Sign in to follow this  
Alienable

Why we need a Ranking System

You know a lot of people would advocate against a ranking system after watching that video, because it looked like someone who's trying too hard for stats, and having a ranking system could create an incentive to make a new account and beat up noobs to be a vid / montage kid...

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know a lot of people would advocate against a ranking system after watching that video, because it looked like someone who's trying too hard for stats, and having a ranking system could create an incentive to make a new account and beat up noobs to be a vid / montage kid...

u can do that anyway without a ranking system. at least with a ranking system m$ gets $$

You could also make social kd and multi-kill based.

• Upvote (+1) 2

u can do that anyway without a ranking system. at least with a ranking system m$ gets $$

You could also make social kd and multi-kill based.

I'm well aware of that. But I've had my fair share of Waypoint too and that's the kind of response you can expect from other communities.

So what? You still get the "problem" regardless. I know you're just playing devil's advocate, but waypoint kids are straight up wrong on every conceivable level. 

And tbh I've actually been thinking about what not having a ranking system does to the community lately. It's turned me into a fucking asshole. I get angry at the kid going -13 costing me another loss, but then you realize that it's not his or her fault. Floatingwaffle12 probably just got the game and is only SR67, and he's being ripped on because the game decided to match him against a lobby full of people who could run circles around him.  

• Downvote (-1) 1

those 4.5s multikills and ugly medals :wacko:

We not only need a ranking system, we mostly need fair matchmaking instead of the CoD MM that Reach and H4 have