Moa

GH057ayame joins 343 Industries!

He'll probably be the competitive playlist designer. He understands that halo CE is the most competitive halo game, so hopefully his settings will reflect that unlike his halo 4 settings.

Ghost had to make a choice between what was more competitive or what was more popular. He chose what was more popular.

This is why some might be skeptical about whether or not halo 5 will be better with ghost on the team.

If our competitive playlist designer isn't even prioritizing the skill gap of the playlist settings/gametypes, we're fucked.

Also ghost thinks halo 3 has a larger skill gap than halo 2, so there's that...

Ghost is a beast. He can be respectful while getting his point across and that is something EXTREMELY hard to come by in our community. Like the majority of posters have said, he deserved this more than anyone. He put in countless hours on the Throwndown playlist with no pay and helped keep the community upbeat while so many were trying to bring it down.

Congrats Ghost!

This is why some might be skeptical about whether or not halo 5 will be better with ghost on the team.

If our competitive playlist designer isn't even prioritizing the skill gap of the playlist settings/gametypes, we're fucked.

Also ghost thinks halo 3 has a larger skill gap than halo 2, so there's that...

If Ghost, as a pro player, designer and member of Spartans Hall of F*cking Fame, say that H3 has a larger skill gap than H2 he probably have some serious reasoning behind it. Can you link to the source please? I would love to read about it.

If Ghost, as a pro player, designer and member of Spartans Hall of F*cking Fame, say that H3 has a larger skill gap than H2 he probably have some serious reasoning behind it. Can you link to the source please? I would love to read about it.

Keep in mind that just because someone is good at the game doesn't mean they know very much about what widens a skill gap and what doesn't. Ogre 2 has gone on record saying "no bloom=no skill." Ryanoob has gone on record saying halo 4 is the best yet. Ghandi has gone on record saying that halo 2 has a larger skill gap than halo 1.

Anyway, here's the link... http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/forums/t/Halo-4-MLG-Settings-Maps-and-Gametypes-Discussion-8025388-p103

Scroll to the bottom of the page to read ghost's post.

For the record, I don't find his reasoning solid at all.

Keep in mind that just because someone is good at the game doesn't mean they know very much about what widens a skill gap and what doesn't. Ogre 2 has gone on record saying "no bloom=no skill." Ryanoob has gone on record saying halo 4 is the best yet. Ghandi has gone on record saying that halo 1 has a larger skill gap than halo 2.

Anyway, here's the link... http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/forums/t/Halo-4-MLG-Settings-Maps-and-Gametypes-Discussion-8025388-p103

Thanks! 

Of course, but if someone like Ghost says something about Halo I am always interested to listen. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 is lucky to get ghost. Eric knows how to listen and observe, this will first lead to improvements in customer support. Over time he will adjust to his environment and start to move up the corporate ladder. 

Eric might not be the person who designs the next game, he will be the first person that notices that next move 343 will need to make and then find the right person for that job.  Congrats Eric this will be interesting to watch and yes I will be the first to say "I told you so".

Keep in mind that just because someone is good at the game doesn't mean they know very much about what widens a skill gap and what doesn't. Ogre 2 has gone on record saying "no bloom=no skill." Ryanoob has gone on record saying halo 4 is the best yet. Ghandi has gone on record saying that halo 1 has a larger skill gap than halo 2.

Isn't it generally accepted that Halo CE has a larger skill gap than Halo 2?

Regardless, I still think Ghost deserves a lot of credit. I remember when the debates were going on about BR vs DMR, both sides had good points, it's not like Ghost chose a bad starting weapon, it was just one that a large amount of people didn't prefer. I'm really curious if at the time, 343 told Ghost anything about the possible changes of the BR from 5 shot to 4 shot, if so that could have skewed his opinion more in favor of the BR even when we have no idea about future possibilities.

Keep in mind that just because someone is good at the game doesn't mean they know very much about what widens a skill gap and what doesn't. Ogre 2 has gone on record saying "no bloom=no skill." Ryanoob has gone on record saying halo 4 is the best yet. Ghandi has gone on record saying that halo 2 has a larger skill gap than halo 1.

Ghost actually has some good reasoning for why Halo 3 took more skill. Ogre is probably saying no bloom = no skill because of the extra bloom in CE which, in fact, did take more skill and Ryanoob is just an odd apple of the bunch but at least forms his own opinions instead of following everyone else. That's my opinion on the matter. 

Awesome, congrats Ghost! I know not everyone agreed with the decisions he made regarding settings, but I don't think anyone can deny all the work he put into making Halo 4 playable for everyone.  :ghost:

Ogre is probably saying no bloom = no skill because of the extra bloom in CE which, in fact, did take more skill and Ryanoob is just an odd apple of the bunch but at least forms his own opinions instead of following everyone else. That's my opinion on the matter. 

I'm pretty sure he tweeted that because his team was placing #1 at that time and he didn't want the settings to completely change and make them have to completely re-learn the game and possibly getting worse results at the next tournament. If you asked him now, I'm pretty sure he is not in favor of Bloom

lets all stronygly belieive that all these pros will help make halo awesome again without any logical reason or proof to place such strong blieive.

sorry, let me rephraze, all we need is faith.

lets all stronygly belieive that all these pros will help make halo awesome again without any logical reason or proof to place such strong blieive.

sorry, let me rephraze, all we need is faith.

spell check?

• Upvote (+1) 1

spell check?

new mechanical keyboard fucking up my spelling ATM, so sensitive compared to the membrame keyboards i used to use.

new mechanical keyboard fucking up my spelling ATM, so sensitive compared to the membrame keyboards i used to use.

haha i see. i agree that all these pros joining 343 doesnt mean it'll be a good game, but maybe it added a slight chance? Guess we will find out.

As long as I don't see a remake of Station 9 in Halo 5 matchmaking, then I will be very grateful for this addition.

that was a dark.... dark ...dark period in competitive halo. We need to let Midship rest in piece.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only way I'll get my hopes up and get back on the halo bandwagon is if I hear john howard is working on the game. It's the only way I know there will be some sort of competitive priority within the game, not just the settings.

looking forward to some announcements/answers soon though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

haha i see. i agree that all these pros joining 343 doesnt mean it'll be a good game, but maybe it added a slight chance? Guess we will find out.

when the people who are in the control of what actually goes on don't know what the hell halo is and how to design a halo game there isn't much that can be done. only hope that they undo everything reach started and halo 4 enforced but the pros won't have any effect on this since such a decision would have been made before they were hired and even then i don't think any of the pros are actually in a position to make gameplay design choices, so fare its pretty much playtester with bravo as playlist manager. bravo can create better playlists and has beend doing a good job at that but he can't tell the design leads how to do there job and all the playtesters can do is provide feedback and hope the people who does the designing and balancing listens and knows what they're doing.

so as i said, we need faith.

Ghost actually has some good reasoning for why Halo 3 took more skill. Ogre is probably saying no bloom = no skill because of the extra bloom in CE which, in fact, did take more skill and Ryanoob is just an odd apple of the bunch but at least forms his own opinions instead of following everyone else. That's my opinion on the matter. 

Ogre2 probably said No bloom = no skill in the context of reach because on top of winning Nationals at providence, they went 43-1 between columbus and Anaheim and wanted the settings to stay the same so his team would have the biggest advantage. ZBNS was a completely different game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ogre2 probably said No bloom = no skill in the context of reach because on top of winning Nationals at providence, they went 43-1 between columbus and Anaheim and wanted the settings to stay the same so his team would have the biggest advantage. ZBNS was a completely different game. 

And that is why pros should never have a say in settings. We end up keeping S9 and Dispatch for 9 months

• Upvote (+1) 6

So who are all the halo pros working for 343 now? Neighbor, Dersky, Ghost, Bravo (not really pro). Anybody else?

FYI, Bravo was pro in Halo 1.

And that is why pros should never have a say in settings. We end up keeping S9 and Dispatch for 9 months

And 6 years of Pit Slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1