Sign in to follow this  
Moa

Xbox One System Update coming Feb. 11th

After a huge volume of complaints about the Xbox One and comparing its features to the Xbox 360, Microsoft have announced details on an upcoming system update coming to the console on February 11th, and a small tease of an update coming March 4th, in preparation for Titanfall's release on March 11th.

Battery-Life-Indicator.jpg

• Options to manage the storage for your Xbox One hard drive
  • Ability to control your install queue and manage download history a lot easier
  • A battery life indicator will be added to home screen
  • USB keyboards will be compatible with the Xbox One for text input
  • Various stability improvements
  • Kinect voice command improvements
  • A progress bar when the Xbox One is doing a system update

More changes will be announced at a later date. 

Be sure to see read this article for more information, and a tease at the information on March 4th System Update.

Yay.

Do you think this update will include the option to change the resolution like on the 360?

Didn't the Neogaf leaker mention a major system update?

I think this is a good sign.

Not a bad Update I must say, we'll see. There's another update coming right before Titanfall.

But to be completely honest, I'm actually looking forward on how Microsoft updates the Xbox One. In my opinion. there's potential, and it can be done very well.

Didn't the Neogaf leaker mention a major system update?

I think this is a good sign.

I'd call the major update the one coming on March 4th, but as far as I can see, they just separated the updates, giving them more time to work on the party/multiplayer improvements.

Windows 9 on Xbox One fully utilizing their Azure Cloud technology that Microsoft has developed. Bringing Xbox Games to the classification of Windows Games and accessible across all Windows devices running on Windows 9.. Thats what I want.

Windows 9 on Xbox One fully utilizing their Azure Cloud technology that Microsoft has developed. Bringing Xbox Games to the classification of Windows Games and accessible across all Windows devices running on Windows 9.. Thats what I want.

Then there would be no point of having an Xbox.

I'm more excited about the update on March 4.

On March 4, in advance of what is expected to be the biggest game launch of the year, we will be delivering another system update to prepare your Xbox One for “Titanfall.”  This update will contain  many new features and improvements, most significantly to our party and multiplayer systems  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Then there would be no point of having an Xbox.

debatable. Xbox can just transition to what Steam is doing with SteamOS and Steambox.

A few of these needed to be in from launch but at least they are finally getting here. Also I thought the very big update was gonna be right before E3 in June.