bman

NBA Thread

cant wait for the playoffs to start!  D rose finally overcame lebron and the cavs...warriors/bulls should be a good match up, may be underdogs but dont count us out yet!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sucking on Fentanyl lollipops and mainlining Ketamine at the same time is very dangerous, please be careful!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Jordan was the best of his era. Lebron is the best of this era. There's no denying that, which should be enough. They definitely don't care, it's us spectators that need something to bicker about. It's like arguing politics or religion. No one's mind is being changed and no one wins. Pick your side and move on. Living in the past is unhealthy.

Only one time in his career did Lebron lose in the conference finals... and literally what more could he have done in that 2009 series against Orlando? Air France had more points in that series than the Cavs entire bench combined and Bron averaged like 38 8 and 8 if I remember correctly...

Think about this for a second before you just say Warriors win this series. Harrison Barnes averaged 20 ppg this year in Dallas. Andrew Bogut was the only thing stopping Lebron from living in the painted area when they played in years past. (I do not care what happened in the NBA regular season) the cards aren't shown until the finals, and Lebron will once again live in the paint.

If Draymond green doesn't turn in his best performance every single game, I don't think the warriors win. Durant vs Lebron and Steph vs Kyrie have on sided history... Kyrie has absolutely owned curry in the finals and Lebron has ALWAYS owned Durant... so to me it comes down to two things. Does Kevin Love and will Draymond Green? There's your X factor.

Klay Thompson could theoretically throw a wrench in my theory and go off for a game or two as well, after all he is due... but to me that gets equalized by the style of play. Cavaliers shoot the three with just as much volume and efficiency.

Another thing to look out for in this matchup is Tristan Thompson vs Zaza, and this is why I say Cavs in six games. They will split the first two and win every home game and I think Tristan/Love controlling the boards (as well as Lebron) will be the difference.

I'm not going to buy any of the well the east sucks garbage either. The teams GS beat sucked too. The NBA is a two team league, and only one of them has the goat.

I gave up on betting against Lebron years ago, and I'm not gonna bet against him next week either. Cavs in six. Lebron is the best basketball player to ever live.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shit who else is excited for the NBA season to start tonight? I've got Cavs in six but I'm hoping for a seven game series. After all, it is a shortened season! 

kyrie is a fake star...I love how people are talking about him moving on or becoming the guy when lebron retires, LOL the cavs would be 20 games under .500 with him as their best player...fucking plebs get caught up with the fancy dribbles and finishes and dont look at how shitty he is at everything else

So then why do you hold it against Lebron for being on the second best team in the finals just because Jordan never was?

Literally by far the best team in all six finals, otherwise at least one of them would have gone to a seventh game. Six expansion teams were added during his prime, and when the Pistons/Lakers/Celtics got too old, he took over the league.

The same way Lebron would be doing right now if not for the best power forward ever, the best coach ever, and Kawhi + the warriors super team dynasty.

I know it's an opinion, and mine didn't change last night, and yours won't if the Cavs end up winning... but still I think it's okay to think my eyes aren't lying and that Lebron is the best I've ever seen, just overall impact, athletic ability, IQ, he basically does everything Jordan did but better, and yea that includes scoring... I know today isn't the best day to argue Lebrons case but I figure why not double down now since it's so easy for Jordan apologists to explain themselves a day after Lebron loses a finals game.

It's true I did see him play, and lose to the magic. So did Lebron.

Kobe never lost to the magic!!!!

/debate

If the Warriors won the championship last year, they're crowned the greatest team of all time.

If they win the championship this year while going 16-0 in the playoffs... they're probably going to be crowned the greatest of all time.