CyReN

Rumor: Halo 2 Anniversary Available for Pre-order

They should honestly provide tutorials. BxB is extremely easy, really no trick to it. BxR is also not to hard, just have to make sure the melee lands before hitting X. The Double shot is the only glitch that people would really struggle with imo.

Honestly I struggled with BXR quite a bit. Granted I was like 11, but it takes skill to master and to do quickly and on command. I wouldn't be upset if double shot was out of the game, even if the other two glitches were included. Not that I have anything against the glitch itself, but like you said it was very difficult to master that glitch and if they made a tutorial for it and dumbed it down, it could turn the starting weapon into a two shot kill essentially.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure Neighbor, Ghost, and Bravo will make sure the game is true to its roots. Those guys were there when it all started. The MP will be good. Don't worry

I hope this is sarcasm.

They all have testing/QA jobs, anything they say will not drastically change how the game works. That's where Frank O'Connor, Kevin Franklin and whoever replaced Josh Holmes comes in.

It's a sad reality, but that's the game industry for you.

It makes sense that Frankie said what he said.   They would have to rework core mechanics of their input and character animations which could break other things if they did it wrong.

Careful what you ask for, they may give us pre-patch H2

Kevin Franklin "You said non-tampered right? See we are listening!" 

Yes, they do take our words literally. we asked for a flat forging surface and...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks so much. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at what he said now that I've read it again. "Would have to be carefully considered but they wouldn't vanish" makes me very hopeful.

BRING ON THE HYPE TRAIN.

Frankie, the new  :goat: ??

Part of the reason why he says they wouldn't "vanish" is because there is no way they could get rid of all the button glitches without breaking the game and wrestling with bugs for months on end(which could then cause even more problems).

The other reason is because they know at the casual level it didn't really effect H2. Nobody was BxR'ing or RRXing in low level H2, it was mostly done in customs and high level H2 where these button combos were mostly known to the experienced players. Even then, you didn't need to double-shot to reach lvl 30-35 or to be a good H2 player. Its like if your a good fundamental Basketball player(your fast, you can shoot,dribble,ect...), and then suddenly someone shows you how to dunk, cross-over, or do a behind the back pass your just adding to your game not re-learning it.

A tutorial would honestly be the best way to do it IMO, there really is no other way besides making it a voting option(is that even possible?) like he suggested.

Part of the reason why he says they wouldn't "vanish" is because there is no way they could get rid of all the button glitches without breaking the game and wrestling with bugs for months on end(which could then cause even more problems).

The other reason is because they know at the casual level it didn't really effect H2. Nobody was BxR'ing or RRXing in low level H2, it was mostly done in customs and high level H2 where these button combos were mostly known to the experienced players. Even then, you didn't need to double-shot to reach lvl 30-35 or to be a good H2 player. Its like if your a good fundamental Basketball player(your fast, you can shoot,dribble,ect...), and then suddenly someone shows you how to dunk or do a behind the back pass your just adding to your game not re-learnin it.

A tutorial would honestly be the best way to do it IMO, there really is no other way besides making it a voting option(is that even possible?) like he suggested.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind tutorial either, I guess by voting he means they'd put up a vote poll on Waypoint or something I guess to see what everyone thinks.

Best to play around 4-8pm eastern. some hosts who run 4s: sk0ls, Rexmundi412, AdlMagicshot,  La confidential, WildCherry, OuterHaven, kadeiswhite, Xfactor, Lingen, xxxhokexxx, diHSPIW(midship), Choke(or TheStrafe) , xValo. [There's more but you gotta read server info to see what they are playing]

Most ppl who are in a good 4s lobby usually stream it.

also to prevent from being booted its best u have sanc and warlock

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000930DA0/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1391484167&sr=8-1&keywords=halo+2+map+disc&condition=used

H2V? ffa snipers on lockout and creek is all you'll play. only kiko runs some ok 4s but shes in Germany.

on my 360, I have post-patch and the maps on my HDD, but I can't access them when I host and when I host its pre-patch. Yet when others host, the maps load up. You know how to fix?

on my 360, I have post-patch and the maps on my HDD, but I can't access them when I host and when I host its pre-patch. Yet when others host, the maps load up. You know how to fix?

There are some ppl that have that same problem...best i can tell you is re-installing the maps & update from the map disc.

some people used a transfer cable back in the day to put the maps on a different 360...which i think makes it to where u cant pick the maps unless someone else does it for you.

This happened to me too.  After I transferred my data from my old 360 to my new one, the DLC maps and Lockout (weirdly) wouldn't load.  Deleting and reinstalling the maps didn't work and I ultimately had to delete the entire Halo 2 save data then reinstall the maps.  After which everything loaded up fine.

This happened to me too.  After I transferred my data from my old 360 to my new one, the DLC maps and Lockout (weirdly) wouldn't load.  Deleting and reinstalling the maps didn't work and I ultimately had to delete the entire Halo 2 save data then reinstall the maps.  After which everything loaded up fine.

where did you download the maps. If they're in my history can I re-dl them off xbl? I don't have that h2 disc..

where did you download the maps. If they're in my history can I re-dl them off xbl? I don't have that h2 disc..

I used the H2 disc.  I have no idea if you can get them from xbl.  Sorry. :(

The other reason is because they know at the casual level it didn't really effect H2. Nobody was BxR'ing or RRXing in low level H2, it was mostly done in customs and high level H2 where these button combos were mostly known to the experienced players. Even then, you didn't need to double-shot to reach lvl 30-35 or to be a good H2 player. Its like if your a good fundamental Basketball player(your fast, you can shoot,dribble,ect...), and then suddenly someone shows you how to dunk, cross-over, or do a behind the back pass your just adding to your game not re-learning it.

Totally agree. The harder glitches like BxR and double shot were nowhere to be found in social/casual play in Halo 2. And I also agree that you can be a good H2 player without fully mastering said glitches. Granted, I was in middle school at the time, but I never mastered BXR or Double Shot and I was almost a 40. It can easily be done without it, but like you said, if you can do it, it definitely takes your game to a different level

Totally agree. The harder glitches like BxR and double shot were nowhere to be found in social/casual play in Halo 2. And I also agree that you can be a good H2 player without fully mastering said glitches. Granted, I was in middle school at the time, but I never mastered BXR or Double Shot and I was almost a 40. It can easily be done without it, but like you said, if you can do it, it definitely takes your game to a different level

Double shotting was akin to swinging for the fence instead of just trying to get a solid hit every ab. There was virtually no need to be able to double shot to be at the very top of the halo universe. It MIGHT happen once or twice in a top 8 game at the end of h2. It was just too hard to pull off and if you didn't finish the other player and couldn't again pull off an amazing excessive shot, you were screwed without a secondary.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yep most of the casual gametypes were larger maps. so the close range and double shot weren't too much of a factor until you got into the situation. plus there were a lot of smg start maps.

The question is...

Button Glitches and Super Bounce as a toggle-able option? So anyone can customize it as they want in customs and vote which ones should stay in specific playlists?

For example, no super-bounce for infection? *gets beaten down*