da bears1326

Halo 5 needs to be good

Halo Needs to go back to what makes it Halo back to its roots. Its tried being innovated and failed in Reach and in Halo 4. If they don't get it right on H5 the community is pretty much toast. It doesn't get much more simple than that really.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Expand the playing field beyond 8v8 games, OP? Did you know how poorly the effects of explosions and other things would cause on framerate? Even if they went up to 12v12, there would be many more instances that the system just can't handle. I don't see even the Xbox One being able to fully alleviate framerate issues, and those really messed up gameplay.

Well I can see most people dont agree with me, and thats fine. My main point was really that Halo 5 needs to be good to revive Halo and keep it alive. I just threw out some ideas that were clearly hated. Im a fan of big battles but I do understand that big open DMR fights suck. Also like I said I would NEVER want to make Halo like COD/BF4 or get rid of 4V4 and 2V2 classic Halo gameplay. I just thought increased player counts could be fun if maybe the maps weren't wide open like Blood Gulch or anything. But i can see how my ideas were slightly foolish.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You guys need to check out the indie game documentary. With indie games, a couple guys are making a game they genuinely love. With LoL, the game is made to be good for competive play. With Halo NOW, the goal is not to make a game that people really enjoy and it's not to make a competitive game. This community is hoping for something that isn't going to happen and quite simply NOT the goal at 343i. Huge game studios have an enormous amount of money riding on the success of their INITIAL SALES, not long term playability. Everyone knows the cold AC fast food restaurant business tactic and it's the same with Halo. They want you in and to move the fuck on and be jonisin for the next Halo game. They don't want to make good games, they want to make games with FEATURES that will help market the game. There's only two types of people in the debate on halo 5 and what it will be and in a larger sense, the community as a whole. Those are the people that are simply fooling themselves when we haven't a good halo game really since 2 (and apparently the new cool thing on these forums is to say that game was shit too) with 3 still being a pretty good game and the second type of person like Lemon, the people who enjoy watching the train wreck.

• Upvote (+1) 2

12v12 or 16v16 would be good if it had ONE giant segmented map dedicated to it (perhaps an extra via DLC), which could be Forged into smaller individual spaces for other modes. 343 could throw in all their inane mechanics that don't make sense in normal Halo in there, and games would be scaled to much bigger proportions in general, whether it's time or score limits. JIP would also be enabled for that alone. It could be the return of Invasion or something similar to it.

From there just leave the pointless bullshit that no one ever wanted in that mode, and give us normal Halo in everything else.

• Upvote (+1) 3

12v12 or 16v16 would be good if it had ONE giant segmented map dedicated to it (perhaps an extra via DLC), which could be Forged into smaller individual spaces for other modes. 343 could throw in all their inane mechanics that don't make sense in normal Halo in there, and games would be scaled to much bigger proportions in general, whether it's time or score limits. JIP would also be enabled for that alone. It could be the return of Invasion or something similar to it.

From there just leave the pointless bullshit that no one ever wanted in that mode, and give us normal Halo in everything else.

While this will never happen and its pretty unrealistic, its also kinda a good idea

good idea

this will never happen

Welcome to Halo forums, where everyone has amazing ideas but the devs would rather pretend it's all under control.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You're a genius great idea!

Most of you "OLD SCHOOL HALO OMG" started playing reach, please stop posting like you have some authority on what that actually means. If Bungie adds 12v12 or 16v16 and it attracts a large player base, then that is GOOD for halo. For you clowns you think you remember Halo 2, Halo 2 was popular for more than just it's 4v4 MLG xXxNoScopexXx players. Halo 2 was fragmented into Competitive, Super Bouncers, Montage/Machima, General Matchmaking. When a game is able to have multiple factions within the game it makes the game overall more popular. So I am all for attracting the BF4 crowd, and no the game does not need to be re mechanically balanced. (Whoever said that, please stop) For competitive Halo to work casuals need to have fun playing Halo, give them what they want and see the game last much longer.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Most of you "OLD SCHOOL HALO OMG" started playing reach, please stop posting like you have some authority on what that actually means. If Bungie adds 12v12 or 16v16 and it attracts a large player base, then that is GOOD for halo. For you clowns you think you remember Halo 2, Halo 2 was popular for more than just it's 4v4 MLG xXxNoScopexXx players. Halo 2 was fragmented into Competitive, Super Bouncers, Montage/Machima, General Matchmaking. When a game is able to have multiple factions within the game it makes the game overall more popular. So I am all for attracting the BF4 crowd, and no the game does not need to be re mechanically balanced. (Whoever said that, please stop) For competitive Halo to work casuals need to have fun playing Halo, give them what they want and see the game last much longer.

So you're actually saying to 343i make a casual Halo game with Armor Ability's and Sprint and no Competitive Halo included at all and see how long it will life? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

High player counts serve two purposes.

1) Make dumb people impressed (OMGWTFBBQ! 64 players at once!)

Cool. So because you aren't particularly interested in higher player counts, therefore its purpose must be to impress "dumb" people? Or could it perhaps be that people enjoy the type of gameplay which higher player counts give rise to? Answer this one honestly.

2) Water down the contribution of each player so bad kids can still be on a winning team (see Halo 4 BTB for example)

This is the case with any increase in the amount of players. Compared to 1v1s, Double Team has watered down player input. Compared to Double Team, 4v4 has watered down player input. Compared to 4v4, 5v5 has watered down player input. Compared to 5v5, Big Team's player input is watered down.

If the ultimate goal for a playlist was to have maximum player input for each player, then Halo would be nothing but 1v1s. But, of course, this is simply not the case, and it's because different team sizes bring different strengths and weaknesses, and I think people would do well to acknowledge this. We don't get the same experience out of Big Team that we do out of 4v4. Each has their own appeal.

A larger playlist should not be limited by the same things which a smaller playlist excels at, and similarly, a smaller playlist should not be judged by the same criteria as Big Team. We wouldn't be saying "oh no, 4v4 doesn't have loads of carnage and mayhem, so we need more vehicles and power weapons". Why? Because we aren't looking for maximum carnage/mayhem when we join 4v4. We would be out of our minds to do so.

I'm sorry people, but a mistake is made when the possibility of larger playlists is shunned simply because it wouldn't have the same strengths as a smaller playlist. 

I don't understand the desire to play a game where what you did barely matters. I want to be the hero when I play games, either I'm single player or by being an important member of my matchmaking team.

Right, well then you simply wouldn't have to play a larger playlist if it were available. If as a player you're looking to feel like a hero and have as much control as possible over the outcome of the game, then you would be making a mistake in the first place to be joining larger team playlists, as they clearly wouldn't cater to what it is you're looking to get out of matchmaking. This doesn't mean that it simply shouldn't be in the game.

Also, I don't think anyone is asking for larger playlists at the expense of the smaller ones.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Innovation =/= copying stuff from Battlefield.

Halo excels at 4v4 combat (FITE ME IRL CE KIDS)

Take a look at my biceps and say that again bitch.

At OP: Wow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll be having fun in Titanfall etc etc while you guys keep whishing H5 is good... I'll see you on the other side.

So you're actually saying to 343i make a casual Halo game with Armor Ability's and Sprint and no Competitive Halo included at all and see how long it will life? 

What 343 needs to do is make a casual game with all the dumb stuff you can imagine (Sprint, Armor Abilities, 16v16 etc) as long as those options are toggleable. Competitive Halo has never been about the default settings regardless. In Halo 2 it was called Team Hardcore, and in Halo 3 the actual MLG playlist. Let the general population play what they want (prolonged play), and give the competitive community the tools to tweak the game to their desire.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What 343 needs to do is make a casual game with all the dumb stuff you can imagine (Sprint, Armor Abilities, 16v16 etc) as long as those options are toggleable. Competitive Halo has never been about the default settings regardless. In Halo 2 it was called Team Hardcore, and in Halo 3 the actual MLG playlist. Let the general population play what they want (prolonged play), and give the competitive community the tools to tweak the game to their desire.

But i don't ending up only playing 1 playlist :/

I wanna be able to play TD Lv50 without Sprint or Armor Ability's

Or just some regular TS. :"(

And not being forced to play only MLG (competitive settings)

• Upvote (+1) 2

If all that dumb stuff is default in Social/Ranked playlists then I don't want to play Halo anymore. I like to play competitive settings, don't get me wrong on that... but Halo is not always about playing the competitive playlist. I'm pretty sure more than one person in here gets tired a bit after grinding in the hardcore playlist and wants to chill with friends in other playlists or in old cases social playlists. If all that dumb shit is default such as Infinity Slayer, then Halo is ruined once again.

You can toggle all the things you want, but if you put me between the sword and the wall with all that crap by default, it won't be fun for me or for lots of people in the entire community. 

Imagine a whole team with PV, Camo, Jetpack, Regen all of them with Sprint and with Random/Personal Ordnances. It doesn't sound as fun as you think, cuz it's happening right now in Halo 4. They can keep all that stuff if they know how to properly put it in Matchmaking and design the game with a classic mind. That's just my opinion tho.

• Upvote (+1) 7

But i don't ending up only playing 1 playlist :/

I wanna be able to play TD Lv50 without Sprint or Armor Ability's

Or just some regular TS. :"(

And not being forced to play only MLG (competitive settings)

You can't have it both ways. Classic Halo has in most parts lost it's appeal. The most played games (shooters) these days are CoD/BF4. Team Doubles has been AIDS since Halo 3. Gravity hammer, equipment (drain ball, heal thing, grav lift) so it is not like it would ever revert back to Halo 2 team doubles (which was the closest to "Classic Halo")

If all that dumb stuff is default in Social/Ranked playlists then I don't want to play Halo anymore. I like to play competitive settings, don't get me wrong on that... but Halo is not always about playing the competitive playlist. I'm pretty sure more than one person in here gets tired a bit after grinding in the hardcore playlist and wants to chill with friends in other playlists or in old cases social playlists. If all that dumb shit is default such as Infinity Slayer, then Halo is ruined once again.

You can toggle all the things you want, but if you put me between the sword and the wall with all that crap by default, it won't be fun for me or for lots of people in the entire community. 

Imagine a whole team with PV, Camo, Jetpack, Regen all of them with Sprint and with Random/Personal Ordnances. It doesn't sound as fun as you think, cuz it's happening right now in Halo 4. They can keep all that stuff if they know how to properly put it in Matchmaking and design the game with a classic mind. That's just my opinion tho.

Then don't play? Social playlist are not to be taken seriously (griffball, team fiesta, etc). Casual players want vehicles, big explosions, and large scale battles. Again you can't have it both ways.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

You can't have it both ways. Classic Halo has in most parts lost it's appeal. The most played games (shooters) these days are CoD/BF4. Team Doubles has been AIDS since Halo 3. Gravity hammer, equipment (drain ball, heal thing, grav lift) so it is not like it would ever revert back to Halo 2 team doubles (which was the closest to "Classic Halo")

Then don't play? Social playlist are not to be taken seriously (griffball, team fiesta, etc). Casual players want vehicles, big explosions, and large scale battles. Again you can't have it both ways.

Halo 3 TD was not even that bad only the campers and the hosty dino's :"(

But yeah H2 is the best i play it everyday now.

Gotta agree with this guy here. People like big battles, vehicles and huge explosions. I understand this is a competative gaming forum so thats not very much liked. But think about it like this the reason COD has overtaken Halo even in competative gaming is because the fan base is so much bigger. For Competative to survive you need fans of the game. That comes from casuals
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Gotta agree with this guy here. People like big battles, vehicles and huge explosions. I understand this is a competative gaming forum so thats not very much liked. But think about it like this the reason COD has overtaken Halo even in competative gaming is because the fan base is so much bigger. For Competative to survive you need fans of the game. That comes from casuals

CoD excelled because 1.) The game is SO easy to pick up, it doesn't have the steep learning curve that Halo has.

2.) The core mechanics have always stayed the same. Halo strayed from what made it Halo                                                 during Reach and H4 which coincidentally was when Halo started to die. 

Halo doesn't have to suddenly transition into this Battlefield size numbers. All we want is a fun game with a Ranked/Social divide, good maps, Halo mechanics (refer to CE/H2 and to a lesser extent H3 - still had core mechanics, no AA's, no sprint, Descope etc) and a ranking system. 

I get that your game needs to have some innovation to keep the audience interested and the experience fresh, but you can easily do that by adding cool stuff into Social gametypes or Action Sack. It becomes a problem when the dev tries to force these accessible, noob friendly, gimmicky additions to the core game which results in a bad experience for EVERYONE involved.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yes, but adding casual mechanics in the game could have been done in social playlists, and they didn't have to force the competitive community to deal with atrocities such as flinch. H4 looks like they throwed little "hey I'm competitive" elements in a big casual game, and not at all like a competitive game that needs a casual community to survive.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

CoD excelled because 1.) The game is SO easy to pick up, it doesn't have the steep learning curve that Halo has.

2.) The core mechanics have always stayed the same. Halo strayed from what made it Halo                                                 during Reach and H4 which coincidentally was when Halo started to die. 

Halo doesn't have to suddenly transition into this Battlefield size numbers. All we want is a fun game with a Ranked/Social divide, good maps, Halo mechanics (refer to CE/H2 and to a lesser extent H3 - still had core mechanics, no AA's, no sprint, Descope etc) and a ranking system. 

I get that your game needs to have some innovation to keep the audience interested and the experience fresh, but you can easily do that by adding cool stuff into Social gametypes or Action Sack. It becomes a problem when the dev tries to force these accessible, noob friendly, gimmicky additions to the core game which results in a bad experience for EVERYONE involved.

You need to stop living in the past. We are now on a next generation of systems. For once realize that you are the minority (the competitive community), and that casuals don't care about "what Halo used to be." 16v16 is part of the next generation experience. Halo 4's major flaw was that it lacked a ranking system, and developer support was absent for the first month or two. I can assure you that casual's don't give two fucks about things like descope or sprint (which is now the standard) in terms of straying away from classic Halo. CoD is successful because it has mass appeal, quit trying to appeal to the top 5% and simply give them the tools they need to make the game they want to play.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 10

Most casual players don't even like Halo 4 (see: population), so why would we keep shitty mechanics like ordnance or load outs to appease a non-existent casual fan base which loves those features? Casual players loved the mechanics of H2 and 3 just as much as competitive players did.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You need to stop living in the past. We are now on a next generation of systems. For once realize that you are the minority (the competitive community), and that casuals don't care about "what Halo used to be." 16v16 is part of the next generation experience. Halo 4's major flaw was that it lacked a ranking system, and developer support was absent for the first month or two. I can assure you that casual's don't give two fucks about things like descope or sprint (which is now the standard) in terms of straying away from classic Halo. CoD is successful because it has mass appeal, quit trying to appeal to the top 5% and simply give them the tools they need to make the game they want to play.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1