The Snazzer

Old Pros and H2A.

In recent years we did not see that from the comp community like we did with the trilogy. Many veteran pros dropping out had as much to do with lack of passion for the new Halo games as it did with them burning out or realizing that they needed to pursue a "real career". 

idk man

making a living > playing video games and not making a living 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like if they ever came back, it'd be treated casually and they'd play the game and attend events for the fun of it. Would play to win, but not stress over it. They just wouldn't play under their previous team names so their stats aren't tarnished.

Alex Valle, Daigo.

I could easily see Walshy and some of the older pros competing again given the right team.

Fighting games you can pratice less and play more casually than Halo . Justin Wong himself says he practices about 8 hours a week compared to these other pro gamers who practice 8-16 hours a day. With that said, those 2 prove that you can be older than most of the competition and still win tournaments, place well and be a contender.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

idk man

making a living > playing video games and not making a living 

That is certainly true, and I am not saying pro gaming is a viable long-term career choice but the lack of enthusiasm for the new Halo was apparent online(no ranks, less customs, Arena was dead), on the forums, and at the events. Most veteran pros have too much respect/common sense to bash the franchise/devs that allowed them this opportunity on social media(unlike other communities) but you cant tell me guys like Walshy,T2, Elamite, Strongside, ect.. were as enthusiastic and gaming as hard in Reach as they were in the H2 days. Gaming 6-12 hours a day is certainly not an easy thing to do, and if you hate the direction and new game your competing in, I would imagine it would stop being a fun hobby/profession and become pain-ful at that point to put that much time into a game you dislike especially when it takes a turn for the worst.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah the teams would change because some people play way better without sprint. Think of teams like bth and sq, really good shots, teamwork, movement etc. They just played too slow, that's why they weren't top three. When sprint is in the game it just makes the game play different, and that suits some better than others.

And oh yes, it could 100% be more popular than halo 3 given today's technology. With spec mode, streaming, big sponsors, competitive dev support. If the game is good, the huge numbers will follow.