bman

NBA Thread

I know, We know longer have to worry about his moronic substituting patterns and him benching one of the best defenders in the league in the forth quarter. And maybe now we can actually develop a backup pg .

Memphis won't be any better than a 5 or 6 seed.

That's what they were this year, and got to the conference finals, so that's not saying much

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know, We know longer have to worry about his moronic substituting patterns and him benching one of the best defenders in the league in the forth quarter. And maybe now we can actually develop a backup pg .

He benches Tony cause he's an offensive liability.

That's what they were this year, and got to the conference finals, so that's not saying much

Got to the conference finals cause Westbrook got hurt. Then got swept.

Doubt they will be a top 3 seed

Spurs, Thunder, Warriors, Clippers and Rockets will all be better

Yeah i mean i'll for sure take Thunder, Warriors, and Clippers winning more games throughout the season and be your respective 1-2-3 seeds in the West, but Memphis is built for the playoffs, and i'll take them over the Warriors, and the Thunder in a 7 game series

Keep in mind, OKC wasn't looking that good WITH Westbrook throughout the season (at least not as good as they looked the previous season). They would have had their word cut out for them against Spurs and Griz. 

Rockets i think it is more then fair to say we have to wait and see them play. I'm affraid they will loose some depth having to bring in Dwight, and i personally believe Dwight is extremely overrated and doesn't respond well to pressure, which he is gonna have a lot of this next season.

Also Dwight (reportedly) said he doesn't wanna be Kobe's side kick. Well he is gonna be Harden's sidekick so i don't understand his reasoning there

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree. Dwight will be the 2nd best player in Houston, but depending on how their team works they could be a duo or just be two stars awkwardly trying to play together. His post game needs improvement, and I think he went to Houston partly because of Mchale and Dream to improve. What Shaq said was partially a dig and partially true. I don't think he enjoyed the pressure of LA.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He benches Tony cause he's an offensive liability.

True, But i would rather him be on the court and locking down the other teams best player. Especially when the Grizz have the lead in the 4th.

Got to the conference finals cause Westbrook got hurt. Then got swept.

Doubt they will be a top 3 seed

Spurs, Thunder, Warriors, Clippers and Rockets will all be better

The Grizzlies had a winning record against OKC in the reg season, The only game they dropped was right after all the trades and the Grizz had like 7 or 8 players. And i dont think anyone is saying they will be a top3seed, They werent even in the top 4 last years.

.....Sooooooo about the same as they were last year

Dwight Howard is the best center in the NBA and the Lakers FAILED to resign him because of their inadequacies as a franchise

The Dwightmare? last time I checked the Lakers were the ones who mismanaged this situation, suprisingly Howard has handled this well. I don't blame him for not wanting to stay in LA. They failed to provide him with a winning team and also failed to hire the coach that Dwight wanted, Phil da Goat

Any team would be lucky to have someone who is capable of putting up 20 and 14 night in and night out. Anyone who wants to get rid of that is a moron. get it?

You say that like you have a fucken clue on what you are talking about.  Just like Shaq stated, being on the Lakers is not an easy thing when you have the spotlight on you.  Dwight had to live up to the greatest Centers in NBA history... Chamberlain, Kareem and Shaq... And he failed.  Phil Jackson was never coming back, and I blame the complete ignorance of anyone who thought so.  Phil had two of the greatest NBA Championship runs and left to live the rest of his life comfortably.  Even as much as I would love Phil to come back, I don't want to see him as a Head Laker Coach, this man deserves to live the rest of his life comfortably and in peace.. What he has done, no Coach has done before.

Of course Lakers didn't want to get rid of Howard, but Howard didn't want to step up and fill in the shoes that the greatest centers in NBA history have before.  

If you look back at some news articles when Howard got injured, you'd realize that by the comments Howard was feeling a lot of pressure.  This pressure causes a lot of stress and makes people play through injuries, where they wouldn't have to in other teams.  Just like Kobe has scored 40+ points with broken fingers.

Howard couldn't live up to the greatest Centers in Laker/NBA history, and he will be known for that.  Lakers need a center who can continue the franchises history of the greatest players in the game.

They got to the conference finals because they played a injured thunder team

If westbrook was there, thunder wouldve won.

Thunder, Spurs, Rockets, Warriors, Clippers will all be better than the Grizz this year... Havok is right, and that's not a knock on Memphis, but they did overachieve last year so their fans might set a little bit too high of expectations.

Lol we haven't even seen the Rockets play a game yet. Wasn't everyone saying before the start of last season that the Lakers were gonna win the title? Dwight is extremely overrated, and just like Shaq and many other people are saying, he doesn't respond well to pressure. And he is gonna have all eyes on him next season. That team is gonna loose depth by bringing him in.

Lets stop talking about regular season seeding, it really doesn't mean nothing. A healthy Memphis team vs a healthy Houston team in a 7 game series, who wins? Memphis.

Dwight Howard isn't overrated, he's just getting attention for all the wrong reasons. He's still by far the best center in the NBA, when healthy, and motivated... now he's got both of that coming into the season with Houston. James Harden is probably better than Kobe at this point anyway, so it was the right move for him and his career. 

I'll 100% guarantee the Rockets have HCA in the first round of the playoffs this year. 

The Grizzlies had a winning record against OKC in the reg season, The only game they dropped was right after all the trades and the Grizz had like 7 or 8 players. And i dont think anyone is saying they will be a top3seed, They werent even in the top 4 last years.

.....Sooooooo about the same as they were last year

Jaywiggles claimed them as a top 3 team. Top 3 team would be top 3 seed.

Since when have regular season records ever meant anything come playoff time. Most of their games were close and the Thunder missing their second best player

Thunder easily advance to WCF with a healthy Westbrook... probably wouldn't beat the Spurs without Harden going off like he did the year before, but Westbrook and Durant alone would have avoided a sweep.

@Havok I was never talking about seeding, you misunderstood me. I am talking in terms of just the best teams. Memphis won't be a top 3 team in terms of seeding, but I am not gonna be surprised if they get to the western conference finals

And I clearly posted that before you even made your post lol...

They got to the conference finals because they played a injured thunder team

If westbrook was there, thunder wouldve won.

Like i said Memphis wouldve swept the Thunder in the reg season if they wouldnt of had to play right after all the trades. (They played before Memphis got its players back)

Thunder, Spurs, Rockets, Warriors, Clippers will all be better than the Grizz this year... Havok is right, and that's not a knock on Memphis, but they did overachieve last year so their fans might set a little bit too high of expectations.

What if D12 back still gives him problems? What if Curry's ankle injuries keep bothering him? What if Westbrook has a problem coming back? Lots of things play a factor once the season starts.

Well im from Memphis so i have a good sense to how the fanbase here is, And i dont think many Memphis are just "expecting" A return trip to the WCF next year. Hoping yes, Expecting No

Thunder easily advance to WCF with a healthy Westbrook... probably wouldn't beat the Spurs without Harden going off like he did the year before, but Westbrook and Durant alone would have avoided a sweep.

Easily?  Memphis took them to a game 7 a couple years ago and thats when the had Harden off the bench. So saying easily i think is a slight to the Grizzlies, Would they have won with Westbrook? We will never know. I myself think the Grizzlies would still have got it done.

Westbrook is criminally underrated as a superstar. I could even argue that he's more important to the Thunder than Durant. Not saying he's a better basketball player, but in terms of value, he brings a killer instinct that I believe Durant lacks. We'll see though I can only see both of them getting better and better... sky is the limit for them, which is why I say they will easily get to the WCF every year with them healthy. 

What DH brings to the game is power and D. This past year didn’t show due it to rehab and confusion. If he is better of an Astro, so be it.

@WojYahooNBA: The Denver Nuggets have reached agreement on a three-year, $15 million deal with free agent J.J. Hickson, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Good sign, nice to have depth in that position that isn't Koufus

Chris Kaman, Lakers have mutual interest. Carmelo Anthony is meeting Kobe in LA right now. 

No. Possible he comes to the Lakers in 2014 when he is a F/A though. They met for dinner apparently. 

Chris Kaman. One year deal. Not long term. Keeps 2014 still freed up. Great signing.