Sign in to follow this  
unknowNNN

PERFECT Halo 2 Anniversary vs. PERFECT Halo 5

Okay, so lets play the what-if game for a bit here. Suppose the rumors about the Halo 2 Anniversary are completely true. It's the exact same Halo game you went and bought all the way back in November 2004. Same campaign. But, unlike Halo: CE Anniversary, H2A has shipped with a FULL multiplayer, the almost exact same one that was shipped when the game launched.

All the same playlists, some tweaked a bit to fit the new game. The same ranking system that kept everybody coming back for more is included as well. And don't forget the button glitches. All of this jam-packed into a crystal-clear, 1080p, 60 FPS remake. Now, with H2A having the near-perfect MP experience that came with Halo 2 ten years ago, the Halo population SKYROCKETS back to a competing level with Call of Duty. Also, Halo steals some of COD's fans, and now they've become fans of the new Halo (yet old) title.

Along with the population increase comes the interest in competitive Halo, something Halo 2 was largely known for. Most of us can agree that MLG would be literally nothing without the collaboration between them and the Halo series. Now, this time around, full developer support is here for the game, competitive wise. 343 promotes tournaments, and even announces a H4GC-esc tournament, only for teams. To add to things, a perfect spectator mode has been added to the game to accommodate the standards of competitive games in today's day and age. The game is back on the circuit, events are selling out in minutes once more. Halo is back on top.

Now, a year or two later, 343 announces the sequel to the acclaimed title Halo 4, calling the new title Halo 5, as expected. In the new game, the Halo community gets EVERYTHING they have asked for. improved spectator mode from H2A, Josh Menke's new ranking system, Armor Abilities and Sprint are now able to be edited in and out of settings. Descope is re-added and the 4-shot Battle Rifle feels like Halo 2's. The game is everything the community has asked for and more. Dev support is still there in full force, with another huge tournament on the way for the new title, as well as MLG picking up the game and adding it to the circuit.

Now, this leaves everyone in a bit of a predicament. The community has gotten what they asked for in Halo 2 Anniversary, the perfect remake to the game every everyone has hailed as the best game to ever bear the Halo brand. But, with Halo 5, almost every improvement has been made since Halo 4, and 343i has listened to the community and fulfilled our wishes and met our demands. Now, does 343i take the approach like Valve did with Counter-Strike and support both games (referring to 1.6, Source, and Global Offensive) or do they funnel everyone to the new title by supporting that one exclusively?

Now obviously this is all a work of my imagination, but if something similar happens, what do you think will happen?

Thanks for reading,

unknowN

• Upvote (+1) 2

If both games were to be perfect according to Beyond, they will be the same game, only difference will be the maps and the weapons/vehicles.

but to play your game, I would say Halo 5 in a "pulling in population" sense, since people tend to stick with anything new.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most will move on to the newer game. Especially the competitive community because MS would push the new game, give it full support which in turn would get more support from sponsors leading to bigger and better tournaments.

That's if they are both perfect though. If H2A is exactly how we are hoping it is, and H5 is a failure, It'll be nothing be H2A for everybody.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They would most definitely support both games still. But if halo 2 anniversary is successful, as well as halo 5, MLG would just pick up the latest and greatest halo for the circuit, which in this case would be halo 5. Truthfully I don't think halo 2 anniversary will come with MP for this reason alone, hope I'm wrong tho. This would be a good problem to have. There's just something about good competitive halo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here is how it will go.

Guys at 343i

Guy A "Dude the competitive kids are mad at us"

Guy B "Its okay we will make H2A, that will shut them up."

Guy A ''Great idea! What about flinch and sprint, we know we love that we can't get rid of it."

Guy B " Thats what Halo 5 is for! we can put our precious sprint, flinch and huge maps into that game."

Guy A " I get it, We get Halo 5 and the competitives can stay on H2A, both sides are happy."

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Here is how it will go.

Guys at 343i

Guy A "Dude the competitive kids are mad at us"

Guy B "Its okay we will make H2A, that will shut them up."

Guy A ''Great idea! What about flinch and sprint, we know we love that we can't get rid of it."

Guy B " Thats what Halo 5 is for! we can put our precious sprint, flinch and huge maps into that game."

Guy A " I get it, We get Halo 5 and the competitives can stay on H2A, both sides are happy."

The really sad thing is that 343i disappointed me with h4 so bad that could actually see this happening  

• Upvote (+1) 2

The really sad thing is that 343i disappointed me with h4 so bad that could actually see this happening  

Me too, As long as they make a amazing H2A, I don't care if they put horses, big team bolt shot or mantis slayer in Halo 5 because I will be on H2A. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

The way I see it, a perfect Halo 5 (following the observed trends of H4) would be an excellent and perfected 'Battlefield Halo'. All out war game modes that were massive, but balanced, and fun.

And a perfect H2A would be...well...itself, more or less. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

A perfect Halo sequel built off the crumbling foundations of Reach+H4? No, thanks I'll stick with the safe bet which happens to be one of the best MP FPS ever made.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I would say Halo 5. It would be newer, have some improved features, more variety in playlists, etc. Perfect H2A would do great for the first year, and still maintain a community after that, but I think that Perfect Halo 5 would take the throne.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 2 was great as it is, no other game will top it(other than CE).

That being  said, CE > H2 > Any Halo(including future ones).

That's still not perfect for H5 too be perfect Sprint, AA's, wouldn't exist in any shape or form in the game period the pro's and casuals need to be playing the same game there can't be some massive difference like in the last 2 games setting's were like two different games.

It should be like it was in Halo 3 the only difference between them should be radar off/on and power up's/weapons maps.

I'd rather stick with H2A since with the original multiplayer intact is the second best Halo gameplay wise and likely the best were going to see and the maps are likely going to be way better as well the chances of H5 being perfect are slim and none with H2 all they have too do is upgrade the graphics add forge, theater, and the leave the original multiplayer the alone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've already played Halo 2. Realistically, a remake will be the same thing - faults and all - except with shinier graphics, a better netcode, and [likely] dumber playlists. Maybe it'd be nice as a bit of fan service, but that's not the game I'd want to play for 3 more years.

343i should look at what made the first games fun and then make that better. If this is achieved, the community will have a healthy game to grow with that wont need to rely on nostalgia to sustain itself.

As others said, the perfect game will be a sequel to Halo 2, not a remake.

Depends. If Halo 5 ends up being a better game than Halo 2, then it should replace H2. Period. The better competitive game should take the spot. That being said, frankie and kevin franklin are not capable of making something as good as Halo 3. Much less Halo 2. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

That's still not perfect for H5 too be perfect Sprint, AA's, wouldn't exist in any shape or form in the game period

In any shape or form, huh?

Because removing custom game options went over so well in Halo 4

• Upvote (+1) 3

H2A. Halo 2 was arguably the best game of the franchise (some may say CE, but it's definitely one or the other) and I could play it for hours and hours. I simply don't trust 343 to make a perfect H5, mainly because they ruined H4 and I don't see them backtracking to remove everything about H4 when they make H5. However, I think they'd have to be complete fools to mess up a REMAKE of a game. So yes, H2A for me please

• Upvote (+1) 1

Depends. If Halo 5 ends up being a better game than Halo 2, then it should replace H2. Period. The better competitive game should take the spot. That being said, frankie and kevin franklin are not capable of making something as good as Halo 3. Much less Halo 2. 

^most accurate statement in this thread

Sorry to question the movement of Breaking Bad's train, but remember that we haven't gotten anything nearly as good as H2 in years..

"Do you want to turn to stone?"

"Armor abilities breed for smarter combat."

"Armor lock is overpowered! I love it!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

In any shape or form, huh?

Because removing custom game options went over so well in Halo 4

If you're talking about for like minigames and stuff like then they can exist then I don't care about that but other then that they shouldn't be used for anything other then that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A "perfect" Halo 5 versus a perfect remake of Halo 2? If I were making Halo 5, it would be easy to go one step further than Halo 2. The main thing to do is to reduce the aim assist, especially bullet magnetism. At the end of the day, a more skillful game is a better game. Sure, button glitches added some skill, but at the most basic level, an easy spawning weapon creates so many undesirable traits in a game. And as someone said before, I would hope that the better game would be supported, and that game (in this perfect scenario) would be Halo 5. Someone else said the perfect Halo 5 would be a true sequel to Halo 2, but I think it would have to be a true sequel to Halo 1, which we have not gotten.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That's if they are both perfect though. If H2A is exactly how we are hoping it is, and H5 is a failure, It'll be nothing be H2A for everybody.

If the games hold a big enough population for a consistent period of time, then I can see something like MLG/UMG etc. holding tournaments for both H2A and H5. That's what they did/do with CS at least. 1.6 competes with Source in terms of population, even today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"...their strength, and their speed, are still based in a world that is built on rules. Because of that, they will never be as strong, or as fast, as *you* can be."