ssj

OT of GG | What are you playing right now?

Does anyone play Diablo 3 on xbox one? Looking for a new game in the near future once I'm done with all the Black ops 3 Zombies easter eggs and the destiny expansion.

I also bought Portal 2 heard good things

Playing through the first Dead Space for the first time. Very enjoyable so far, already debating on wanting to pick up the other 2 in the series for whenever I finish the first.

Still having a blast with Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Really sucks that they decided to weigh it down with some of the worst post game support possible. The base game is amazing.

Also picked up Attack on Titan. They actually nailed the gameplay. Just doesn't have a ton of variety to it. Gets a bit repetitive in long play sessions

Playing through the first Dead Space for the first time. Very enjoyable so far, already debating on wanting to pick up the other 2 in the series for whenever I finish the first.

Haven't played the other two, but I hear it's a good idea to just play the first one and leave it at that

Does anyone play Diablo 3 on xbox one? Looking for a new game in the near future once I'm done with all the Black ops 3 Zombies easter eggs and the destiny expansion.

I also bought Portal 2 heard good things

As awesome as it is playing on a couch and with a controller in hand, D3 is not worth it unless you have a solid group to play with consistently. Modders have completely ruined the public game experience it's impossible to find legit players anymore.

As awesome as it is playing on a couch and with a controller in hand, D3 is not worth it unless you have a solid group to play with consistently. Modders have completely ruined the public game experience it's impossible to find legit players anymore.

I was planning on playing couch co-op with my gf and maybe some friends

Any tips in helping new players to console gaming?

My Girlfriend kinda wants to get into gaming, plays a lot of games on her phone and ds. But can't get into console gaming as her hand eye coordination for with the controller is poor.

Any games and game modes anybody would recommend?

At the moment playing some cod custom mode v cpu on recruit, so she improves playing with the controller.

My Girlfriend kinda wants to get into gaming, plays a lot of games on her phone and ds. But can't get into console gaming as her hand eye coordination for with the controller is poor.

At the moment playing some cod custom mode v cpu on recruit, so she improves playing with the controller.

Castle Crashers is a good one. I'm going to attempt Portal 2 and Diablo 3 with my gf. Also borderlands is good.

Literally doing the same with my gf haha. Been playing Black Ops 3 bots so much lately I can't stand to play CoD anymore. I've found that playing through the Halo campaigns are a lot more fun to her. Easier and more fun for me to play, and she dies much much muuuuuuch less (she doesn't have the best hand/eye coordina2 either) so she has been enjoying that more lately. Also a lot easier to carry her through levels and offers a nice change with Warthogs and stuff getting added from time to time, she is my dedicated gunner :p She will also play the hell outta some Peggle.

So I was playing Doom 4 and saw this hole in the wall and just decided to shoot a grenade through it for no reason.I heard a "yaaaay" come from the wall when I shot, so I find out I can go through the wall and I found this:

image.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just finished the story for "Inside".  It was incredible. Such a creepy game.

I need to finish it.  I am a just now to the part where there is pressure impacts that you have to hide behind walls or you explode from.   It is really impressive so far.  Seems like it could be a really good game for mobile device too.  They could make some serious money making games like inside for mobile.  Input is a minimums so I think it is doable. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

My fiance is not much of a console player but she freakin loved Rayman Legends.  She got hooked and finished the entire game.  Every single Teensie in the game.  All 700 of them.  Still blown away that she did it.  She sometimes tries to play Halo with me but she doens't like it because she always ends up looking at the ground or at the sky lol.  She also loves Peggle.  Another great casual game.  I need to show her geometry wars. I have a feeling she would like it too. 

I just finished playing Resistance 3 and Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Had a good time with both.

You can definitely tell that Insomniac are fans of Half Life 2. They certainly pulled a lot of inspiration from it, but if you're gonna rip someone off, do it from the best lol. R3 was kind of on the short side, but it was well paced, had good encounter design, fun weapons as you'd expect from an Insomniac game, good variety of locales, and was very good overall. One of the more overlooked PS3 games.

Deus Ex was... a bit of a mixed bag. The storytelling in regards to the central narrative was kind of bad, even worse than Human Revolution, which was wasn't that great either if memory serves. Adam has no personal stake in anything going on around him, which made him kind of boring. Like, the player could give him an opinion on certain topics, but Adam can never really engage in any action that actualizes those thoughts-- which is a shame considering the whole Augs vs. Naturals conceit (which isn't handled in the most adept of fashions).

The art design is something else I felt iffy on. While it's technically good, no doubt, it feels decidedly less futuristic than Human Revolution, despite taking place two years afterwards. This could be a consequence of taking place primarily in Europe, though. If you've ever been there, they tend to take newer technologies and integrate them into older structures, since they are built quite solidly using lots of stonework, thus preventing the need to tear them down in many cases (this also results in the color palette being very muted much of the time). I suppose this isn't really a criticism of the art design itself, just a personal grievance of mine. What I must compliment though, is the sheer amount of asset variety. The amount of unique assets throughout the game is honestly staggering. If you were to walk down the streets of Prague and throw a dart every fifteen or so feet, it's not uncommon to see a unique building or set of objects/props with their own history and style. Very impressive work by the team at Eidos Montreal. 

The core systems, however, are where the game truly shines. Even though there's only one hub as opposed to the two in the game's predecessor, it's decidedly more dense and filled with things to see and do. There are so many places to duck into, bits n' bobs to interact with, and side stories/objectives to find. And the best part is that nearly all of them are very in-depth in terms of the process of completing them. They even have varying effects on the main quest line, which is very nice. The level design is superb as well, and the different sandboxes they place you into are quite expansive and filled with different opportunities at every turn. 

Unfortunately, the game suffers some of the same flaws as Human Revolution. The game has an almost comical reliance on air vents for alternate routes, them being the go-to option for differing paths much of the time. And they also failed in their attempt to make action-y play styles more viable, because stealth/hacking is still by far the best option of approach, which in a game that supposedly allows the player to approach situations however they wish is kinda bad. Animations are very stilted and unnatural as well, which is a shame since the game overall looks so much better. 

There's more I could go on about, and my post is probably kinda disjointed and ramble-y, but bottom line is that the game is pretty good, though very flawed from a thematic and some big core gameplay aspects. Still a solid time though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think I got Overwatch for free from Xbox, so that's pretty neat. After the free weekend was over, I'm still able to play it. Same thing happened with Rocket League :)

I think I got Overwatch for free from Xbox, so that's pretty neat. After the free weekend was over, I'm still able to play it. Same thing happened with Rocket League :)

u shitting me lol

u shitting me lol

Nope, lmao. Was free this last weekend for people to play, the whole game. Was suppose to end the 12th, but I still have it and just finished playing a second ago. I know it can probably get taken away at anytime but Rocket League was also free for a weekend a couple months ago, and I downloaded and played it. After the weekend, was still able to access the whole game and still able to, I play it all the time with friends with never having to buy it. I'm just guessing the same thing happened with Overwatch :P

Nope, lmao. Was free this last weekend for people to play, the whole game. Was suppose to end the 12th, but I still have it and just finished playing a second ago. I know it can probably get taken away at anytime but Rocket League was also free for a weekend a couple months ago, and I downloaded and played it. After the weekend, was still able to access the whole game and still able to, I play it all the time with friends with never having to buy it. I'm just guessing the same thing happened with Overwatch :P

I started downloading overwatch over the weekend but never finished. Maybe ill try and see what happens

Haven't played the other two, but I hear it's a good idea to just play the first one and leave it at that

The second one kind of builds off the first one, but is a little less creepy. The third one isn't really that good unless you're messing around with a friend, since it's somewhat buggy and more action focused. I don't even think there's one scary part in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The second one kind of builds off the first one, but is a little less creepy. The third one isn't really that good unless you're messing around with a friend, since it's somewhat buggy and more action focused. I don't even think there's one scary part in the game.

My bad

Didn't mean to neg you

Started playing Terraria again after a year to see what's new. I guess now NPC's can sometimes throw parties and even animals get party hats.

image.jpg

Anyone here play Smite? It's been my introduction to MOBA's and I've gotten pretty into it.

Anyone here play Smite? It's been my introduction to MOBA's and I've gotten pretty into it.

I play occasionally. Used to go real hard. If you're on Xbox, you can add me: Proximiteh

I've also been playing BF1, Gears 4, and Rocket League. All on Xbone. I need to get my PC shipped out to me so I can get wet with Civ 6.