Sign in to follow this  
BattlefieldKnox

BfK Halo 4 Local! (Sat, Feb 1st)

I hope you stream it! I'd love to watch a v5 tournament. I haven't seen the new ricochet settings or Vertigo be played in a tournament yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys!  Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on a local we are doing here in a couple of weeks.  Hope to see some of our Southeast area guys again!

This is a local event aimed at reviving the local Halo 4 community. If you've played in one of our local events in the past, you know we always have a great time. Settings will be either V4 or V5 competitive settings. *To be determined and posted on this page by January 20th*

Hosted by: Combat Refs GLITCH and GHOST!

ALL future Halo events will depend on the turn out of this event.

When: Saturday, Feb 1st -- Bracket cut-off is at 3pm with 1st Match to begin at 3:15.

Where: 9333 Kingston Pike, 37922. BATTLEFIELD KNOXVILLE!

How Much (Per Player): Advance: $12.50 Day of Event: $18

Payment can be accepted over the phone by calling our Combat Refs during business hours at 865-200-5762.

PRIZE POOL: Unlike a few past events, this events prize pool will be solely based on attendance and given out the day of the event after the championship round.

6 Teams will Guarantee a MINIMUM prize of $200 for first place team.

Maps / Settings will be revealed on Jan 20th.

*DOUBLE ELIMINATION*

I heard a while ago you guys were planning to run your own Halo CE tournament, how did that go?

Not enough interest for the Halo CE event....  So we went in with the UGC for Scott's event.  

We're still trying to keep Halo alive.   We have plans for a ton of tournaments in 2014, but it all depends on how this next one goes!  Hope to see some of the locals who surf these boards show up!

Appreciate the attempt on keeping Halo alive, but please let H4 as it is.. Dad.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Not enough interest for the Halo CE event....  So we went in with the UGC for Scott's event.  

We're still trying to keep Halo alive.   We have plans for a ton of tournaments in 2014, but it all depends on how this next one goes!  Hope to see some of the locals who surf these boards show up!

Fair enough, I still think you could get pretty good attendance if you market to the right people. There's no real community for the Halo 1 players except one board, and most aren't on there. This is one where it's a true word of mouth marketing. 20+ people pay anywhere from $500-$900 a year to LAN halo 1 against other top players for a week without any tournament or prize money. It still might not be the huge draw you guys want, but I fully believe Halo 1 players are more dedicated to the game and will show than any of the other games in the series.

Regardless, best of luck and thanks for supporting Halo and it's community as always. I'll tune if for sure if it's streamed.

I'm still down for another h3 4v4 tournament. If the h4 goes okay please consider a h3 one too. I'd be there for sure then :)

As always much love for you guys. If you stream ill be watching the h4 event tho.

I'm still looking for a team to go with. If anyone needs 1 or knows someone who needs 1 let me know. I'm a decent player who loves to compete and have a good time. I'll fill whatever role a team needs.