bman

NBA Thread

In other news, I am putting together the Mock Draft right now, so let me know what teams you want. 

First come first serve and then we will fill it out with people picking twice.

I am picking for Portland. 

Thunder

He's 24 and just put up 10-10 during his first playoff run with some of the best big man D you'll see in the league with the direction it's going. His value in the PnR and near the rim coupled with his ability to hit the glass is incredibly valuable.  

If Deandre is going to get paid... TT is getting paid. And this Cavs team is the perfect situation for him just like LAC is the perfect situation for Deandre. 

What kind of depth provides them more value than Thompson? All the Cavs need is health. If healthy they look like this

Irving/Delly

Shump/Smith

LeBron/Jones

Love/Varejao

TT/Mozgov

That team doesn't need anymore depth. 

4 of those guys should no part of any "depth", ever. Delly, despite the idiotic hype for a few games, is a bottom of the barrel NBA player. Shouldn't be a 2nd string anywhere. Shump/Smith kind of really exposed themselves this finals as being the same idiots they were in NY. JR is JR, and Shump is a one dimensional player. He is an absolute tragedy to watch on offense. Varejao has always been an injury liability and idk if you remember, he ruptured his achilles and he's a 32 year old big man, He's most likely not going to provide valuable minutes much any more. I mean that's just fine and dandy if you're really invested in playing the great Kendrick Perkins.

4 of those guys should no part of any "depth", ever. Delly, despite the idiotic hype for a few games, is a bottom of the barrel NBA player. Shouldn't be a 2nd string anywhere. Shump/Smith kind of really exposed themselves this finals as being the same idiots they were in NY. JR is JR, and Shump is a one dimensional player. He is an absolute tragedy to watch on offense. Varejao has always been an injury liability and idk if you remember, he ruptured his achilles and he's a 32 year old big man, He's most likely not going to provide valuable minutes much any more. I mean that's just fine and dandy if you're really invested in playing the great Kendrick Perkins.

I could agree with you on Delly and Varejao as even in his role Delly was a mess as a back up this year, but he really doesn't see the floor a lot when the best 3 guys are at full strength. The idea that Shump and JR aren't part of any depth is fucking asinine though. They were both incredible pieces when they weren't thrust into roles that don't suit their games. When they were able to pay their roles with Irving and Love healthy they were great pieces for what looked to be the best team in the NBA for a stretch. 

Varejao is a question mark, but is an above average big when he is playing that doesn't rely on great athleticism to be effective. 

Who knows what kind of verterans they will go add in the offseason. Matt Barnes is already being rumored to be interested, as well as a few other guys. 

Not signing Thompson is a mistake for this team. He's the exactly the kind of piece they need and is continuing to develop. 

LeBron is not going to Cleveland

your predictions have been pretty spot on so far

I could agree with you on Delly and Varejao as even in his role Delly was a mess as a back up this year, but he really doesn't see the floor a lot when the best 3 guys are at full strength. The idea that Shump and JR aren't part of any depth is fucking asinine though. They were both incredible pieces when they weren't thrust into roles that don't suit their games. When they were able to pay their roles with Irving and Love healthy they were great pieces for what looked to be the best team in the NBA for a stretch. 

Varejao is a question mark, but is an above average big when he is playing that doesn't rely on great athleticism to be effective. 

Who knows what kind of verterans they will go add in the offseason. Matt Barnes is already being rumored to be interested, as well as a few other guys. 

Not signing Thompson is a mistake for this team. He's the exactly the kind of piece they need and is continuing to develop. 

We're never going to agree on JR and Shump, though I was a little harsh on Shump. He's a good defender and his offense hides more with Love and Kyrie healthy, but 2 way playerds are on the rise and being able to do both is growing more important.

True Varejao doesn't rely on athleticism, he relies on energy. That's going to be probably pretty tough to sustain when you lost your ability to move like he did before.

I didn't say they shouldn't sign Thompson, but he's going to want a ton more money than he deserves. He will probably want a max.

Cavs could sign the great underappreciated Ekpe Udoh.

He is actually a rumored target along with Mo Williams. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

would be shrewd. 

The Cavs need 2 sign a 3rd ball handler because if Kyrie gets injured their secondary ball handler is JR Smith lol

the godfather

In other news, I am putting together the Mock Draft right now, so let me know what teams you want. 

First come first serve and then we will fill it out with people picking twice.

I am picking for Portland.

@@Scarecrow and I holding it down for Memphis. I'll take another unclaimed one if need be.

How ironic, back in 2007 people were shitstaining Mo Williams for being a scrub and lebron carried him now they want him back after being shown to be a productive player.