ssj

OT of GG | What are you playing right now?

Anyone play any Sleeping Dogs yet?

I have, it's pretty overhyped. It's a good game, but I wouldn't put it on any pedestal. Though everyone I talk too that played it disagrees with me, so yeah.

I have, it's pretty overhyped. It's a good game, but I wouldn't put it on any pedestal. Though everyone I talk too that played it disagree with me, so yeah.

I love that game . Good music, good driving, beautiful Hong Kong, the RPG elements, going to different stores to buy certain clothes and the story is decent too.

My biggest gripe about the game actually is the story though. It was getting pretty interesting and you wondering what's gonna happen and (*sort of spoiler alert*)

you're gonna have to choose sides, but you don't get to choose

. Could've been a much better game if they did that.

I also don't kind the fighting system either. Could be better, but I like it.

I thought Sleeping dogs took the best aspects of GTA and made it better. Much preferred the combat and high-action to the drag-fest GTA5 could be at times.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And finished MGS4 again. One of the most intense games and endings of all time. Favorite part of the whole game

tumblr_m8q97gMXAU1qf1mhe.gif?w=600&h=279

I'm just back to grinding my life away at The Binding of Isaac. Approaching 200 hours played. 

I want to, but its hard to go back to the torture. I was about 60% done when I stopped.

You have to be a bit masochistic to finish Dark Souls.

Having a lot of fun with Sleeping Dogs. There's not a lot of game that'll I'll actually bother to replay.

I hope Square Enix keeps putting money towards games like these. Would love to see another one, but it doesn't have to be a sequel. It can be an on going series that is in different cities and stuff. Kinda like GTA, but Sleeping Dogs Style.

Would love to see them go to Japan, Thailand, Korea, pretty much anywhere in eastern/Southern Asia. They could even go to South America or Europe, as long as it's foreign and not English(Canada, US, UK, Aus, etc). Prefer they stuck with Asian culture though.

And with each game they can introduce a new style of martial arts/hand to hand combat. So if you're in Japan you would use Karate. Or if you're in Thailand you use Muay Thai.

So apparently there's a sequel already being made for Sleeping Dogs called "Triad Wars" which is disappointing. Would rather have a different character with a new city everytime. Hopefully it's not in Hong Kong again. It's not that I don't like exploring Hong Kong, but it's been done already with the first one. I would be down if it was in Beijing or even Shanghai.

I have 2 achievements left in Dark Souls.

I just can't do it.

Only game I've ever gotten 1000g is in H3 and this because they had extra achievements with DLC. I couldn't take the time to do all that.

What do you have to do?

Only game I've ever gotten 1000g is in H3 and this because they had extra achievements with DLC. I couldn't take the time to so all that.

What do you have to do?

Rare Weapons. I have all the souls, but I need to finish collecting the weapons and making them all. It is just a lot of traveling around and making sure you do everything right so you don't have to go back and get something or new game + again. 

Acquire All Miracles. Which is an absolute pain if you don't plan it out from the start and that is why I missed it. 

Basically I would have to start one more new game + and I just can't deal with the grind after I've already played through the game 4 or 5 times. 

Just beat AC4.

Really disappointed in the present day story line and the lack of information/events that occured. This is the story line I've been hooked on and they did fuck all with it this game.

Didn't really care for the whole pirate aspect either. The whole sailing/ship battles got pretty old to me.

Overall, I feel that the milking of this series is really killing it. AC2 was great, but I really wasn't very fond of 3 or this new one.

Just beat AC4.

Really disappointed in the present day story line and the lack of information/events that occured. This is the story line I've been hooked on and they did fuck all with it this game.

Didn't really care for the whole pirate aspect either. The whole sailing/ship battles got pretty old to me.

Overall, I feel that the milking of this series is really killing it. AC2 was great, but I really wasn't very fond of 3 or this new one.

It's funny, I generally have a pretty mediocre opinion of pirate games, but this was pretty enjoyable, primarily cause of Edward.

For me, as Yahtzee describes it, the "bland future Desmond" parts were just filler for me to go play the actual story. So I wasn't necessarily disappointed by the future parts compared to the past.

I've played all the ACs, and personally I feel that 2 gets overrated a lot. Maybe it's because I didn't play 2, then brotherhood, then revelations and then 3. Don't get me wrong, 2 is a great game, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I feel that it being overwhelmingly superior to the others is a little misjudged.

It's funny, I generally have a pretty mediocre opinion of pirate games, but this was pretty enjoyable, primarily cause of Edward.

For me, as Yahtzee describes it, the "bland future Desmond" parts were just filler for me to go play the actual story. So I wasn't necessarily disappointed by the future parts compared to the past.

I've played all the ACs, and personally I feel that 2 gets overrated a lot. Maybe it's because I didn't play 2, then brotherhood, then revelations and then 3. Don't get me wrong, 2 is a great game, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I feel that it being overwhelmingly superior to the others is a little misjudged.

It's not over hyped if it has the best character and best story. Of course this is just an opinion , but an opinion shared by many.

First AC I played was AC 1. Thought it was awesome at first till I realized how terribly repetitive it is. Didn't go back till my buddy bugged me to get Brotherhood to play online which I rented( back when rentined was a viable option in my city) and I pretty much only played the online(played a little of the story).

The online was really fun, the most fun I had actually was playing 1v1s with my buddy.

But then one of my friends had AC2 and it got to my house(I think a friend left it or let me borrow it) so I bothered to try it out, even though i had the mentality that AC is bunk minus the online on Brotherhood.

Anyways so I played it, really enjoyed it and beat it. Only AC I beat and only AC I really like(with the exception of Brotherhoods online). I own Brotherhood, gotten far in it, but can't get myself to beat it.

Just saying, just because it's the favourite of the ACs doesn't make it over hyped, just means it's the best(based off popularity).

I still have to play Revelations and 4, but with Brotherhood feeling stretched out, hearing how slow 3 was and them making one every year it makes me not really care about the franchise anymore.

What I think it is, is that AC has been pretty much the same game since AC2 and AC2 did the best job at being an AC game.

It's not over hyped if it has the best character and best story. Of course this is just an opinion , but an opinion shared by many.

First AC I played was AC 1. Thought it was awesome at first till I realized how terribly repetitive it is. Didn't go back till my buddy bugged me to get Brotherhood to play online which I rented( back when rentined was a viable option in my city) and I pretty much only played the online(played a little of the story).

The online was really fun, the most fun I had actually was playing 1v1s with my buddy.

But then one of my friends had AC2 and it got to my house(I think a friend left it or let me borrow it) so I bothered to try it out, even though i had the mentality that AC is bunk minus the online on Brotherhood.

Anyways so I played it, really enjoyed it and beat it. Only AC I beat and only AC I really like(with the exception of Brotherhoods online). I own Brotherhood, gotten far in it, but can't get myself to beat it.

Just saying, just because it's the favourite of the ACs doesn't make it over hyped, just means it's the best(based off popularity).

I still have to play Revelations and 4, but with Brotherhood feeling stretched out, hearing how slow 3 was and them making one every year it makes me not really care about the franchise anymore.

What I think it is, is that AC has been pretty much the same game since AC2 and AC2 did the best job at being an AC game.

I agree, AC2 has earned it's hype. Ezio was a bad ass character and the story was great. We really got to see this dude grow old (if you played the other 2 games). I thought Connor was a terrible character and I thought his story sucked ass as well. If 3's story was as good as Ezio's then that game would have been better than it was. Don't get me wrong I still enjoyed the game, but the story and character was ehh. I didn't really mind Edward, but I didn't really care for him either.

AC2 was the first game that I played, then I went back to AC1 solely for the story so I could figure out what was going on. The game was such a drag due to the repetitiveness, but I powered through it anyways so I could understand the story line. 

Played the rest of the games in order since then. I think the games as of lately (3 and 4) have been lacking a lot in the puzzle aspects that the earlier games had. There was not a single puzzle in 4 that was challenging at all or at least made me think. It's like they were made for a 10 year old. This makes me sad because I really liked that aspect of the game. Finishing those puzzles unlocked some mysterious aspect of the game that involved the storyline. This was kind of present in AC4 with the audio tapes of Subject 0 and whatever, but that's about it.

On top of that, the games have seemed to become a lot easier. So many times in Black Flag where I got away with such stupid shit because the AI is r*tarded.

I have a lot of other complaints about the newer games, but I'm just gonna hold off lol.

I just really wish they would stop pumping these games out at put some more creativity in it. 

Been smashing the DayZ alpha, it's so limited, hard, buggy and annoying yet still so much fun. Here's me currently:

2zqd2c1.jpg

Almost died 3 or 4 times but it's pretty much a certainty he'll be killed by a bug or an update.

My brother and friend made me play Zelda: Twilight Princess. I've had it forever and I finally sat down and am playing it. Good so far

Yay, Reviews on the Run gave The Last of Us GOTY.

Think I'm gonna get my GameCube back this weekend. Play some Zelda. Not sure which one, I'll probably play Wind Waker.

The AC series game have definitely gotten easier. You pretty much have to try to be killed in order to get killed. I've played each one in order and I plan to buy Liberation HD when it releases this month. I'm a huge fan of the series and I find AC2 to be the best, by far. The story was great, the mechanics were new and refreshing in video games (which have been beaten to death by now), and it's one of the largest improvements I've seen in a sequel. AC1 was an interesting game, but it was bland and got repetitive.

Brotherhood and Revelations are near identical games in my eyes, just with a different setting/story. Brotherhood's economic way of earning money and hiring Assassin's was a nice feature, but I was disappointed with the city of Rome. It hardly felt like a city and more like a town with a Colosseum a mile outside of it. I enjoyed the story more in Revelations and Constantinople felt more alive, but the tower defense mechanic was dumb. Luckily, they only forced us to do it twice. The armor/weapon/storage upgrades in Revelations were great though.

There are so many reasons why AC3 was horrid that I rather not get into it unless you guys want a multi-paragraph rant on mission design, 5 hour tutorials, and nothing to do in the endgame. AC4 is the 2nd best AC game behind AC2. Even though it did feel more like a pirate simulator than an AC game, it still felt great to play and it's hard to put down.

I did my best to not include spoilers below

As for the story in all these games. Yeah, it's pretty weak and can be laughable at times. It of course revolves around this whole goddess and ancient relics type thing, which was great in AC1. It was interesting and I enjoyed the mystery. Though it got out of hand in AC2. Juno reveals herself and speaks about the "end of man", then of course, lots of shit happens with Desmond in AC3. And then pretty much nothing happens in AC4. It's obvious that they just keep delaying the huge event that Juno has been teasing us about since AC2 so they can make more games. It's like Ubisoft is scared they won't be able to think of anything if the story progresses too far.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just finished revelations. Good story and I enjoyed the game (Brotherhood is my fav game so far IMO)

Wish they would refine the combat and make it more difficult tho. I'm not wasting money on ac3 so I'll probably watch those AC3 "movies" people made I guess. I also need to watch The AC series about the story post revelations

Just finished revelations. Good story and I enjoyed the game (Brotherhood is my fav game so far IMO)

Wish they would refine the combat and make it more difficult tho. I'm not wasting money on ac3 so I'll probably watch those AC3 "movies" people made I guess. I also need to watch The AC series about the story post revelations

Requiescat en pace Al'tair

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I got my GameCube back from my buddies yesterday.. Forgot the memory card...

I finally beat Sleeping Dogs on the 360. Such a good game.

Now onto Wind Waker. I got really far in that game before I stopped playing it for awhile for some reason. But when I went back to play it I forgot all the stuff I've done including both main and side missions. So now I'm gonna actually try and beat this game. I'm not sure, but Wind Waker might be my favourite Zelda. Not sure though, it's a tough one.

So my blockbuster is one of the last 300 blockbusters still doing their liquidating sales.  I remember seeing AC3 there before and gonna see if I can snag it for $10 or something.  

• Upvote (+1) 1