Sign in to follow this  
Mechonis

Neutral Bomb Gametype

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see neutral bomb implemented in the future?

• Yes
    • No

I'm curious to see people's opinions on this.

Currently in Halo 4 there's no real "assault" gametype. But you can modify the grifball gametype to be identical to the v4 settings.

While it may not be exactly like assault, it is similar.

The only issues I see with the gametype:

No defuse

Indicator over player with bomb

Throwing the bomb

Having an indicator isn't a huge issue considering CTF has it as well, but not being able to defuse an armed bomb and the ability to throw the bomb changes the gametype quiet a bit.

Would this ruin the gametype in your opinon? I think neutral bomb could play well on Onyx or Simplex but could be hindered by bomb throwing.

Also the score to win could be set to 5 because it would be easier to score because of no defuse.

Feel free to post your opinions or thoughts in the thread.

I didn't realize that neutral bomb wasn't in the game. I know 1 flag CTF isn't in the game. What about 1 bomb and Multi bomb? All I can say is I miss bomb and 1 flag from Halo 2 BTB.

I can do without 1 sided objective it's never been a gametype that i have enjoyed but I do love me some neutral bomb and 343 messed this up entirely. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What would be sweet, Idk if any of you played Socom, but a game mode like demolition. There is a seal side and a terrorist side, each team has a base a bomb can be planted at, each player gets one life, once the bomb gets planted the other team has around 30 seconds to get it defused, if they do defuse they win the round. Game mode was always so much fun on Socom. Socom 1 and 2 are the best games ever, miss them, back in 2003-2005. 

More gametypes to me means that I have something else to play when I'm bored of slayer. For some reason I feel like the variety of gametypes will attract more gamers that have the potential to be fans of competitive play.

What I meant by this thread is would you like to see a "neutral bomb" gametype via the grifball settings in competitive play.

It's the closest we can get to an assault gametype since Halo 4 doesn't have one.

And it's nice to have a variety of gametypes.

www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/modded-game-types.923345/  They are working on Assault and Invasion gametypes right now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Assault could work with the grifball settings if you weren't able to throw the bomb.

Is there any way to disable throwing or the distance the bomb is thrown?

The main problem I see with throwing the ball is players throwing it off the map when threatened. I'm pretty sure gravity volumes affect the ball (might be on PeteTheDuckTV's channel), so maybe that could limit the height of the ball around ledges. Maps would have to be enclosed, which would eat up budget. One solution would be to build Assault maps on the Grifball court (Erosion) and have lots of high-placed structures And downward-facing gravity volumes limiting the height/mobility of thrown balls. Another issue with this game type is that apparently (according to Psychoduck-I came up with this idea months ago) weapons cannot be placed on the map using Grifball as a base. Power weapons are not a requirement, though. The Grifball court is definitely our best bet for Assaut maps.

What I meant by this thread is would you like to see a "neutral bomb" gametype via the grifball settings in competitive play.

It's the closest we can get to an assault gametype since Halo 4 doesn't have one.

And it's nice to have a variety of gametypes.

Not quite. There's some modders creating a modding tool that create gametypes from scratch. They've already managed to create a 1-flag gametype (Not just some lame fix in forge) and many others, and are working on an Assault gametype.

If you could make this happen it would be a fantastic gametype, throwing the bomb should definatly be disabled as it would just turn into a game of rugby, or what you guys would call football, there was no greater feeling then crouching around with a bomb on zanzibar and the enemy team having no clue where you was untill they came round the corner and took a ball to the face...

many games like slayer are super fast paced and aggresive, it would bring a slightly more passive and defensive based game type and could prove to be quite fun/intresting.

• Upvote (+1) 1