Moa

GH057ayame joins 343 Industries!

I wonder how many pros will be on the team by Halo 9?

Anyways, I'm really curious to see how well Halo 5 will cater to competitive players.

Out of all the former Halo players who got jobs at 343, if anyone deserves it, it's Ghost. I'm still not sold on Halo 5, regardless of what's in or out of the game, if they come with a bunch of sorry maps like Reach and Halo 4, it doesn't matter who's tinkering with the settings, or whether there's sprint or a competitive playlist. Without good maps, it's just going to be boring and make you want to quit after 2-3 games like Halo 4 does now. 

I do have to think out loud and wonder why Walshy was never given a job at 343. He openly said he was lobbying for it, I guess he just didn't connect with the right people. Either way, I feel that this was a huge missed opportunity by 343. Watching Walshy play on stream, you could tell he has such a vast knowledge and understanding of Halo, that it's almost like watching Yoda in a Star Wars film. 

Yeah at  the beginning of H4 he was streaming and explaining every move as he played, it was obviously tiring for him but it was so awesome hearing him talk technical about Halo. He said at one point Halo is like "speed chess with guns" I thought that was a really cool way to explain it.

I dont think Walshy wants to be a community manager or tester like the rest of the ex-Halo pros got hired as, he wants to make games and be one of the first pro gamers turned  professional game developer. I dont think being a pro gamer gives him some godly edge, but if he wants to make MP FPS that vast knowledge could translate in one way or another. He was a true student of the game and contributed to the development of the Halo meta-game so much(H2 in particular), he could apply that same dedication to learning how to make games.

Congrats to Ghost on finally getting picked up by 343i. More so than any other hire, this one has me the most excited about H5's potential.

It makes me sick that some people in the community would take shots at Ghost after the amount of time he put into making H4 remotely playable on his own time. But whatever...I'm really happy for him and I'm glad it worked out in the end.

Ghost sort of started the whole BR vs DMR argument so there's that. Just saying there's a reason why I haven't been a big fan of this guy for a while.

Anyways congrats to Ghost. Hopefully he can do some good over there.

• Downvote (-1) 6

So who are all the halo pros working for 343 now? Neighbor, Dersky, Ghost, Bravo (not really pro). Anybody else? 

One of the most full of shit post I've read in a long time.

Not really. Akuma can back me up on that too(sorry for mentioning you Akuma).

Pretty sure for everyone assumed we would be using the DMR cause of how bad the BR was.

I remember everyone was talking shit about the BR, but then Ghost made it the starting weapon and everyone jumped on the boat. Not bullshit, sorry if you disagree, but the Br vs DMR didn't happen til after he made it BR start.

Edit: I was one of those guys who wanted BR starts, but guys like Menotyou did testing on it and there was all this evidence of how bad the BR was. So everyone was pretty much saying or implying that we would be using the DMR. And it was like this for about the first month, but then out of nowhere bam, Ghost makes it BR starts regardless if what was being said on THC and then that's when BR vs DMR arguments started.

• Downvote (-1) 9

He seems to be the nicest guy ever and his contribution to Halo is mind blowing. No one deserves it better. 

Hmmm, was this the last big recruit? Ghost, Dersk, Neighbor, Bravo...Don´t they need a coach?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Pretty sure for everyone assumed we would be using the DMR cause of how bad the BR was.

I remember everyone was talking shit about the BR, but then Ghost made it the starting weapon and everyone jumped on the boat. Not bullshit, sorry if you disagree, but the Br vs DMR didn't happen til after he made it BR start.

Edit: I was one of those guys who wanted BR starts, but guys like Menotyou did testing on it and there was all this evidence of how bad the BR was. So everyone was pretty much saying or implying that we would be using the DMR. And it was like this for about the first month, but then out of nowhere bam, Ghost makes it BR starts regardless if what was being said on THC and then that's when BR vs DMR arguments started.

As someone who gave Ghost alot of shit regarding settings, he did not start the BR vs DMR debate.

"Everyone" was not talking about how bad the BR was. It was about 10 of us fighting the good fight. Damn near the whole forum hated the DMR as soon as Diesel's settings became popular.

Ghost had to make a choice between what was more competitive or what was more popular. He chose what was more popular.

• Upvote (+1) 1

the BR vs DMR debate was going on over at the old MLG forums during reach IIRC...

I remember being reading some of that.  things got pretty heated.

Stop talking out of your arse, Ghost turned H4 from nothing to something, how can you not be a fan after all he's done, as for BR vs DMR thing, there was polls and BR won outright every time, he didn't just do it in a "yolo" moment a ton of thought went into that decision
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If I remember correctly the majority of the community wanted BR starts. There was a small subsection of pro DMR players that acted like they were the majority, but for the most part the switch to BR starts in TD was a looked upon favorably.

• Upvote (+1) 1

GG = Gratz Ghost! You deserve my first post on this forum xD

You and the other Halo players who are working on 343 are our voice now. Thanks and keep working ;)

• Upvote (+1) 7

If I remember correctly the majority of the community wanted BR starts. There was a small subsection of pro DMR players that acted like they were the majority, but for the most part the switch to BR starts in TD was a looked upon favorably.

Not true, I think the final poll on the MLG forums that Ghost made had the BR and DMR within 5 points of eachother. I could be wrong. Ghost made the choice going with BRs even though he knew he would upset a big portion of the community seeing how the votes stacked up but no matter what he did, a huge group would have been mad either way. Although I disagree with BR starts, Its not fair to say Ghost started this whole DMR vs BR thing, he even tried reintroducing the DMR in v4 or v5 but the community didn't give it a shot. 

Heres to hoping hes not just another play tester.

Congrats Ghost, I hope you really enjoy this opportunity to work on the series that has been a big part of your life for a while now, I am happy for you. I hope you will still come chat with us as well as I would love to hear about how awesome the 343i studio is.

Good luck Ghost, I hope things only improve from here on out for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not true, I think the final poll on the MLG forums that Ghost made had the BR and DMR within 5 points of eachother. I could be wrong. Ghost made the choice going with BRs even though he knew he would upset a big portion of the community seeing how the votes stacked up but no matter what he did, a huge group would have been mad either way. Although I disagree with BR starts, Its not fair to say Ghost started this whole DMR vs BR thing, he even tried reintroducing the DMR in v4 or v5 but the community didn't give it a shot. 

Heres to hoping hes not just another play tester.

My mistake. Thanks for correcting me. But yeah, what I was getting at was that its not really his fault the DMR vs BR ordeal happened. Of course many were upset with him because they didn't get things their way, but I guess that's life. Overall I think he did a great job trying to cater to all the subsections in the community always getting on him about certain things, and I understood that he had to make certain decisions based on many factors. He wasn't just dealing with a bunch of Halo players, he was also dealing with 343 and the balance of what was acceptable without throwing 343 under the bus. Tough job, at least now he's working there and hopefully it's in a capacity where he is free to make those choices without consequence. 

I know people have their opinions on 343, but I think everyone has to admit that they have been much more open and receptive to feedback and have been much more supportive in general of the comp community than Bungie ever was. With the recent hires that 343 have made, all signs point to 343 trying to further that relationship.

I am still not sold on this upcoming Halo title, but I wouldn't be truthful if I said I wasn't a little more optimistic than before. At the very least we know we are getting some kind of ranking system and that with Ghost being hired, presumably a Comp playlist or gametypes at launch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ghost has exceeded any expectations of anyone I know in regards to helping the competitive community in their spare time.  I'm excited for him to have been given the opportunity to put that same energy and love of the game while also getting paid.  Congrats Ghost!!! 

We're all proud of you and I know most of us are expecting big things from you and the rest of the pros with this new Halo.  Stay true to your instincts.

343, thank you!!!

Now if only we could get this guy a job there too...    :gandhi:
#dreamteam

• Upvote (+1) 3