bman

NBA Thread

Didn't Mo average like 2pt 1 reb on 22% shooting or something?

You didn't want to be playing any of them, but Kerr got to that point using his entire squad.

Bench guys like Barbosa and Livingston won them/kept them in games early on.

Didn't work out there when he thought they needed the size.

Him not going back to barbosa or only playing Livingston 16 minutes was mind boggling.

Gotta be one of his worst coached performances

For those of you that think MJ is the best, did you even see him play? or just watch space jam? Cause I saw him play in person, and Lebron is better. You can't use the Finals record, it's irrelevant. Lebron is better because he just is. He would have went 6-0 in the Finals with Pippen/Rodman/Grant/Kukoc/Kerr too, and especially in watered down 90s.

Plus, Jordan lost all the fucking time prior to the Finals, lets hold it against Lebron for not losing in the eastern conference playoffs quite as often? I don't think so... he's hater proof now, just like Brady. You can hold your opinions, but I'll have a strong argument towards mine.

you kno if mj played with these rules lebron played with he would average 40 a game right?
  • Downvote (-1) 1

you kno if mj played with these rules lebron played with he would average 40 a game right?

You mean against tougher defense??

Good 1

MJ would struggle more in this era than any other because of his inability to shoot the ball from deep. 

This lebron title equates for me to mj's first when he finally overcame the pistons and then beat the lakers. Maybe if lebron does this 3 more times I'll consider him up there with mj

bro the NBA was the worst it has ever been in the 90s, the only people who think otherwise are bulls fans and players that played against Michael Jordan... they need to lie to themselves to make losing to him over and over seem easier.

Way more athleticism and shooting at every position... there were like 10 super legit 3 point threats in the 90s, Dennis Scott and Reggie Miller are the only two I can think of. 

Jordan did average like 40 ppg in the playoffs though didn't he? dude idk I don't want to discredit Jordan I just think that LeBron is the best all around talent I've ever seen. No offense 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You mean against tougher defense??

Good 1

MJ would struggle more in this era than any other because of his inability to shoot the ball from deep.

DuDe HoW woulD mj hVe scoRed oN bRoKen BaCk iGGy or KlAy???

Not saying Jordan isn't the best pure scorer, he is... the fact that he could dominate like that w/o a 3 point shot says it all, but just look at the way Lebron won these finals, dominating every category, both ends of the floor... motivating his team when they were down, never letting them give up... Jordans championship teams never really faced any adversity. When they lost to the Magic, they were playing w/o Grant or Dennis Rodman (he still played for San Antonio) so I mean what else do you want Lebron to do?

Yes lebron had a very impressive finals where he essentially won his first stand alone title. People think pippen was a top 50 player his whole career or something. Mj caried them just like lebron did and he didnt have kyrie there in game 7 to win it for him

DuDe HoW woulD mj hVe scoRed oN bRoKen BaCk iGGy or KlAy???

Iggy is a better defender than anyone MJ ever played against by a long shot. 

It isn't how he would have scored against them. It is how would he have scored against the team defense that the NBA plays now. The rules of the 90s allowed for MJ to play way more 1 on 1 than he'd ever get to play in this era. 

He'd still be great, but the idea that he would be better in this era is laughable. 

Yes lebron had a very impressive finals where he essentially won his first stand alone title. People think pippen was a top 50 player his whole career or something. Mj caried them just like lebron did and he didnt have kyrie there in game 7 to win it for him

Pippen was a top 5 player during all 6 of their runs and more in line with a top 3 player during most of them. 

Regarded as a much better player than Kyrie ever has been. 

MJ is the best player of all time, but LeBron is putting himself in the discussion as a top 3 player right now and he still has a lot of career to go. 

And at the very least we can admit that just based on basketball skills and what someone can do on a court alone. They are incredibly close as basketball players.

MJs career is over, Lebron still has plenty of years left (I think people underestimate how much in the tank he really has left) and when all is said and done, this might not even really be a debate. 

From a basketball standpoint, you can't watch Lebron and really not appreciate him, being mentioned in the same breath as Jordan is a level of respect that I think he's earned and there's nothing wrong with that.

If LeBron played w Jordans rules he would have averaged 50

• Upvote (+1) 1

Discussion went from best team of all time to best player of time real quick.

How crazy things can turn

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea and if Lebron doesn't get that block or Kyrie the three pointer we are talking about how Lebron is 2-5 and the Warriors were the ones to pull off one of the best comebacks in the series prior to winning 89 games and the championship.

Discussion went from best team of all time to best player of time real quick.

How crazy things can turn

And both are equally pointless.

One day we may be able to compare players to the GOAT, but until then I guess a Jordan comparison is the best we can do.

If Lebron played with Pippen his entire career he would be chasing Sam Jones for rings.

MJs career is over, Lebron still has plenty of years left (I think people underestimate how much in the tank he really has left) and when all is said and done, this might not even really be a debate. 

From a basketball standpoint, you can't watch Lebron and really not appreciate him, being mentioned in the same breath as Jordan is a level of respect that I think he's earned and there's nothing wrong with that.

You'd have to burn the 2011 nba finals tape to even get close to jordan's jock strap of greatness.

lol okay buddy one bad series doesn't define an entire 15 year period of basketball, but I guess being a Bulls fan makes it easy for us to not take that opinion serious anyway. 

I am very excited for the NBA draft coming up here tomorrow. As a die-hard Celtics fan I really hope the Celtics decide to keep that pick and draft a guy like Jaylen Brown or Kriss Dunn. It just seems like the Celtics won't be able to move the pick for an All-Star, or even a proven NBA vet.