ssj

OT of GG | What are you playing right now?

Crysis 3 is only $5 tomorrow on PS3 if you have PS+ and it's. 9.99 if you don't. Luckily I have PS+.

So my blockbuster is one of the last 300 blockbusters still doing their liquidating sales. I remember seeing AC3 there before and gonna see if I can snag it for $10 or something.

I miss Block Buster. Haven't had one in my city for a couple of years now.

Finished Mass Effect 2 over the weekend.  It's a really good game - better than the first (which I enjoyed a lot). 

The main story line was a little bit less compelling, but 2 did a much better job of integrating side quests into the main story, developing the supporting characters story lines.  I finished side quests because I enjoyed them, rather than just because I had to do them to level up. 

The main drawback was the mining of minerals, which got repetitive/boring, but it was better than the driving around on mostly abandoned planets that was necessary in the first game.

Gonna start up part 3 soon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Finished Mass Effect 2 over the weekend.  It's a really good game - better than the first (which I enjoyed a lot). 

The main story line was a little bit less compelling, but 2 did a much better job of integrating side quests into the main story, developing the supporting characters story lines.  I finished side quests because I enjoyed them, rather than just because I had to do them to level up. 

The main drawback was the mining of minerals, which got repetitive/boring, but it was better than the driving around on mostly abandoned planets that was necessary in the first game.

Gonna start up part 3 soon.

i honestly loved mining minerals. i knew that whenever i didn't have enough points to purchase upgrades, i could just mine for a little bit and i'd be good. there are some little tricks you can do to speed up the process. i liked having that option as opposed to being forced to wait for level-ups and on-foot caches if i didn't have sufficient resources.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i honestly loved mining minerals. i knew that whenever i didn't have enough points to purchase upgrades, i could just mine for a little bit and i'd be good. there are some little tricks you can do to speed up the process. i liked having that option as opposed to being forced to wait for level-ups and on-foot caches if i didn't have sufficient resources.

Yeah, it wasn't terrible.  I probably spent way more time on in than I need to also, because I think I did every possible upgrade and I still had over 100,000 of most of the minerals, lol.  Most of the time I only have 30-60 minutes at a time to game, so I would mine minerals instead of starting a mission and having to stop half way through it.

I'm about an hour into Mass Effect 3 now.  It has an awesome introduction - very movie-like.  The story pulled me in right away, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how it unfolds.

Now onto Wind Waker. I got really far in that game before I stopped playing it for awhile for some reason. But when I went back to play it I forgot all the stuff I've done including both main and side missions. So now I'm gonna actually try and beat this game. I'm not sure, but Wind Waker might be my favourite Zelda. Not sure though, it's a tough one.

Been playing Wind Waker for the past few days. Really enjoying it. I got the 3 pearls and made it to the Hyrule Castle, but I stopped there. Just before I placed all 3 pearls I went on a few hour grind trying to afford a jar(500 rupees) and the piece of heart(950 rupees). What a grind, but at least I got them. Said I had 7 days to get them and I had no idea when that "sale" would come back so I just did it then.

Really enjoy the cartoon art style, so pretty.

I had my GameCube hooked up to an older Hd TV(only a 19 inch or something, maybe smaller), but then hooked it up to my flat screen tube tv(it's a tube, but the glass is flat, don't know what else to call it) and it looks way better on that TV.

Been playing Wind Waker for the past few days. Really enjoying it. I got the 3 pearls and made it to the Hyrule Castle, but I stopped there. Just before I placed all 3 pearls I went on a few hour grind trying to afford a jar(500 rupees) and the piece of heart(950 rupees). What a grind, but at least I got them. Said I had 7 days to get them and I had no idea when that "sale" would come back so I just did it then.

Really enjoy the cartoon art style, so beautiful.

Loved Wind Waker. One of my favorite games. WWHD is also one of the best looking games of all time. Can't believe there was so much hate for the art style. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Loved Wind Waker. One of my favorite games. WWHD is also one of the best looking games of all time. Can't believe there was so much hate for the art style.

Was watching some HD stuff on my iPhone, the game looks absolutely beautiful, but the GameCube version looks more cartoony which I like. I like both, one offers crisp HD look to the game and the other offers a more cartoony look.

Edit: I use to be a HUGE Zelda fan. It was my favourite game for the longest time until Wind Waker(well Zelda was actually still my favourite game/franchise at the time).Didn't really like that look at the time. Played the demo that came with the Zelda collection, actually enjoyed it, got use to the look and then just loved the art style when i actually played it.

Bethesda and 2K have two bundles for 30$. Skyrim/Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2/ Dishonored. Wish they would have released these over the holidays. But a really good deal for some great games. Dishonored is way better than any AC game.

Dark Souls 2, Titanfall, South Park the Stick of Truth, and Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes all come out within 2 weeks of each other. My wallet is crying.

Dark Souls 2, Titanfall, South Park the Stick of Truth, and Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes all come out within 2 weeks of each other. My wallet is crying.

All those games and I'm buying none of them.

I'm only getting one of those, I wonder what it could be.

Getting pretty far in Wind Waker. Have to say, not as impressed as I was when I first played it and I can see why OoT is considered the GOAT.

Next GameCube game I'm gonna play is either Twilight Princess or Metroid.

I'm only getting one of those, I wonder what it could be.

All those games and I'm buying none of them.

I will probably only get Dark Souls 2 when it comes out. Probably will wait for Titanfall and MGS5: Part 1.

Getting pretty far in Wind Waker. Have to say, not as impressed as I was when I first played it and I can see why OoT is considered the GOAT.

Next GameCube game I'm gonna play is either Twilight Princess or Metroid.

Metroid Prime?

I will probably only get Dark Souls 2 when it comes out. Probably will wait for Titanfall and MGS5: Part 1.

Metroid Prime?

Yeah. Found it used at a local gaming store a few months back. I decided awhile ago I wanted a nice GameCube collection and regardless of the fact that I never played it(well once for like 5 minutes when I was 12 or whatever age I was) I still wanted it in my collection.

I ended up playing it at my buddies when I bought, but he kinda took over so I'm gonna restart.

Edit: I must've played only about an hour of Metroid Prime, maybe a little more, but I noticed it's like the Zelda games .

As for MG5 I still need to beat MGS1 and 4. Beat 3 on PS2 and MGS2 on 360. Gotta play those games before I can get excited for MGS5.

Yeah. Found it used at a local gaming store a few months back. I decided awhile ago I wanted a nice GameCube collection and regardless of the fact that I never played it(well once for like 5 minutes when I was 12 or whatever age I was) I still wanted it in my collection.

I ended up playing it at my buddies when I bought, but he kinda took over so I'm gonna restart.

Edit: I must've played only about an hour of Metroid Prime, maybe a little more, but I noticed it's like the Zelda games .

As for MG5 I still need to beat MGS1 and 4. Beat 3 on PS2 and MGS2 on 360. Gotta play those games before I can get excited for MGS5.

Some people didn't like the controls, but I personally loved Metroid Prime. One of the best atmospheric games of all time.

Both MGS 1 and 4 are good. 4 takes a while for it to get going, but the end of the game is great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some people didn't like the controls, but I personally loved Metroid Prime. One of the best atmospheric games of all time.

Both MGS 1 and 4 are good. 4 takes a while for it to get going, but the end of the game is great.

I started playing MGS1 and 4. In 4 I was just introduced to the bosses. I unno what to call them, it's been months since I've played it, but I'm not far. MGS1 I beat Ocelot for the first time. Forget where I am now lol. Been awhile.

Gotta organize myself when it comes to playing games so I can actually finish them which is what I've been doing as of late.

Vice City Stories is gonna be on going game that I'll pick up whenever I feel like playing it and Wind Waker is the game to beat before I play any other SP game.

Not sure what to play after Wind Waker. Will most likely beat Crysis 3, it's probably not a very long game, then I guess play Metroid Prime or MGS1. Probably Metroid Prime.

Playing a little of this, a little of that.

Just started WoW again, but haven't really done much

Starbound just got its final character wipe, so I'll be spending more time on that.

Been trying to get H2V working on my surface, but its got some issues (graphically and controller). So I'll stick with my PC for now.

Super Mario Worlds 3D or whatever its stupid name is, fun game doe.

Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons is finally free to download on PS+. I really wanna play it, but I gotta beat Wind Waker first(i honestly thought I was almost done till I had to look for 8 Tri-Force shard).

After Wind Waker I'm gonna play Brothers, then Crysis 3, then Metroid Prime. Got the games set out that I wanna beat. After Metroid I'll probably try and finish Vice City Stories(that's a game that I can play anytime, I don't feel like I need to play it everyday like other story games) and then I'm gonna try and grind on Ni No Kuni AGAIN(Still haven't beaten it or gotten very far).

I actually might just quit Wind Waker. The game feels lazy and short, but then hits you with a "go look for 8 Tri-Force shards" with no help at all. The most vague tip in a game ever.

There's still a lot of games left I wanna play and the last thing I want to do is go on a wild goose chase.

Edit: I think I finally got it going. This game feels so dragged out now. "You've finally brought back the Master Swords power to beat Ganondorf"! "Now go find 8 Tri-Force shards".

I actually might just quit Wind Waker. The game feels lazy and short, but then hits you with a "go look for 8 Tri-Force shards" with no help at all. The most vague tip in a game ever.

There's still a lot of games left I wanna play and the last thing I want to do is go on a wild goose chase.

Edit: I think I finally got it going. This game feels so dragged out now. "You've finally brought back the Master Swords power to beat Ganondorf"! "Now go find 8 Tri-Force shards".

Yeah, Nintendo pulled the tri-force shard part out of Wind Waker HD. It was definitely out of place. I loved exploring everything in Wind Waker, but the tri-force shard part was awful

Yeah, Nintendo pulled the tri-force shard part out of Wind Waker HD. It was definitely out of place. I loved exploring everything in Wind Waker, but the tri-force shard part was awful

Yeah that was a smart move.

Yeah I like exploring too, but I've done a lot side missions already, I'm ready to beat this game, but they keep dragging it out. Not only do they not tell you how to find the Tri-force pieces, but you gotta find the person who can decipher the map and then you gotta pay a lot fuckin rupees. lol so dragged on.

I'm gonna try to beat it still though. Trying finish a game I started.

Next Zelda, I'm probably gonna play Twilight Princess. More mature looking. Something id prefer right now.

Still grinding those 8 Tri Force shards. Still find it very tedious. But I wanna finish this game. I have 2 pieces right now and I just got another chart. Taking this very slowly since I find it so boring.

Also started playing Hotline Miami again. Was gonna beat it start to finish last night, but decided to take a break. I was going on a solid streak of getting A+ every map(except the first one I got an A cause I wasn't really trying on that map since I already got the A+ on it many times and 5 mins before). I actually think I could pull it off and get all A+ on Hotline Miami. Biggest combo I've gotten was x14 and then right after I got a x12 in the same map. lol pretty boss IMO. Had to take out every player in combo in one floor to do that.

Alright, so I just finished Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD on the 360, and damn, this game is a steal for $20 (you can download it on the 360 or PS3). They definitely could have gotten away with raising the price $10-$20. I enjoyed it a ton. The story is all Assassin's POV and more of a personal story than what we're used too with AC. Aveline is an Assassin who was adopted by a rich family and she wants to abolish the slave trade. The story then progresses to find "The Company Man" and she realizes there's more to her parents than she thought and it goes from there.

With this originally being a PS Vita title, I was expecting it to be restrictive and I didn't get that feeling at all. It's feature heavy with the amount of side quests you expect in an AC game. Instead of one persona (an Assassin), you have three; Assassin, Lady (adopted daughter of a high born family), and a slave. You switch between them depending on the mission and each persona has their own side quests. The upgrades for swords, apparel, pouches, etc. works similar to Brotherhood/Revelations where you buy everything (no skinning animals).

There are two main locations, New Orleans and The Bayou. New Orleans isn't as big as Constantinople or Venice, but not as small as Boston or cities in AC4. Your base is a warehouse that posses as a business, so basically you're money laundering. Managing the business is also a side quests (you kill your rivals and buy their stores after). The Bayou was my favorite part of the map. It's eery, dark, and there are three small swamp towns scattered throughout. You also visit Mexico for a few missions, along with New York to meet Connor (you can replay that mission playing as Connor). I was surprised on how I enjoyed this game.

If you're an AC fan, Liberation is definitely a game you need to play.

Stopped played Wind Waker. I got 5 Tri shards and I'm about to get the rest, but it's taking too much time right now. Just gonna start on Metroid Prime and go back to Wind Waker later.