Jinxer

Best Montage Awards

Hey guys! I'm going to be doing a Montage Awards Contest. The layout is pretty simple. In this thread, every person is going to nominate 1 montage per category (listed below) after a few days, I'm going to get the 5 most popular montages per category and make a poll for the community to vote. The montages can be from any game and there is no requirement for a montage (100% MLG, etc.).

To submit, post the category and a link to the video. If the video link is already posted DO NOT repost it. Just realized that embedding is automatic -__-.

Here are the Categories:

Best Gameplay

• Pretty self explanatory. Most impressive gameplay in a montage.

Best Editing

• Once again, self explanatory. Includes transitions, effects, etc.

Best Cinematography

• Similar to Best Editing, but with cut scenes (real life and in game)

Best Music

• Vote for the montage with the best music.

Most Entertaining

• A montage that may not have the best gameplay or editing, but is one that you will never get bored of.

Best Overall

• Vote for the Best Montage of All Time

Edit: If there are any categories you guys feel should be added, let me know and I'll add em!

Some time this weekend, I'll have the thread with the nominations up for voting!

Get to watching!

My nominations:

Best Gameplay

• "The Str8 Rippin Montage"

Best Editing

• "Snipedown: The Movie

Best Cinematography

• "Frenetic Array"

Best Music

Most Entertaining

Best Overall

Forgot it auto embeds -___-

Since a lot of people are going to post the Str8 Rippin Montage and probably Walshy's montage I'm just going to nominate for Most Entertaining: Salaya The Experience.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For best gameplay, I have to nominate 

GuN Sh0t's 2nd or 

I just feel like H3 montages are too much sniping even though they obviously have the best editing. Overall would have to give the edge to the Str8 Rippin montage, I wish Final Boss had a team tage that shit would have over 1 million views as well <3

For most of them I would be the usual Str8 Rippin or Snipedown montages.

For Best Music though, I would have Best Man's montage

• Upvote (+1) 2

I always feel like this one get's forgot about and its by far the best Halo 3 montage IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I always feel like this one get's forgot about and its by far the best Halo 3 montage IMO.

Agreed I remember when it came out, it was crazy, best montage for me would be Kampy's Reach montage 2

I agree it's good, but definitely not forgotten, it's always mentioned as being one of the best

I remember when Fragtale's 1st came out. Man did I nerd out over that one. I just doesn't even compare to the 2010 H3 montages though. Its amazing to think that all these good memories lasted over a span of just 3 years. Boy do I miss those days

Best Gameplay

Best Editing

Best Cinematography

Best Music

(youtube blocked audio)

Most Entertaining (hardest category to pick one winner imo)

so many to choose from (Maptacular, CT's 4th, MLG's Golden Era, Lag Warrior. Illinois LANtage 4, Chill out Noobs 2, the list could go on)

Best Overall

I was also thinking you could maybe add a category for most creative/original

Most Creative/Original

BONDtage a very very close second

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cant forget about one of Phurion's last H2 montages, guy is a H2 GOD.

Also this montage by Manchester united is pure madness. Never seen someone rape so hard in FFA before. 1v2,1v3,1v4,1v5,1v6, it doesn't matter his APM is incredibly high in these clips.

I feel like too many montages can fit into those categories.  There's at least 40 Halo montages that deserve GOAT recognition IMO.  If you're gonna do it like that, at least split it up by game or year.