as fast as possible before being spotted.

Flag Juggling Optional... read above ^.  Been in every Halo game.. just leave it alone.

Yes, this is so much truth.

The worst is when you actually get the flag thrown at you, which happens in Skirmish sometimes. You are doing some awesome slaying and suddenly the flag drops on your head from the gravity lift :-/ There you are with a flagnum and a certain death. :-/

Have the choice to pick it up and to drop the flag MUST be implemented in the next Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My predictions:

Halo 5 will have Sprint. Will it have an option to disable it? I don't know. Descoping will probably return. Flagnum as well but you will be able to pick it up and drop the flag or something like that. 4 shot BR 2 shot beatdown. 

Obviously H2A won't have sprint. Although that would be hilarious. 

I've said this before, but I am more curious to see the decisions 343i makes as a company rather than play Halo 5. They made a bunch of new hires and a bunch of people left the company. Halo 4 sold millions but got a ton of criticism and has a very low population. Will they hold a big tournament again like the H4GC? They refused to implement an in game ranking system and decide to implement CSR 6 months after the game comes out which doesn't even work properly because nobody plays the game. Now they hire the best ranking system guy in the business. Pre-Halo 4 they didn't listen to any community feedback. No beta, no nothing. Yet the game gets released half-broken and then they go on a 2-week vacation. And of course, the "we hired people who hated halo" article. There's so much more. The "White X" instead of red, which should have been there from the start. Boltshot. Split screen lag on forge maps. Regicide. File browser didn't work for 3 months. Can't watch videos in theater with friends, WHEN YOU COULD DO THAT IN HALO 3. Backing out in the lobby before voting for maps. 

I'm gonna stop here. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm grunching so I'm sure it's been said, but we NEED competitive ranking system. Social and ranked, and then within ranked, some sort of competitive ranking system. 1-50, gold silver platinum, half moon quarter moon full moon, I don't care just make it fucking competitive, and make it work.

OP needs to be edited to add my suggestion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just to beat the horse some more. Here's what we need

-Ranks that work

-Social/Ranked playlist

-Spectator Mode

-Descope

-No sprint lol

-No loadouts in Ranked

-Better UI (Something like Reach or any other halo besides halo 4)

-One main Precision weapon. Whether it be a Pistol, Br, DMR, hell a fking Halo 3 beta Carbine. Just one for Ranked/Competitive

-More Custom options

-Better forge maps with MORE TEXTURES/COLORS IM SICK OF THE SAME ONES OVER AND OVER.

-Better out of the box maps

-Better spawns

Now about the ranks, I would like to have ranks kind of like the league of legends ELO system. the 1-50 system was great but I just dont think 343 could pull it off. With Josh Menke 343 could do so many amazing things with ranks I just really hope they do it. I would love to see Divisions/Ladders and Team/Solo ranks in halo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now about the ranks, I would like to have ranks kind of like the league of legends ELO system. I would love to see Divisions/Ladders and Team/Solo ranks in halo

If they have anything close to resembling the complicated bullshit of LoL ranking I'll be horribly disappointed. Ladders and Qualifiers and all that crap is ridiculous and  doesn't serve players well at all.

What should your division be?  Your fucking skill rank, period.  Divide the lower ones up into 5 groups and put the 50s in their own.

How should standings work?  Short seasons with W/L and nothing else. It works for EVERY PROFESSIONAL SPORT, it should work for Halo.

• Downvote (-1) 4

If they have anything close to resembling the complicated bullshit of LoL ranking I'll be horribly disappointed. Ladders and Qualifiers and all that crap is ridiculous and  doesn't serve players well at all.

Get out

• Upvote (+1) 3

What should your division be?  Your fucking skill rank, period.  Divide the lower ones up into 5 groups and put the 50s in their own.

How should standings work?  Short seasons with W/L and nothing else. It works for EVERY PROFESSIONAL SPORT, it should work for Halo.

I would like for you to explain to me how the Ladder ranking system is complicated.

You play placement games to get placed in a division.

You then play games to earn Ladder points.

You lose ladder points for losing

You earn ladder points for winning

When you have enough ladder points you can advance Divisions.

Sorry that confuses you.

I would like for you to explain to me how the Ladder ranking system is complicated.

You play placement games to get placed in a division.

You then play games to earn Ladder points.

You lose ladder points for losing

You earn ladder points for winning

When you have enough ladder points you can advance Divisions.

Sorry that confuses you.

That's 5 steps. (and who said I was confused?)

WIN / LOSS

I think mine is less complicated.

That's 5 steps. (and who said I was confused?)

WIN / LOSS

I think mine is less complicated.

Errrrrr

Its 1 step, play placement games, then you get ur division.

Saying "You earn points for a win" is the same as "Win/Loss" lol

You have placement matches, get a division, then just play games. Thats it. Win you get points/loss you lose points. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Errrrrr

Its 1 step, play placement games, then you get ur division.

Saying "You earn points for a win" is the same as "Win/Loss" lol

You have placement matches, get a division, then just play games. Thats it. Win you get points/loss you lose points. 

You're being dishonest - it's more complicated than that. I've read all about it an know how it works, I don't need it explained to me.

leagueoflegendsleaguess.jpg

Divisions-League.png

Why does this "simple" system need a 7 minute explanation video on YouTube?

My proposal would take a 30 second video - Your skill rank determines your division if you decide to do league play. The team that has the best W/L wins the season! (that might be more like 8 seconds)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now about the ranks, I would like to have ranks kind of like the league of legends ELO system. the 1-50 system was great but I just dont think 343 could pull it off. With Josh Menke 343 could do so many amazing things with ranks I just really hope they do it. I would love to see Divisions/Ladders and Team/Solo ranks in halo

If Halo 4 has taught us anything it's that Halo hasn't borrowed enough from other titles.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really didn't feel like going into a deep debate about this. What I was trying to get across was I would like to see a Division/Ladder ranking system it does not have to be the exact same as league of legends. I was simply saying league has a great Division/Ladder system.

For some reason you keep going back to your ranking system would be based on wins and loses. That's the whole point I'm getting at. A ladder/division system IS based on wins and loses. A Division system makes it to where ranks actually matter and there wont be a chance of a "40" playing with a "10" on his team. It's just not fair when that happens.

Lets say you get placed into Silver, You would only play with silver players until you are ready to move up to gold. It's not complicated at all and just makes the game a better experience for everyone who plays it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really didn't feel like going into a deep debate about this. What I was trying to get across was I would like to see a Division/Ladder ranking system it does not have to be the exact same as league of legends. I was simply saying league has a great Division/Ladder system.

For some reason you keep going back to your ranking system would be based on wins and loses. That's the whole point I'm getting at. A ladder/division system IS based on wins and loses. A Division system makes it to where ranks actually matter and there wont be a chance of a "40" playing with a "10" on his team. It's just not fair when that happens.

Lets say you get placed into Silver, You would only play with silver players until you are ready to move up to gold. It's not complicated at all and just makes the game a better experience for everyone who plays it.

This this this. Its honestly fantastic and keeps you playing.

You would think with the popularity of League that the ranking system is clearly proven to have worked. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've read all about it an know how it works, 

Key word, read. Play it, and its laughably simple and clear.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't see how leagues and the old system is any different other than one uses numbers and one uses letter.

I'd just pick the 1-50 because if it aint broke don't fix it type of deal. League's system does seem more like halo3's with mmr. Halo2 its just strictly win/loss

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would love a rank system that offers tiers like Reach did with the 50% Onyx and the 1% Onyx ranks. Not every 50/Onyx player is on the same level. Pro's had 50's in Halo 3 and so did a lot of players who weren't pro's. The system needs to change and have more restrictions on who can play who.

Combine 1-50 with Leagues system

Diamond 50

Platinum 50

Gold 50

Silver 50

Bronze 50

that would be the dope as fuck..

• Upvote (+1) 2