Sign in to follow this  
Scarecrow

A simple question for you guys

I am and will forever be a halo guy, But im not planning on getting an XB1 til H5. So to help with the bordom of waiting til next year should i pick up Ghosts for 360? Ive never been a huge cod fan but i enjoyed it from time to time when i would get burnt out from halo.

I liked the MW games
I didnt really like WaW or the Blackop games.

Which is Ghosts more like if you had to choice? Also if i did get it is there plenty of ppl around here for me to play with?

Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ghosts is kinda average, borderline bad IMO

the movement and hit registration is really good, and I liked how everything felt. but running all the way across the map to find someone to kill and getting shot in the back when they spawn behind you...really just put me off.

I stopped playing about a month ago, and picked it back up today to try the new Heavy Duty game mode they came out with. I liked the changes they made, but at the end of the day a better game on a shitty map is still not that much fun.

I made a similar post awhile back( look on page 2), and the general consensus was that it's not amazing but has the potential to change with it being tied to MLG, large fan base and Dev support.

Like you, I'm a hardcore halo guy who is waiting for H5!

My suggestion is see if the majority of friends are playing and then buy accordingly. Friends make even shitty games fun lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've personally played all the Call of Duty games, even some of the pre CoD4 ones. This is one of my least favorites by far, and with Titanfall/Destiny/Halo5 coming next year, even if those games are just half decent, u'll probably see a lot of switching at least from casuals. I've talked to competitive people who have said they're gonna switch to Titanfall when it drops, and there's other games to play on the side, for fun, rather than give urself a headache with Ghosts.

Having said that I know some people who seem to really enjoy it as well so, to each his own. If u like to run around for shits and giggles just shooting anything that moves try it out.

For me personally, the lack of gun battles makes it unenjoyable, and the maps are awful even by IW standards. MW3 was 10x better than Ghosts IMO. The slide is kinda fun tho lol:) I'll be playing Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, WoW, and LoL till Titanfall, then play all of those till Destiny/Halo 5.

Hopefully I will have an FPS outlet again, but if they all tank (which I don't see happening) well then I guess it's back to PC gaming for me...until Cliffy B drops his arena shooter project:D

I loved CoD4, and MW2. I hated WAW, Blops1, and MW3.

I never played Blops2, but I know it was good for the competitive crowd.

With Ghosts, it is mediocre. I have a blast playing with my close friends in team tactical or clan wars... but it isn't much fun by yourself IMO.

Yup, I enjoy Ghosts.  Especially if you have friends to play with. 

I need friends......who play ghost lol

You should have stayed on PS4.

Nah, I didnt really like it, PS4 is still lacking in the online multiplayer aspect still imo

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am and will forever be a halo guy, But im not planning on getting an XB1 til H5. 

Same situation as me my man.

I bought Ghosts for x360 and im quite enjoying it so far, basicly all im playing is GB cause pubs is way too easy/boring.

Ghosts is a good time filler I think, from time to time it gets really frustrating cause cod=host so yeah..

I can suggest picking it up just as a time filler ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have an Xbox One w/ Ghosts.. Most of my friends dont have an xb1 yet -_-

Waiting for Titanfall brah then we back:)

I don't know if I burnt myself out playing clan wars but the game got really boring. The huge lack of skill it takes to play makes me rather play H4.

I was in the same boat as you as far as CoD series goes. Loved IW games, didn't so much like treyarch games.  WaW was fun for GB, but for pubs and others I loved CoD4, Mw2, and even enjoyed Mw3 for the most part.

Blops2 was definitely the best as far as league play and competitive play IMO.

To answer your question, Ghosts is more like MW games mainly because it was made by the same company lol

If you're looking for time to kill, its really the only FPS out there right now that people religiously play. Competitively I think the game is kinda pathetic from a spectator stand point (watching streams/MLG Columbus), but haven't played any GBs personally so can't really attest to that.  Pubs are easy and annoying since Dead Silence is broken and the awareness perk makes it incredibly easy to sound whore.  Plus annoying shit like IED's and grenade launchers and kids laying in corners with silenced weapons make it extremely frustrating at times.

If you have a good amount of friends to play team tac with, it is pretty fun to play since its 4v4, or if you can get a party of 5 or 6 people to run other pub lists with it's not bad, but other than that I only play FFA if im playing alone.  I get bored and tired of playing after about 3 or 4 games if im not playing with friends.

Overall, its your personal preference.  If you have a good amount of friends that play I would say for sure get it, or if you dont and dont mind playing alone than sure go ahead.  If you dont have a lot of friends playing and hate playing alone, the only reason i would get it is because it's the only FPS out there right now worth playing.  If that doesn't do it for you, stick to whatever you're playing now cause Ghosts won't make it much better.

Nah, I didnt really like it, PS4 is still lacking in the online multiplayer aspect still imo

Wat?

Its basicly like the 360 now on PS4. Nothing is lacking.

Xbone is lacking now behind 360.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wat?

Its basicly like the 360 now on PS4. Nothing is lacking.

Xbone is lacking now behind 360.

My opinion mate. 

i don't play very often, but when i do i play black ops 2 over ghosts...ghosts was very disappointing.