Savagearbiter

Whats the worst thing that could be added to Halo

I think instant respawn was the worst thing possible for a game with delayed recharging shields. I don't think anything is worse than that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

a playlist where you race mongooses 

oh wait

What's wrong with that?  :blink:

rocket race = wheel chair brand of halo

imo 

Mind explaining? It's a "party" gametype. It's not meant to be a "super serious competitive" gametype even though some communities have made leagues for it. It's certainly not a bad thing to be put into Halo compared to others.

rocket race = wheel chair brand of halo

imo 

No offence, but your opinion stinks.

Do you think Grifball is a "wheel chair brand of halo" too? 

As Ryan said, it's meant to be a fun gametype, not a super serious one. No one is forcing you to play it, heck it's even better that it has its own playlist and not put into other playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably a generic one, but no ranks for the third time in a row would put me off. Not counting reach's onyx thing and halo 4's csr as a ranking system.

As Ryan said, it's meant to be a fun gametype, not a super serious one. No one is forcing you to play it, heck it's even better that it has its own playlist and not put into other playlists.

i disagree

it's an okay gametype, however it doesn't seem deserving of it's own playlist 

neither does flood, grifball, and ricochet 

they should all be consolidated 

i don't know who is responsible for organizing the playlists but that person should be fired 

• Downvote (-1) 3

Personally I'd say sprint. I'm tired of people with awful positioning always living when they shouldn't.

i disagree

i don't know who is responsible for organizing the playlists but that person should be fired 

So fuck you casual scene? 

Jeeeez, what a buzzkill.

Also, I'd prefer it if we didn't fire Bravo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i disagree

RIP Bravo

• Upvote (+1) 3

Spartan Wheelchairs? Oh right that already happened....

The scariest thing is some of the worst possible things I can think of have already been purposely implemented by Bungie/343 in HR+H4. Armor lock and PW score-streaks? WTF man....what happened?

i disagree

At least those playlist maintain population. But sure, let's take away the popular playlists because fuck them, they're not "real" gametypes.

Can't get much worse than the things they added in Halo 4, such as join in progress, perks, ordnance drops, instant respawn, etc. They will top it though somehow. Wouldn't be surprised to see aiming down the sights by Master Chief one day. 343i will go as far as saying he has simply "evolved".

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maybe spartans could randomly trip, like in SSBB.

In first person mode, your suddenly looking at the ground, unable to shoot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyone is saying that ADS is the worst thing possible and I'm sure many of you are thinking "they're not that stupid."

Now replace "ADS" with "Sprint" in the above sentence and we're back in 2009. Never underestimate the stupidity that has been brought to this series. Be ready for the worst, guys.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Maybe spartans could randomly trip, like in SSBB.

You should look into brawl plus. I have it and it runs from homebrew and overwrites things in the game. So it removes random tripping and alters damage values and speeds. Pretty much it make brawl into melee again. 

Everyone is saying that ADS is the worst thing possible and I'm sure many of you are thinking "they're not that stupid."

Now replace "ADS" with "Sprint" in the above sentence and we're back in 2009. Never underestimate the stupidity that has been brought to this series. Be ready for the worst, guys.

True, it seems like there hasn't been a good gameplay decision made since 2007 for the series MP wise. I dont know HOW you can possibly justify bloom, sprint, OP AA's, insta-respawn, PW kill-streaks getting into the DISCUSSION phase let alone making into the MP formula. HOW can you justify the complete obliteration of ranked play-lists and the horrible PR mis-cues of H4. The wheelchair Spartan picture at GDC was the height of the train-wreck to me, never before have I seen a developer display such ignorance. HOW can you justify more BTB DLC maps than 4v4 maps for a primarily 4v4 game. 343/Bungie deserve every bit of criticism they get for their irresponsible and errant direction and for literally destroying entire communities(both casual+competitive) within the game with their ignorance and arrogant aura of "We know better than you do". How do you mess up a sure thing?

I just hope Reach+H4 are not the end  of Halo MP relevancy because this franchise deserves better than to go out in a flaming mess of incompetence trying to copy its competitors and (repeatedly) giving the middle finger to the core fan-base that made it.

/rant

• Upvote (+1) 6