Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Beyond Winter Classic Discussion Thread

Guys you have to take a step back and realize this is just one tournament so far. Realize we are reading feedback and want to make this work as much as you guys want,

Use this energy to try and advertise the tourney via twitter and whatnot.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I said we would probably do one in the future. 

Also to answer your uestion - if people dont care sometimes they dont show up and all kinds of stupid things / headaches happen.  Creating a minimal paywall ($5-$10) helps eliminate unnecessary problems. 

I saw that part, just was curious in the reasoning. This was a way more logical response in my opinion than claiming a free entry tournament means the level of competition drops significantly. I've done a few online tournaments myself on games that require 6v6s. Large amounts of money would draw more players but something as small as this won't be too detrimental.

Good luck, hope you get some more teams.

There is evidence as I mentioned (if you had any reading comprehension what so ever) in that 50 teams just played in a 4v4 tournament. Yes, it was free, so cut 50% of those. There's also only 10 teams signed up, that is a solid indication that there isn't a ton of interest.

Do you know what embossed means? Your grammar and word usage is outstanding. High school must have been difficult for you.

I called you a little whore, not a whore.

I'm not one to try and start a problem among forums, but if it is so logical to have done a 4v4 tournament why don't you start one? Do the pay out like you said $5 a player; $20 a team, and see how easy it is to get players that aren't interested in getting only $200-$400( give or take the amount of teams that sign up).

I do agree with you Velo that a 4v4 tournament would be great, but I also agree with beyond entertainment to try and test the waters with this tournament.

What happened to aPK? Pretty sure he would have laid down the banhammer already.

FYI H4 2v2 would have had the most sign ups. 0_0

FYI H4 2v2 would have had the most sign ups. 0_0

There's not really a huge following for H4. I would still say H3 and Reach would pull more teams in.

King Turley will probably win this since he doesn't miss or die. #probablyonlotsofdrugs

There's not really a huge following for H4. I would still say H3 and Reach would pull more teams in.

I forgot to add /sarcasm I guess

I forgot to add /sarcasm I guess

Ah, figures. :P The 0_0 face made it seem serious. 

more people need to sign up! remember, top 4 teams get paid and by the looks of it, you have to be really bad to not get top 4...lol :)   spread the word people. 

Why bitch about the format for the tournament? This is what they're doing for this tourney. Take it or leave it. Don't be the kid who sits there and bitches because his mom made spaghetti when he wanted chicken fingers.

Why bitch about the format for the tournament? This is what they're doing for this tourney. Take it or leave it. Don't be the kid who sits there and bitches because his mom made spaghetti when he wanted chicken fingers.

But Mom...

if anyone wants to scrim the setting before the tournament message me. My GT is Hunky Hombre. Also I will stream it as well at twitch.tv/hunky_hombre

so when and how do we find out when/who we're playing? @@Saucey

Everything will be announced after registration closes tomorrow at noon.