Moa

GH057ayame joins 343 Industries!

I do remember that when Ghostayame featured his Team Throwdown settings on the Bulletin, he did get a lot of shit for it on THC, but a lot of the other Halo communities supported him. Wish I could pull up the archives but sadly BTB.net shut down too.

So I wasn't making this up?

Yeah I remember seeing a lot of BR supporters out if no where. And that's when the sheep insults were being thrown around.

When 343i hires someone that has done nothing but talk shit about them I'll be impressed. Hiring suck-ups that were trying to get hired only leads to more of the same.

But they can hire 1,000 people (which I'm pretty sure they might be getting close to at this point) and it won't make as much of a difference FIRING ONE PERSON.

Yeah yeah yeah, salt - but the truth is I'm just pissed at this point and not impressed by BS PR move hires. I used to play Halo everyday with my friends and then with my friends and my wife. Now no one plays and my buddies are cancelling Xbox live after a decade, I have every right to my salt.

How many of all the millions who have played Halo knows who Ghost is? Seems like a pretty bad PR-move imo.

The biggest question 343 has to answer is how they do Halo more popular. This is the one and only question. Dersky, Neighbor and Ghosts is probably hired only for their merits as Halo pro players and their deep knowledge about competitive and true Halo game play. If this is a PR-move it has to be the worst move ever in the history of corporate business. Because only the Halo nutheads knows who they are and what are Dersky and Neighbor doing on their spare time? They stream H3 on Twitch. Have you seen any PR with them where they try to tell you how great H4 is? Also, if you run a business, you don´t hire people that talks shit, internet warrior style. You hire people with knowledge and manners. And that is not unique to 343.

I think 343 gets it, and want to be the number one shooter once more. Halo 5 is extremely important for Xbone. And to be the number one in business usually means to be unique and bring something different than the competition. The original Halo receipt has no equal and was a huge success ranging from esport to social gaming. Halo4 solded a lot of copies but it died in esport, MM and the community is a fraction of its former self. Even after the awesome H4 GC there was no interest. I think 343 have noticed this. So they will bring back true Halo gameplay, but with a twist. Old and new in a spectacular way. And we will love it and our lives will once more be awesome were the only communications we have with the rest of the world is from a headseat. :ghost:

How many of all the millions who have played Halo knows who Ghost is? Seems like a pretty bad PR-move imo.

Competitive Hispanic Community respects Ghostayame work with Throwdown and H4GC settings. And that's only one "small" community.

hiring such people really helps with building hype, one by the people who do follow this stuff via word of mouth, essentially people spreading "halo5 will be awesome because pros are working on it" and in press releases, bulletins and such they can simplystate that such pros have been helping them which will build more hype since everyone automatically assumes that pro players know what they're doing..

they are for the most part PR hires, if they didn't have a "pro" background then they probably wouldn't have had much of a chance of even getting hired because there is a lot more that goes into game dev and even just testing then knowing how to play and it would be a lot more cost effective to use 3rd party agencies or hire people who are already trained and know what they're doing then to hire people and spend money on training them.

hiring such people really helps with building hype, one by the people who do follow this stuff via word of mouth, essentially people spreading "halo5 will be awesome because pros are working on it" and in press releases, bulletins and such they can simplystate that such pros have been helping them which will build more hype since everyone automatically assumes that pro players know what they're doing..

they are for the most part PR hires, if they didn't have a "pro" background then they probably wouldn't have had much of a chance of even getting hired because there is a lot more that goes into game dev and even just testing then knowing how to play and it would be a lot more cost effective to use 3rd party agencies or hire people who are already trained and know what they're doing then to hire people and spend money on training them.

I think we have different definitions about "hype". If hiring those people was for PR, then 343 is doing a lousy job because I seldom read anything about it. They should blog about it everyday and doing videos, streaming and all kind of things.

343 is a big studio and they needed some professional Halo players to help them getting back on the top, as the number one choice in FPS. Simple as that.

Well this makes me happy, and gives me a sense of hope that he'll be working on the competitive playlist. Bring Halo back Ghost.

I am very happy that he has a dream job. But I think you all need to buffer your excitement with the halo 5 development cycle. How much impact to the list of features and core mechanics can any one have at this point?. But I do think he already had an impact on halo 5 well before now.

Yeah, like they hire Josh Menke to clean the office, then all Halo pro players make Hotdogs for all employees while Quinn delHoyo is their coach on how to cook. Without saying that Tim Longo and Sparth are preparing the best plot ever on how to add First Person view in Thruster Pack and you can sprint backwards.

Is not hype, is a strategy to make a good game with talented people. What usefulness stuff they do with people who hate Halo and don't have experience with shooters? Halo 4, thats what we got.

Well that is a trend... their first approach was to hire anyone that had double digits in their career longivity in hopes it would lend credibility to their product.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quinn is a CE kid

Bravo is a CE kid

Ghost is a CE kid

Neighbor 1v1s Bravo so he is a CE kid

Dersky said he learned Hang em High nades tricks from Ogre 2 so he is a CE kid

Whats with all the CE kids getting hired at 343?

A good start?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I do remember that when Ghostayame featured his Team Throwdown settings on the Bulletin, he did get a lot of shit for it on THC, but a lot of the other Halo communities supported him. Wish I could pull up the archives but sadly BTB.net shut down too.

WTF...another halo 4 casualty...

Very late here, and I have already told him personally, but thank you Gh057 and I'm excited to see what you'll bring to the table!

Lmao, like every website is like copying and pasting from Beyond with no credit/source. Except Gamespit but that's about it.

:(

Sir, with all due respect...you are a fucking idiot.

Really? Cause that's kinda what they did with H4?

But switch hiring pros from hiring Bravo and having an MLG exhibition.

• Upvote (+1) 1