Moa

GH057ayame joins 343 Industries!

I like how they only hire tactful professional players/coach. Not someone who will tell them straight up that an idea is bad..sprint, bloom, ordinances, no zooming out, etc. (Tom Taylor maybe?)

With all that said...

I'm very happy for him, he is one of the nicest guys and has worked his butt off! He one hundred percent deserves this and I'm praying the future of competitive Halo is in the absolute best hands.

• Upvote (+1) 3

343i is cleverly adding some hype for their game with these hires. I'm not buying into this though. I won't be sold until I see what the actual MP looks like. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

343i is cleverly adding some hype for their game with these hires. I'm not buying into this though. I won't be sold until I see what the actual MP looks like. 

I hate how people think this is a "hype" thing. There are probably less than 2000 people who actually follow these sort of things, probably less. Honestly, if every person who knows that Ghost, Bravo, Derskey, and Mason were hired by 343i didn't buy H5, 343i honestly WOULDN'T NOTICE. I'm not saying Halo is back or its saved or whatever....but I am 100% sure that these hires aren't a ploy to get people to buy their game. That would be idiotic because there aren't enough people who have a clue about this. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Honestly, I don't care for speculating whether Ghost will have a huge impact on H5 or not. I just want to congratulate the guy. He worked very hard making the Throwdown settings and everything else, glad to see him get rewarded for it!

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hopefully Ghost won't be going for sprint again like he did with Halo 4. Now that there is time to change the game and more time for testing no sprint, but I still fell it is unlikely that will get no sprint.

Make us proud Ghost!

Halo 4 with no sprint and no former testing would be bad, really bad. It was a wise decision for him to stay kind of neutral when he was one of the bridges between the competitive community and 343i. He wanted no-sprint and he even asked Quinn for the gametype so he could test it properly.

I hate how people think this is a "hype" thing. There are probably less than 2000 people who actually follow these sort of things, probably less. Honestly, if every person who knows that Ghost, Bravo, Derskey, and Mason were hired by 343i didn't buy H5, 343i honestly WOULDN'T NOTICE. I'm not saying Halo is back or its saved or whatever....but I am 100% sure that these hires aren't a ploy to get people to buy their game. That would be idiotic because there aren't enough people who have a clue about this. 

Yeah, like they hire Josh Menke to clean the office, then all Halo pro players make Hotdogs for all employees while Quinn delHoyo is their coach on how to cook. Without saying that Tim Longo and Sparth are preparing the best plot ever on how to add First Person view in Thruster Pack and you can sprint backwards.

Is not hype, is a strategy to make a good game with talented people. What usefulness stuff they do with people who hate Halo and don't have experience with shooters? Halo 4, thats what we got.

• Upvote (+1) 4

:walshy:  is going for computer science as well and says he wants to get into game development. I think Ogre 2 is going for CS  as well but not sure...

I wonder if these ex-Halo pros like  :ghost:  actually have a career interest in the game industry or if they are just working at 343 because they love Halo and are prominent community members so 343 brought them in.

Now all we need is some pro Grifballers(ballin!) to make this the baddest game studio of the Xbox kingdom  :goat:

I believe Walshy did say at one point in an interview that he wanted to go into the game industry. I wouldn't be surprised if Ogre 2 wanted to do the same. It seems it's what a lot of pro players seem to want to do now though.

Really glad Eric will be paid for his work now, he put in so much effort in Halo 4 from settings, to community relations, etc to make it the best it could be.  Also shout out to all the guys who helped him with the throwdown settings as well, I am not 100 percent sure who all was involved but I know people helped him with spawns among other things.

Overall awesome news and im excited to see what this next game is going to look like.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Congrats to him, hopefully with all these fairly new additions we'll get a competent competitive game ootb.

Also, side note. There's a huge gap between "pro gamer" and "computer programmer", really best of luck in fulfilling all aspirations, but it does merit some thought before declaring it a life goal

Out of all the former Halo players who got jobs at 343, if anyone deserves it, it's Ghost. I'm still not sold on Halo 5, regardless of what's in or out of the game, if they come with a bunch of sorry maps like Reach and Halo 4, it doesn't matter who's tinkering with the settings, or whether there's sprint or a competitive playlist. Without good maps, it's just going to be boring and make you want to quit after 2-3 games like Halo 4 does now. 

I do have to think out loud and wonder why Walshy was never given a job at 343. He openly said he was lobbying for it, I guess he just didn't connect with the right people. Either way, I feel that this was a huge missed opportunity by 343. Watching Walshy play on stream, you could tell he has such a vast knowledge and understanding of Halo, that it's almost like watching Yoda in a Star Wars film. 

• Upvote (+1) 2