Joseph

Halo Problems

Halo Issues  

274 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD SPRINT/FLINCH STAY IN HALO?

• Yes, both mechanics belong in Halo.
    • Sprint belongs, but Flinch should be taken out.
    • Flinch belongs, but Sprint should be taken out.
    • No, neither mechanic belongs in Halo.

Your link to waypoint is missing the : after https. It's redirecting to another site.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Also minimal random spread (or no spread at all) and no bloom for the spawning rifle. And less bullet magnetism, to counter that accuracy. I'm done, this is not turning into a wish list.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will  #343ayame   :ghost: have any say now that he is an employee, thats the real question. 

2 years later we are still having the same problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree as well, it is best to now and then push the idea across once again that some of these new features have no place in a Halo game due to how the game is meant to play as a arena shooter.

-Sprint removed

-Flinch removed

-Descope returned

-Movement speed default 120%-130%

-Flag pick up/drop returned

-Armor Abilities removed

-Loadouts removed

-Ranking System and Ranked/Social playlists returned

-No Bloom, No Spread, on Precision weapons

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Make strafing responsive again

With dedicated servers, I'd be okay with a non-hitscan BR again.

REMOVE aim-acceleration. Let me decide how fast of slow I want my reticle to move..

Decrease auto aim/bullet magnetism.

Give the sound of the BR more punch. It sounds like a pellet gun in Halo 4 and that makes it very unpleasant to use.

Include the CoD round-based CTF as an option so we have the ability to play balanced CTF games on asymmetrical maps.

Make the hitboxes smaller. Headshots in Reach/H4 are too easy.

Remove ALL spread on precision rifles. Let my aim decide whether I 4 shot someone, not your random elements.

Bring back ASSAULT

Loadouts need restrictions. For example, you can either pick a BR or AR as primary and everyone gets a Magnum secondary. Everyone has frags.

Remove the perks. I shouldn't have to use a perk for my grenades to work or for my shields to recharge at a normal rate..

Add a 1v1 playlist like the H2 days. Dedicated servers allow this.

Remove hit markers on grenades.

Remove personal and random ordnance.

Make the progression based ranks take forever to achieve the highest rank like Reach(obviously give us skill ranks as well).

Give the game more vibrant colors. Reach and 4 were both so dull.

Add color back to the medals

Once a full game is found, LOCK PLAYERS IN SO THEY CANT BACK OUT

Don't start a game with uneven teams.

Get rid of the horrible sideways Pokémon card UI and revert the UI back to the way it was in past Halos

Make the skill ranks able to be seen by everybody without having to navigate 49 menus like Arena in Reach.

Remove bloom from all non-automatic weapons. The DMR and Magnum having bloom is ridiculous.

Honestly though, If they remove sprint and put descope in, it will automatically be enjoyable for me. Halo 4 would have been so good without sprint and flinch. The DMR pre-patch would have never been considered overpowered if H4 had descope. Sniping while getting shot would take skill. Sprint and flinch/no descope killed true Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know that this is gonna get downvoted, but we have to be realistic. Sprint isn't gonna go away, what we should be asking for is the option to turn it off/on. I agree with everything else. Armor abilities need to be balanced, ordnance (if it continues) shouldn't damage you at all, flinch needs to go and descope is absolutely necessary. In-game ranks have to come back as well as NEW, competitive, SMALLER maps. Also, I don't know if anyone remembers, but the spawn system needs fixing. The spawn influence system breaks the flow of the game, I think. I don't think loadouts are the devil, but certain traits (like being able to collect dropped grenades) should return. Also, I think there should be an option to turn off the damn assassination animations. Just my humble opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know that this is gonna get downvoted, but we have to be realistic. Sprint isn't gonna go away, what we should be asking for is the option to turn it off/on. I agree with everything else. Armor abilities need to be balanced, ordnance (if it continues) shouldn't damage you at all, flinch needs to go and descope is absolutely necessary. In-game ranks have to come back as well as NEW, competitive, SMALLER maps. Also, I don't know if anyone remembers, but the spawn system needs fixing. The spawn influence system breaks the flow of the game, I think. I don't think loadouts are the devil, but certain traits (like being able to collect dropped grenades) should return. Also, I think there should be an option to turn off the damn assassination animations. Just my humble opinion.

Wrong. Ask for what we want and what Halo needs. If they give it to us great, if not then hopefully the customization.

• Upvote (+1) 2

petition for mods to compare the ip of shootinsammy to every other user, then reveal the culprit:

1. oh4

also
6QkdW.jpg

plz 343, that is majority if I ever seen it. >2/3rds and you still going to put it in da game?
edit: 71% wants sprint taken out, 90% wants flinch removed

also remove hitmarkers on grenades

• Upvote (+1) 3

petition for mods to compare the ip of shootinsammy to every other user, then reveal the culprit:

1. oh4

I already know who it is - confirmed troll

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just pointing out that flinch doesn't necessarily mean no descope. Flinch is the reticle moving around when you get shot. That can still happen with descope. We need descope AND no flinch.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I basically want Halo 2/3 style Halo with better features, better connection.  Just remove all the unnecessary rubbish.  Completely agree with the points you listed Saucey, I think Halo 4 has helped the competitive community define what we actually want as a Halo game.  Sure there will be disagreements here and there, but mostly, it's a lot more uniform now.

Wow even on waypoint 70% of the vote is neither mechanic belongs in Halo. And yet I'd be extremely surprised if they took sprint out of H5. 343 is clueless (until proven otherwise).

:(

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wrong. Ask for what we want and what Halo needs. If they give it to us great, if not then hopefully the customization.

Wrong. The current trend in FPS games (aka. What people nowadays buy and what makes gaming studios money) is being able to sprint. The chances of sprint being removed completely are basically zero, you need to let go of the nostalgia that our halo community can't seem to get over and realize that. Having the option to turn it off, along with descoping and great maps will be perfect, especially if we're gonna be allowed a community run playlist like the one we had with Ghost running Throwdown. That will allow us to tweak the settings to make it optimal, competitive, balanced and, most importantly, FUN. The more options we have, the better the playlist will be, IMHO.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Seriously 343 can put whatever gameplay features they want in the campaign. No one cares. We play that for the story. Be innovative there.

I don't see the need to have the multiplayer tie in with the campaign. The gameplay features and mechanics can be completely different and as long as the MP plays well, I doubt anyone will complain that it isn't the same as campaign.

The way you shoot in CoD, flinch makes sense. If there wasn't flinch in CoD I could probably get 100 kill games with my feet, altho in Ghosts you die so fast it almost renders it useless. In Halo you move faster, jump higher, and shoot hip fire with a tiny reticle. It's hard enough specially with the amount of aim assist. I know people who can't shoot for crap in any Halo but CoD they destroy. Don't think flinch serves any purpose, specially for an Arena shooter…or well the Arena shooter it used to be anyways.

Sprint…..sucks.  We're not going for realism here, it's a sci-fi Arena shooter game. I'd much rather play old Halo with faster movement speed than the slow walk/fast sprint thing we have now. Sprint doesn't make it more fast paced, it just makes the maps huge. I'd rather be in the action walking on Midship/etc than have to sprint 3-5 seconds at least on maps like Adrift to see any action. Hearing someone huff and puff and having the screen go up and down cuz they're running =/= exciting and fast paced.

We had fast paced, now we don't, altho it's better now with Ghostayames beautiful settings, its still far from a Halo game i'd wanna play 6-8 hours a day like I used to. Even my friends that left Halo 2-3 years ago to play CoD/BF, who left because they said Halo never changed anything, now are saying they just want the old style of Halo again….weird I know. 

• Upvote (+1) 4