Sign in to follow this  
Hitman

Accurate hip fire and ADS in Destiny?

Does anyone have any kind of faith left at this point? I am genuinely curious of any of the hardcore fans have faith in bungie to make a competitive fps seeing is how it was arguably the MP AND the SP that made halo a success. It seem strange they would willingly make a sub par competitive experience when their bread and butter before was halo mp..

My two cents:

Bungie never promised or pretended they were making another competitive FPS in the same vein as Halo. Out of the gate they made it pretty clear that Destiny was going to be in a different sub-genre. Which by all signs turned out to be action RPG shooter. I'd call it a shoot 'n loot exploration [and investment] game, if we really want expand upon that thought.

As for the competitive multiplayer aspects: It seems like it's going to be a very robust experience with all kind of layers to it. Which will eventually foster it's own core fanbase. It's doubtful it will follow Halo's formula or structure and I'm ok with that. Just because the game wasn't built with "Competitive" gaming as THE MAIN driving force of the experience doesn't mean its PvP will be lacking.

It's all about mindset. No one should walk into a new IP and a new franchise hung up on preconceived notions. It'll just ruin the experience. Enjoy it for what it is (a new game, new universe, and new story) and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

If it was like the Dark Souls of sci-fi FPS then that would be awesome. Game will be more like an MMO than a competitive multiplayer game imo

If it was like the Dark Souls of sci-fi FPS then that would be awesome. Game will be more like an MMO than a competitive multiplayer game imo

Have you seen this interview with Bungie's Lead Investment Designer?

• Upvote (+1) 3

If it was like the Dark Souls of sci-fi FPS then that would be awesome. Game will be more like an MMO than a competitive multiplayer game imo

It would be awesome if Bungie manages to take some cues from Dark Souls with player interaction, secret loot/quests, maybe even boss weapons <3.

OT: So it appears from the videos I have seen that there are on screen reticles for some of the pistols, machine-guns, and rifles, but there is bloom on some of the weapons that expands and contracts when hip-firing making your shots more inaccurate.

My two cents:

Bungie never promised or pretended they were making another competitive FPS in the same vein as Halo. Out of the gate they made it pretty clear that Destiny was going to be in a different sub-genre. Which by all signs turned out to be action RPG shooter. I'd call it a shoot 'n loot exploration [and investment] game, if we really want expand upon that thought.

As for the competitive multiplayer aspects: It seems like it's going to be a very robust experience with all kind of layers to it. Which will eventually foster it's own core fanbase. It's doubtful it will follow Halo's formula or structure and I'm ok with that. Just because the game wasn't built with "Competitive" gaming as THE MAIN driving force of the experience doesn't mean its PvP will be lacking.

It's all about mindset. No one should walk into a new IP and a new franchise hung up on preconceived notions. It'll just ruin the experience. Enjoy it for what it is (a new game, new universe, and new story) and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I agree with this. I was planning to go in with an open mind and take destiny for what it is rather than how can it stack up to Halo competitive. I was just curious what others thought since there isnt really a Halo esque competitive function going on right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1