Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Favorite & Least Favorite Halo 4 Playlist and why?

Twitter is limited to 140 characters so I figured I would make a thread so it would be easier to respond. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Favorite ...

Love CTF, will always be my favorite. I really enjoyed BTB CTF until that playlist went into BTB, now I rarely can get a CTF game in the BTB list. I especially enjoyed the CTF on Longbow when BTB CTF was introduced. The randomness was minimized and the reforging of the map made it work well. I love CTF (I miss Assault) because they are base oriented objective games. All the other objective games except rico are scattered all over the place and I don't care much for that aspect of those games.

Least Favorite...

Team throwdown.. not my style of play nor do i care for arena maps. And i especially do not enjoy playing on most of the community maps because they are full of visual noise. I know people say that looks don't count much to them, but that isn't an opinion I share.

But in retrospect I would choose TTD over flood because it doesn't have that obnoxious squealing sound.

= = = = = = =

Wow... the maturity level here is astounding. I answer the question honestly and get negd. :trash:

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Favorite: Throwdown.

Reason: Really? Competitive playlist, it was actually fun running 4s with a team and matching good 4s teams.

Least Favorite: Regicide

Reason: Sort of ruined the FFA experience.

Hate to say it, but, Big Team Swat is super fun xD

• Upvote (+1) 1

Favorite:

Team Doubles/Team Throwdown (although I didn't agree with certain gametypes/maps it was the closest thing we got to competitive 4v4)

Least Favorite:

Infinity Slayer

I suggest everyone reply to the tweet to make sure our voices are heard. She tweeted that she's in twitter jail so she cant reply to everyone's tweets but she will read everyone.all of them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Favorites include the current iterations of Team Slayer, Team Doubles, Team DLC, Rumble Pit, and any iteration of Team Throwdown. I'm a big fan of fast paced, fair gameplay on small to medium sized maps.

Least favorite playlist hands down was Infitity Slayer(pre Turbo maps). The inability to have the option to vote for anything besides Infinity Slayer in Halo 4's premiere Slayer playlist was a horrible mistake. Forcing a random gametype with random weapon drops in random places/random personal ordnance that take no skill to get(dying should reset the ordnance meter) just never made sense to me. Thankfully Turbo came along and they fixed the random weapon drops on the maps.

If you couldn't already tell, I don't find random gameplay elements to be enjoyable. Whether I'm playing competitively or casually, getting killed by an Incineration Cannon that dropped randomly in the opposing teams' lap is the most absurd garbage imaginable. The spirit of fair competition where the best man wins clearly wasn't a concern of 343's when they made Halo 4.

Luckily, the 343 now is much improved over the one that made Halo 4 and I trust that they have learned from past mistakes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

my least favorite playlist was always big team battle halo 4 really focused on big team and it hurt halo 4 with almost every dlc that came out was for big team. My favorite playlist was swat i was a big fan of swat since halo reach and the skill carried over to halo 4 but even after doing good in swat the playlist became dull and  i stopped playing hopefully halo 5 will be much better 

Favorite: Rumble Pit and Team Throwdown

I like the competitive 4v4 settings and I enjoy playing FFAs alot

Least Favorite: Regicide or Infinity Slayer

Regicide honestly turned me off as an FFA Player. You get punished for pulling ahead of other players by having a waypoint on your head. It doesn't lead to strategy it's just stupid. You outshoot everyone in the game and everyone knows where you are at all times and just spam you with grenades. And the random Ordinance drops in Infinity Slayer is just stupid. I know everyone knows the problems with random Ordinances so I wont go on a rant.

Improvements to Team Slayer: make Legendary Slayer appear more (or at least on the left of the voting options); make Haven appear less. It's a decent map, but it's voted for way too often. You have lots of Forge maps and DLC to draw from. If you want suggestions for unknown but polished Forge maps, just ask.

Favourite: Team Slayer, Team Doubles, Team DLC

Team Slayer with the settings 'Team Slayer' and 'Legendary Slayer' Is honestly fun when you play with friends. At the same time it commits competitive plays while you enjoy it. I can't say much about Infinity Slayer tho... the playlist in overall improved a lot, and to be completely honest Top 200 Team Slayer would be outstanding if it wasn't for Infinity Slayer gametype and the exploits inside CSR.

Team Doubles is the same, without Infinity Settings, Doubles could have been the best playlist in Halo 4. It's damn fun and at the same time it promotes playing competitively while having fun with your friends. If anyone is going back to play Halo 4, Team Doubles is a must unless you don't have anyone to play with.

Team DLC is something that should be permanent, is fun, period. Even with the damn infinity settings, you can pretty much enjoy the maps in the playlist. It seems that Majestic and Castle did a great job to promote a greater experience in the playlist.

Least Favorite: Infinity Slayer, Team Snipers

Infinity Slayer; Unfortunately never had fun with people using Camo, Promethean Vision, etc, it promoted the first and the biggest issue Halo has imo, randomness. Something that shouldn't been done in Halo... Promoting Personal Ordnances, Random Ordnances and Personal Loadouts. Something that promoted unfair moments and unfriggin believable crap like calling an Overshield drop right in front of your enemy.

Team Snipers; If it didn't have Flinch, and had Descope, Team Snipers would have been great. That's all I had to say about it.

Extra: Why Team Throwdown is not called Team Hardcore? Could be better for the next game to have a playlist called Team Hardcore, more population and more excitement. In Spanish it means 'Fall Down' or 'Throw', who the crap is gonna recognize the playlist as competitive/hardcore when it means that? Anyone can recognize the word Hardcore. Is just my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Favorite:
Throwdown
Team Doubles (minus infinity gametypes)
CTF

Team Objective/Team Skirmish

Love the idea of a CTF only playlist, but it would be nice to have a playlist where I can play some oddball and king of the hill.

Least Favorite:
Any gametype you can spawn with a boltshot or jetpack.

Favorite: Throwdown, Team Doubles, and Team objective

Least favorite: Swat, Snipers, BTB, Infinity slayer, Regicide

Favorite:

Team Throwdown: in my opinion, the best settings in the game with no random elements and the best maps the game has to offer.

Team Doubles: Always loved doubles. Great playlist to play with a friend, works well if on good maps. Didn't play much of it in Halo 4, so this may not be a great answer.

Action Sack/Goofy Playlists: Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Depends what they are, but for the most part I just like the stupid fun gametypes that you can do whatever in without anybody caring too much.

Least Favorite:

Infinity Slayer: Meh, don't like random stuff and I didn't like the map pool

Halo Xbox One:

League Play (343's Worst Kept Secret)

• Team Hardcore (or MLG) - 4v4 Slayer + Objective, only the best gametypes
  • Team Doubles - 2v2
  • Lone Wolves - 6 Man FFA SLAYER

Social (Standard, Halo 4 style Hoppers):

• Big Team Battle (8v8 Slayer + Objective)
  • Team Skirmish (4v4 Slayer + Objective)
  • Infected (10-12 Man Community Gametypes)
  • Action Sack (4v4 Community Gametypes)
  • Team Snipers (4v4)
  • Rumble Pit (8 Man Slayer + Objective)
  • SWAT (4v4)
  • Grifball (4v4)
  • DLC (Undecided)

This is what I want from halo 5's matchmaking. If they do something similar it would be incredible. 

This is what I want from halo 5's matchmaking. If they do something similar it would be incredible. 

Competitive people honestly only need 3 playlists, and the rest will simplify clutter to give a lot of variety for everyday players.

Competitive people honestly only need 3 playlists, and the rest will simplify clutter to give a lot of variety for everyday players.

Playlist redundancy is not the best, but it might be prudent to have ranked Snipers and BTB.

Edit: If the population stays relatively high, and I think it might. Otherwise, I agree that the three are enough.

Favourite: Team DLC

Been hoping for this since Majestic came out, the best maps in the game are DLC and I never get to play them. I've been having a blast

Least Favourite: Flood

I hate how they've mutilated what used to be my casual-self's favourite playlist into this, whatever the hell it is meant to be rn. What the hell is with the forge map gametypes? They're awful

Favorite: Castle DLC was the first playlist I really enjoyed. I liked CTF on Daybreak, Slayer on Perdition, and Team Regicide on Outcast. Right now, the only playlist I like is Doubles. Graphite and Rail are fun to play on against decent competition, but Haven is too segmented and plays terribly slow. 

Least Favorite: Everything else

• Upvote (+1) 1

Favourite: Team Doubles

- It's competitive, more or less strategic and you have the ability to traverse and explore the maps while you play compared to Infinity Slayer where it becomes less adventurous and all about constant combat. 

Least Favourite: infinity slayer

- It lacks a lot of fundamentals including map control and is overkill in many scenarios. 

Favorite-team throwdown

easily the most enjoyable playlist overall

least favorite-flood

how 343 made something great (alpha zombies) into something as awful as flood is beyond me.

I used to like doubles but I think its actually got progressively worse and the maps/weapon layout/timers are not suited to doubles at all. Add in Hill and CTF, both gametypes that dont work with doubles over Extraction, and its abit meh. Team Slayer was alright last time I played it.

Favorite: Rumble Pit (It's the only Halo game on the 360 with a good FFA playlist) (Even Halo 3 has more Armor abilities than H4 in FFA).

Least: Can't say, the rest of the playlist are all equally as Trashy.