My Tails

With all the H2A Hype...

Why has literally no one but me and maybe 2 other people downloaded XBC and played to prepare for the release? 3 months ago this service was almost shut down and now there's maybe less than 200 people that use it weekly. I honestly think that if we're going to hype up a potential re-release of the game, people should be playing it more. Setup of XBC and troubleshooting will maybe take an hour at most and you can find a copy of h2 at any pawn shop or online for less than 10 dollars. It seems like little effort and little sacrifice to go play a game everyone LOVED, so why continue to bitch and complain about the other halo's but refuse to take a little time out of your day to play H2? This option should be heavily considered for all h2 fans and if you decide to join me, add my user: My_Tail; i'll be glad to play w/ anyone at this point. (edit: that's not columbian.)

• Upvote (+1) 7

I just played an English host and it was not that bad. I'm sure French might not be that bad either, but nothing is like the huge lag spikes that I get when I play with Columbians.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just played an English host and it was not that bad. I'm sure French might not be that bad either, but nothing is like the huge lag spikes that I get when I play with Columbians.

Not to mention that Europe has some of the best internet services available, meanwhile in columbia...... (you get my point)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think alot of people are scared to jump back into halo 2. It has alot to do with just that *bxr hosty* if you catch my drift.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why has literally no one but me and maybe 2 other people downloaded XBC and played to prepare for the release? 3 months ago this service was almost shut down and now there's maybe less than 200 people that use it weekly. I honestly think that if we're going to hype up a potential re-release of the game, people should be playing it more. Setup of XBC and troubleshooting will maybe take an hour at most and you can find a copy of h2 at any pawn shop or online for less than 10 dollars. It seems like little effort and little sacrifice to go play a game everyone LOVED, so why continue to bitch and complain about the other halo's but refuse to take a little time out of your day to play H2? This option should be heavily considered for all h2 fans and if you decide to join me, add my user: My_Tail; i'll be glad to play w/ anyone at this point. (edit: that's not columbian.)

I've been trying to get a few copies of H2 for LANs and for XBC, but every time I have money I can maybe find 1 copy and it's over priced. When I'm out of money I'll see 20 different people on craigslist selling them for under $20. Also am in the process of moving and don't have time to game at all since my set up is packed away.

I really only ever play CE on XBC. I don't like the feel of Halo 2 weapons at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

some1 from kansas city needs to get on the ball so we can all enjoy 1000mb of upload

or austin...

Every time I opened and tried to play on XBC there was either  FW serves or Colombians so I just dont bother anymore. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Every time I opened and tried to play on XBC there was either  FW serves or Colombians so I just dont bother anymore. 

You need to redownload and install the app, make sure winpcap is installed properly and forward port 8602 in your router settings. Don't give up because everything didn't work perfectly, ask for help.

My Tails whats your XBC name i'll keep an eye for you and see if we can't run some games.

some1 from kansas city needs to get on the ball so we can all enjoy 1000mb of upload

or austin...

you're from Kansas? your ping was 29 in my host a couple weeks ago i thought you lived in state this man is not lying about those numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've never found a good host or a competitive lobby on XBC.  Is H2 PC still up?  That's what I used once they shut down the xbox servers, and normally could easily get an 8 person lobby for FFA or 4's with decent host.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've never found a good host or a competitive lobby on XBC.  Is H2 PC still up?  That's what I used once they shut down the xbox servers, and normally could easily get an 8 person lobby for FFA or 4's with decent host.

I have never been on XBC where i couldn't find an 8 man lobby of people who know how to play halo 2. you just need to be patient some times and get out there and meet the other players.

I'm working on it... Trying to track down a copy of the Halo 2 DLC/Patch disc. Not a single one in my city. May have to order it off Amazon.ca for $17 used, or $59 new.... Either way it's worth it, Just gotta go get a prepaid credit card as i do not have one my self. 

you're from Kansas? your ping was 29 in my host a couple weeks ago i thought you lived in state this man is not lying about those numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!

you read my post wrong. I do live near you.

I was referring to google fiber which has 1000 megs upload which would unite east coast and west coast and canada

• Upvote (+1) 1

you read my post wrong. I do live near you.

I was referring to google fiber which has 1000 megs upload which would unite east coast and west coast and canada

lol my bad i'm lurking the forum while i wait on render times so i'm only half paying attention every couple minutes.

i'd like to get some xbc action in, i just need the discs

on thf we had a mailing list for the map disc, maybe we could start one here

You need to redownload and install the app, make sure winpcap is installed properly and forward port 8602 in your router settings. Don't give up because everything didn't work perfectly, ask for help.

My Tails whats your XBC name i'll keep an eye for you and see if we can't run some games.

Everything works fine, im saying that none of the servers are ever under 200 PING cause they aren't in NA.

I have a Macbook Pro, if someone knows how to get XBC on it or if XBC could just make a damn MAC version i would totally download it.

Columbian? French host is the worst.

umm...those wouldn't be an issue with more americans playing....don't wanna play on a columbian/french host? host yourself or get a friend to do it...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Username: My_Tail

I think there should be a big push for more Americans to play XBC, especially for the re-release, it would be good for everyone to brush up on their skills and hype up the game :)