Sign in to follow this  
SH1FTY

Melting Point

Melting Point

U0GHTpU.gif?1thHT4mp.gif?1

Update: Fixed an issue where rockets would spawn below the map.

Just a little 2v2 Map I started working on a couple months ago that I finally managed to finish after forgetting about it for quite some time.

Weapons:

• Rockets - 3min
  • OS - 3min
  • BR
  • Carbine
  • Plasma's
  • Frag's

Screenshots:

Q7ERYSh.jpg?1

f5TlKfh.jpg?1

xjPLHhU.jpg?1

20TGhrd.jpg?1

Download: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/filebrowser/details/b9ed3d1a-b495-4b90-8b69-b5e117396d9b

• Upvote (+1) 5

Oh my dear lord. This map looks sexy as fuck, makes me want to forge again. Damn youuuu

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fixed an issue where rockets were spawning below them map. Also altered a soft kill zone.

Oh my dear lord. This map looks sexy as fuck, makes me want to forge again. Damn youuuu

I agree.

Shifty quit now before you spread the disease even further

I love the structural nuances you add to your maps (pillars/platforms/ledges).  The layout seems solid.  The palate/piece usage is perfect.

My only real concern is the weapons.  You have basically only an OS and Rockets, both spawning every 3 minutes.  That's an awful long wait between weapons, especially for 2v2.  Also, I can't remember which team spawns where, but one of the teams has an enormous advantage in securing the Rockets at the start of the game, while OS is pretty much equal distance from each initial spawn.  I'd suggest maybe putting something less powerful and faster spawning (60 or 90 seconds - not spawning at the start of the match) where the rockets currently are, changing OS to 2 minutes, and then putting Rockets where the Oddball spawn is.  This would create a more balanced initial rush, while also speeding up the pace of play overall.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Every day I'm on the internet I'm reminded how much I love GIFS...

Aesthetics here are really nice, something that's extremely difficult to pull off in that godawful palette. Map looks like it will flow well too! Can't give anything better then the more experienced here so I'll just tell you this:

It looks sexy as hell