Automaton

Beyond Entertainment Winter Classic!

No pros have signed up as of now.  We did the poll thread H3 came out on top, now its on the community to show up.  If they dont then obv it wont happen.  If everyone shows up and the bracket fills we can run a Reach tournament, Halo 4, whatever.  People have preferences I get it.

Alright, thanks. I'm not trying to sound like a stickler over here saying that I'd win if pro's didn't play. I was just asking, because I'd feel bad anyways if they weren't able to participate simply because they were too good at the game. But at the same time, while I know that I wouldn't win, I think I'd still have the mindset that it's possible if they weren't playing. If they were, I know there wouldn't be a chance in hell.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is the thing I don't get, if the game is so good and constantly talked about why is no one ever playing or streaming it? Even with the downfall of Halo 4 no one really pushed for it besides maybe a few people here.

In all fairness Ray way more people are playing reach then Halo 3. The numbers speak for them selfs.

That being said Halo 3 won the vote so it's only fair halo 3 goes first then Reach next like if it all works out like saucy said. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hi, I just signed up, but forgot to add the description.... What should I do?

private message me the following:

The email associated with your paypal

Team name

Your Gamertag & forum username

Your teammates Gamertag & forum username 

mate u dont even have an xbox ur just trying your hardest to bash on h3.

It's the cool thing to do on this site, bash halo 3

I think H4 is literally just about inbetween H3 and Reach in terms of netcode.

I haven't nearly played as much of 3 as I did 4 but I had really really (really!) bad connections on 4. Imo 4 is closer to 3 than reach.

I think EU teams "SHOULD" be ok against NA teams, only if its 2 v 2 i think, Like I mentioned before, depends on the teams in EU, we have alot of Austrian players on the forums (those lovely DSB lads) and some others eastern europeans near italy/malta where it might stretch Reachs' net code abilities.

2s should be fine, also we're only 2 players from Austria so yeah not that much.

However I know a Romanian player that'd participate in pretty much any Halo.

Alright, thanks. I'm not trying to sound like a stickler over here saying that I'd win if pro's didn't play. I was just asking, because I'd feel bad anyways if they weren't able to participate simply because they were too good at the game. But at the same time, while I know that I wouldn't win, I think I'd still have the mindset that it's possible if they weren't playing. If they were, I know there wouldn't be a chance in hell.

I understand the thought process, but that's not the right type of mentality to have going into a tournament lol

This should be fun, 2v2s can get pretty intense. I remember the LANs we use to have back in the day in Dallas and all we would do was 2v2s. Hopefully this is a success and you guys run a 4v4, that would be cool to see.

I would like to see a team list or at least the number of teams who have signed up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even though it's 2v2, I'm excited to see a tournament for Halo. Especially Halo 3. So as a thank you to beyond entertainment, I'm gonna donate to the prize pool.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Living in Arizona rocks!

But in all seriousness will any of this be streamed?

i will be streaming my gameplay. i will be competing

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just read this thread and all I have to say is Halo 3 > Reach

By far.

If beyond is running a tournament, I'm glad that it's a Halo 3 one and I hope they continue to run Halo 3 tournaments, not Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 4

By far.

If beyond is running a tournament, I'm glad that it's a Halo 3 one and I hope they continue to run Halo 3 tournaments, not Reach.

Thanks for this.

Also, Goofy isnt the only pro that thinks this. You can honestly ask anyone besides ryanoob and they will take H3 > Reach.

Thanks for this.

Also, Goofy isnt the only pro that thinks this. You can honestly ask anyone besides ryanoob and they will take H3 > Reach.

Halo 3 > Pre-TU reach, I agree

Thanks for this.

And how many pros are playing in this?

• Upvote (+1) 1

By far.

Goofy are you still in SA?