CyReN

Television Discussion

I'm intrigued and hooked by Westworld already. Seems like a philosophically challenging show. I love how it immediately raises questions about our treatment of non-humans. The show seems to be going in the direction of implying that consciousness cannot be created from code alone, whereas most AI buffs seem to think that we can play god and spark consciousness in machines just my mapping and understanding the human brain (this will never happen). I love any show/film that tackles morality, the nature of reality, free will/determinism etc. and Westworld seems to have all of this in droves.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

West World is a very interesting show!

Does anyone else watch High Maintenance? The 3rd episode, "Grandpa" was just so incredibly well done! As is all the other episodes, but that one hit you in the feels so good... the love stories where the love isn't always returned are always so heartbreaking, yet fascinating and relatable.

West World is a very interesting show!

Does anyone else watch High Maintenance? The 3rd episode, "Grandpa" was just so incredibly well done! As is all the other episodes, but that one hit you in the feels so good... the love stories where the love isn't always returned are always so heartbreaking, yet fascinating and relatable.

High Maintenance (I saw the 2016 release on HBO) is a fantastic show. A very relaxing and enjoyable watch. I think watched all six episodes in a day. 

I gotta sit down one day and watch the web series too. I loved the whole actor-guys bit in the first episode.

• Upvote (+1) 1

High Maintenance (I saw the 2016 release on HBO) is a fantastic show. A very relaxing and enjoyable watch. I think watched all six episodes in a day. 

I gotta sit down one day and watch the web series too. I loved the whole actor-guys bit in the first episode.

Honestly the web series is even BETTER in my opinion(more content). Can't wait for season two of the show though, both are great. 

The Handmaid's Tale & American Gods are must-watch series right now. The Handmaid's Tale is a given (Elisabeth Moss anything is a given, but this show is killing it in all aspects), but American Gods is definitely more suited towards pre-existing fans of Bryan Fuller who miss Hannibal. Not that you shouldn't check it out if you never got around to Hannibal tho. + Ian McShane, duh

Glow is brilliant, I'm 6 episodes in and it's just been such a great time so far. The characters are so endearing that I'm legit cheerful when they're trying their hardest to succeed, regardless of wether they actually do or not. It has me all sappy like that

It's also hilarious, has really good drama, and Marc Maron essentially playing himself. Def recommend it