Sign in to follow this  
Moa

Upcoming Changes to Ghosts - eSports and more...

Upcoming Improvements for Call of Duty: Ghosts

eSports

• Restrict Ghillie suits in competitive rules.
  • Restrict Tracker Sights in competitive rules.
  • Restrict Danger Close in competitive rules.
  • Disable third-person spectating in competitive Private Matches.
  • Add a kill feed to Broadcaster mode.
  • Address Broadcaster mode stability (squash crash bugs).

You can read the rest of the changes here.

https://twitter.com/Teanah/status/421083042824716288

Had to throw this in too.

Upcoming Improvements for Call of Duty: Ghosts

eSports

• Restrict Ghillie suits in competitive rules.
  • Restrict Tracker Sights in competitive rules.
  • Restrict Danger Close in competitive rules.
  • Disable third-person spectating in competitive Private Matches.
  • Add a kill feed to Broadcaster mode.
  • Address Broadcaster mode stability (squash crash bugs).

You can read the rest of the changes here.

https://twitter.com/Teanah/status/421083042824716288

Had to throw this in too.

I don't know why everyone is making a big deal out of Teanahs response.

If I had posted the original comment on Beyond aiming it at BS Angel for example, I would've been banned for developer bashing. The original comment was useless, nonconstructive and unnecessary and got the response it deserved.

Sure, it would've been better if she hadn't responded but I don't see the problem with her having some backbone and shutting these whingeing phaggots up.  10 minutes later she tweeted at a bunch of people and said "Thanks for the constructive feedback" and released the list of changes.

I would've loved to see BS Angel shut some of us down when we were just bashing and flaming, it reminds me of Ghostcrawler aka the GOAT community manager.

I don't know why everyone is making a big deal out of Teanahs response.

If I had posted the original comment on Beyond aiming it at BS Angel for example, I would've been banned for developer bashing. The original comment was useless, nonconstructive and unnecessary and got the response it deserved.

Sure, it would've been better if she hadn't responded but I don't see the problem with her having some backbone and shutting these whingeing phaggots up. 10 minutes later she tweeted at a bunch of people and said "Thanks for the constructive feedback" and released the list of changes.

I would've loved to see BS Angel shut some of us down when we were just bashing and flaming, it reminds me of Ghostcrawler aka the GOAT community manager.

Its clear that people are extremely unhappy with Ghosts. Was the guy out of line saying it was the most broken cod ever? Yeah, but was Teanahs response warranted? Absolutely not. A community manager calling their fans cry babies isn't a good image. It's shit community interaction.

To be honest, I'm enjoying Ghosts competitively, at that's it. These changes will definitely better the game as a whole, and I'm glad that they're showing some more investment into the game.

I still find it hilarious that Xbox One doesn't have LAN support. I kinda wish that they just end up running it on PS4, but that won't happen in a million years. Most likely will stick to 360 until it's patched on Xbox One.

Why are they "investigating" it? Is there something with the Xbox One where it doesn't like LAN?

To be honest, I'm enjoying Ghosts competitively, at that's it. These changes will definitely better the game as a whole, and I'm glad that they're showing some more investment into the game.

I still find it hilarious that Xbox One doesn't have LAN support. I kinda wish that they just end up running it on PS4, but that won't happen in a million years. Most likely will stick to 360 until it's patched on Xbox One.

Why are they "investigating" it? Is there something with the Xbox One where it doesn't like LAN?

I haven't heard anything about Xbox One not having LAN support.  I would assume that Next-Gen ghosts, or maybe all versions of Ghosts don't support it.  If it were a problem with the Xbox One then they would have no way to fix it, since Microsoft has already talked about the things it's planning to patch soon.

EDIT: I would not last one day as a community manager of anything, let alone a multimillion dollar game series.

Its clear that people are extremely unhappy with Ghosts. Was the guy out of line saying it was the most broken cod ever? Yeah, but was Teanahs response warranted? Absolutely not. A community manager calling their fans cry babies isn't a good image. It's shit community interaction.

It was clear that people were extremely unhappy with Halo 4. Was I out of line for saying it was the most broken Halo ever? Definitely, because it's useless flaming. A community manager having some balls and telling players to stop sucking their own dicks and playing the whole "I paid for this game card" is completely warranted. They are doing what they can and she is setting an example that whiners and flamers won't get anywhere. 

She put the correct attention on the players that were providing useful and constructive feedback. What is the point of having a manager of the community if they can't become part of the community? Some of the best CM's on the planet are members of the community before employees and get involved in some what would be deemed "unproffesional" banter. Its necessary for the CM position to even be relevant. 

I haven't heard anything about Xbox One not having LAN support. I would assume that Next-Gen ghosts, or maybe all versions of Ghosts don't support it. If it were a problem with the Xbox One then they would have no way to fix it, since Microsoft has already talked about the things it's planning to patch soon.

EDIT: I would not last one day as a community manager of anything, let alone a multimillion dollar game series.

I mean, I have the 360, Xbox One and PS4 versions of ghosts, and LAN Play isn't available on XBO. Only splitscreen.

With that said I'm curious as to what they're planning on doing with 2014 MLG events supposedly using XBOs.

I mean, I have the 360, Xbox One and PS4 versions of ghosts, and LAN Play isn't available on XBO. Only splitscreen.

With that said I'm curious as to what they're planning on doing with 2014 MLG events supposedly using XBOs.

huh.  Well it's clearly not that the console can't do it, if they're working on it.  Maybe the XBO version was developed last?  That's really confusing.

huh. Well it's clearly not that the console can't do it, if they're working on it. Maybe the XBO version was developed last? That's really confusing.

I mean CoD is always designed to run on Xbox the best, and the PS4 version drops frames because it tried to run it at way higher FPS than 60 so the engine keels over.

It's weird and hilarious at the same time, don't support the main console that should be use competitively, based on business deals at least.

What's the point of restricting grille suits? Do you take more damage with it on? I do think they make you easier to see.

I think these are the 2 biggest changes

• Add eSports rules to Clan vs. Clan playlist.
  • Open Clan v Clan playlist to allow solo player entry & mixed clan teams.

Finally a competitive playlist

• Upvote (+1) 3

Open Clan v Clan playlist to allow solo player entry & mixed clan teams.

So does this mean that people who search alone can match teams?

I hope it's teams match teams; individuals match individuals.

What's the point of restricting grille suits? Do you take more damage with it on? I do think they make you easier to see.

the ghille model is slightly bigger than the hitbox. So u can shoot spots at a ghille suite that wont hit since the hit box is smaller than the model.

the ghille model is slightly bigger than the hitbox. So u can shoot spots at a ghille suite that wont hit since the hit box is smaller than the model.

Thought something was off when I would shoot at people with the suits.