Sign in to follow this  
bangsnipe

Walshy best halo 2 player

This dude brings so much skill to the game its redonkulous. Most people inherit his objective talents (like myself) and not to say his slaying skill isn't par to these dudes injecting cretine in their butts.. anyways who agrees?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ehhhh, still gotta be Ogre 2.

The Ogres and Pistola are the best slayers in Halo history (with Ogre 2 slightly outdoing Ogre 1 in the FFA/1v1s) and I don't really buy into the whole "objective player" thing.

Of course, this is like rating Ogre 2's H2 game at a 99/100 and Walshy a 97, so it's splitting hairs. There's no denying Walshy's intelligence, he can knowledge drop you at the tip of his Red Bull hat, but once you get to a certain level all the players are pretty much that smart.

Karma would've had a case had Carbon won more 4s.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I wouldn't say he brings anything to the game... Halo 2 was a while ago. 

He'll definitely be remembered as one of the best at the game in terms of how much he can contribute to a team, but I think Karma is a better individual.

I wouldn't say he brings anything to the game... Halo 2 was a while ago. 

He'll definitely be remembered as one of the best at the game in terms of how much he can contribute to a team, but I think Karma is a better individual.

Don't you dare talk about H2 in the past tense.

*Sobs in a corner*

• Upvote (+1) 1

Definitely think Walshy was the best strategist/team captain in Halo history(its no coincidence he was plat in SC2!) and was the X factor to FB's dominance. The Ogre twins are unstoppable killing machines but   :walshy:  was the best at what he did in the game. Kind of ironic because Ogre 2 got shit on for semi-changing his role on Instinct to the OBJ-minded player initiating alot of the pushes when he used to be the main slayer in H1+H2 always with the sniper controlling the map. His play-style reminded me of Walshy's during that time and I think he might of in part learned to play that way from Walshy himself. Its why Neighbor on FB at the beginning of H3 did not work out(4 slayer types) you need a Walshy or LBX on every team.

No man i'm the best H2 player.  (Kappa)

I'm garbage compared to Ogre 2.

I think I'd still give it to Ogre 1. 2gre started surpassing Ogre 1 in the later years in Halo 2 and mainly Halo 3 imo.

I agree with Lemon's post 100%.

Ogre 2 has still got to be the best. I also don't really look to much into the whole "objective" player thing, because a lot of the time a player is considered the "objective player" because he teams with Gods of slaying like Ogre 1, 2 & Strongside (in 07). Of course walshy's OBJ play is going to shine, he's always the one doing it so his teammates can do what they do best and kill everything, opening paths for walshy's OBJ play.

Out of a 100 rating my top 5 for H2 (consider everything ffa&4's) would look something like:

1. Ogre 2 = 99/100 (The Goat, No ones better, EVER)

2. Walshy = 97/100 (Yes, Walshy slightly higher then og1. I just always felt he helped FB win more & more often)

3. Orge 1 = 96.5/100 (Needs no explanation)

4. Karma = 96/100 (Like Lemon said; If Carbon would have won a few more events, Karma would be more in the talk as best H2 player)

5. Strongside = 95/100 (Only reason i put him ahead of pistola, Strongside won multiple h2 events & a national 4's title)

Honorable mention: Pistola. If he had won multiple 4's event's like everyone above him, he'd be rated higher

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I'm glad you little noobs could make a reunions, and yea i'm sobbing because he did use it in a past tense. I believe in my best opinion, without a OBJECTIVE PLAYER, you won't get shit done.

I agree with Lemon's post 100%.

Ogre 2 has still got to be the best. I also don't really look to much into the whole "objective" player thing, because a lot of the time a player is considered the "objective player" because he teams with Gods of slaying like Ogre 1, 2 & Strongside (in 07). Of course walshy's OBJ play is going to shine, he's always the one doing it so his teammates can do what they do best and kill everything, opening paths for walshy's OBJ play.

Out of a 100 rating my top 5 for H2 (consider everything ffa&4's) would look something like:

1. Ogre 2 = 99/100 (The Goat, No ones better, EVER)

2. Walshy = 97/100 (Yes, Walshy slightly higher then og1. I just always felt he helped FB win more & more often)

3. Orge 1 = 96.5/100 (Needs no explanation)

4. Karma = 96/100 (Like Lemon said; If Carbon would have won a few more events, Karma would be more in the talk as best H2 player)

5. Strongside = 95/100 (Only reason i put him ahead of pistola, Strongside won multiple h2 events & a national 4's title)

Honorable mention: Pistola. If he had won multiple 4's event's like everyone above him, he'd be rated higher

Does someone who is constantly flanking/pushing the objective/initiating pushes not also create easier kills for the main slayers and disrupt the enemy's set-up? Why did Neighbor on FB not work out if all you need is the best slayers in the game to dominate? Its not like Walshy was not capable of leading the team in kills or clutching out wins it just wasn't what FB needed him to do to win(being the main slayer that is). I mostly agree with you're assessment and Ogre 2 was consistently the best slayer in H2 but undervaluing the role players like Walshy or LBX do is something I see far too often and Ogre 2 was criticized for playing a similar role on Instinct.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does someone who is constantly flanking/pushing the objective/initiating pushes not also create easier kills for the main slayers and disrupt the enemy's set-up? Why did Neighbor on FB not work out if all you need is the best slayers in the game to dominate? Its not like Walshy was not capable of leading the team in kills or clutching out wins it just wasn't what FB needed him to do to win(being the main slayer that is). I mostly agree with you're assessment and Ogre 2 was consistently the best slayer in H2 but undervaluing the role players like Walshy or LBX do is something I see far too often and Ogre 2 was criticized for playing a similar role on Instinct.

This was very well put, indistinctively, LBX could have been a better slayer if he had 1v1s with walshy instead of roy and getting butt*tuckts*. Beside the point, but Walshy was severely underated at what he did, like most in his favor nobody cared for what he did. Only because his slaying ability wasn't superb or good. They don't take a Neighbor and mash him with 3 walshys and say their impossible to beat. What I'm saying is, you need to have a upshift in objective in order to have a absolute shutdown. Tense up and squinch your buttcheecks. Walshy does portray a slow flag runner, but I bet if he was pumped up like he was in halo 2, none of you would want to play him in 1v1. Not even me bro

This was very well put, indistinctively, LBX could have been a better slayer if he had 1v1s with walshy instead of roy and getting butt*tuckts*. Beside the point, but Walshy was severely underated at what he did, like most in his favor nobody cared for what he did. Only because his slaying ability wasn't superb or good. They don't take a Neighbor and mash him with 3 walshys and say their impossible to beat. What I'm saying is, you need to have a upshift in objective in order to have a absolute shutdown. Tense up and squinch your buttcheecks. Walshy does portray a slow flag runner, but I bet if he was pumped up like he was in halo 2, none of you would want to play him in 1v1. Not even me bro

According to this logic, Saiyan and Strongside are the best H2 players of all time. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ehhhh, still gotta be Ogre 2.

The Ogres and Pistola are the best slayers in Halo history (with Ogre 2 slightly outdoing Ogre 1 in the FFA/1v1s) and I don't really buy into the whole "objective player" thing.

Of course, this is like rating Ogre 2's H2 game at a 99/100 and Walshy a 97, so it's splitting hairs. There's no denying Walshy's intelligence, he can knowledge drop you at the tip of his Red Bull hat, but once you get to a certain level all the players are pretty much that smart.

Karma would've had a case had Carbon won more 4s.

I am pretty sure Ogre 2 said Ogre 1 was the best at CE in the 2010 Nationals Interview.

The OBJ/support role does exist. It may be not necessarily a role, but a playing style that fits into a teams play style/strats. They're also known as the "glue" of the team.

They still exist whatever you would like to call them. Just semantics really.

Nobody was solely designated, but there were some rather likely scenarios based on the playstyles.  For example, I feel it was less likely to see Karma making the flag pull on midship. That's when I first noticed a more "supportive" style rather than an aggressive main slayer style. It obviously worked well and they had great team chemistry, but it caused me to change the way I played to be honest.

Nobody was solely designated, but there were some rather likely scenarios based on the playstyles.  For example, I feel it was less likely to see Karma making the flag pull on midship. That's when I first noticed a more "supportive" style rather than an aggressive main slayer style. It obviously worked well and they had great team chemistry, but it caused me to change the way I played to be honest.

That wasn't because somebody told Karma "try not to pull the flag so we can get our ace flag master GH057 in there". 

Nobody is better at flag-running/ball-holding/bomb-arming than anybody else, and "support slayers" do not exist. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That wasn't because somebody told Karma "try not to pull the flag so we can get our ace flag master GH057 in there". 

Nobody is better at flag-running/ball-holding/bomb-arming than anybody else, and "support slayers" do not exist. 

No of course not. Their chemistry obviously helped them set up for that situation. I disagree though and think players can have a type of mentality where they prioritize various things differently. They all have to fill various roles at different points in the game making specific roles useless. I just think there's a noticeable difference from the guy who rushed P2/P3 everytime getting most of the kills, and the guy who sat window with 7 sensitivity shooting anything and everything he could see.

I don't know if I would call them roles specifically. I don't think everyone had the same cookie cutter style though.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It isnt nearly a game of decisiveness should I pull flag. Its I run flag x10 faster than anyone and know exactly where to avoid. A true stat whore never runs flag because their pussies been wrecked by a Real Objective player.