bman

NBA Thread

Clippers called Celtics today, offered a future 1st round pick for rights to coach Doc Rivers and sides near agreement, source tells Y!

Basically

BM2WGPaCIAAXhdJ.png

This is basically the same thing but it obviously is not the entire story

BFvL2_TCIAAA8Bn.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2003 draft

1. Lebron James

2. Darko Milicic

3. Carmelo Anthony

4. Chris Bosh

5. Dwayne Wade

BNeHb44CIAECE3v.jpg

Someone sent up the LeBron signal. 

That timeline should prolly go off years in NBA

I'll tell you why it shouldn't. Basketball primes don't happen based on the years you have played in the NBA, but are based around your age. These guys all reach their physical and mental primes around the same ages. By saying it should go by years in the NBA, you are giving Jordan a huge 3 year head start to both grow physically and mentally that you aren't giving to guys who came out of high school or even after 1 year in college. I, personally, don't see how THAT is fair. 

I can understand why people get frustrated though. Obviously, LeBron has had a few more opportunities to accomplish those feats than Jordan, but we seem to forget that Jordan came into the NBA a lot more ready to play than LeBron did at 18 years old. So it is a little bit of give and take here. Something to remember.

Basically

Oudated picture number 1

This is basically the same thing but it obviously is not the entire story

Outdated picture number 2

Stop posting outdated and misleading pictures please. Thanks!

Especially the Kobe one that paints a completely incorrect picture. I can live with the Jordan one because at least it still holds some water, but that Kobe one is just 100% false. 

Someone sent up the LeBron signal. 

I'll tell you why it shouldn't. Basketball primes don't happen based on the years you have played in the NBA, but are based around your age. These guys all reach their physical and mental primes around the same ages. By saying it should go by years in the NBA, you are giving Jordan a huge 3 year head start to both grow physically and mentally that you aren't giving to guys who came out of high school or even after 1 year in college. I, personally, don't see how THAT is fair. 

Stop posting outdated and misleading pictures please. Thanks!

Especially the Kobe one that paints a completely incorrect picture. I can live with the Jordan one because at least it still holds some water, but that Kobe one is just 100% false. 

I said the Kobe one was misleading, I just said this is basically the same thing. Even though the stats are true, it doesn't show the whole story. You should go by years for the Jordan one, because if you go by age then Lebron has a 3 year advantage in terms of opportunities to win MVPS/Rings

I said the Kobe one was false, I just said this is basically the same thing. Even though the stats are true, it doesn't show the whole story.

You did not say it is false. Might want to reread your post or at the very least reword it. 

The stats aren't correct. LeBron is 28 right now and those are not anywhere close to his playoff numbers. It omits 2 entire playoff runs. 

http://bkref.com/pi/shareit/Wz21e

Nice edit. 

I'll take that point down too though. If it is misleading, why post it? All it does is spread misinformation. 

I was showing an example of the Lebron vs Jordan at age 28 in terms of Kobe vs Lebron. It's not fair to show age comparisons because it does not show the whole story. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

Also, just so everyone has this straight. 

LeBron and MJ both made their first trip to the playoffs at 21 years of age. Representative of what kind of situation they came into. 

I was showing an example of the Lebron vs Jordan at age 28 in terms of Kobe vs Lebron. It's not fair to show age comparisons because it does not show the whole story. 

BUT ALL THE INFORMATION IS WRONG IN THE KOBE vs LEBRON one. 

At least the Jordan and LeBron on at 27 has accurate information. The information in the Kobe vs LeBron one is completely and undeniably false. I posted the link that shows that LeBron at 28 has way different numbers than that picture is showcasing. 

In comparing age stats, the amount of playoff games played should also be put into factor. MJ didn't get into the second round until age 24.

BUT ALL THE INFORMATION IS WRONG IN THE KOBE vs LEBRON one. 

At least the Jordan and LeBron on at 27 has accurate information. The information in the Kobe vs LeBron one is completely and undeniably false. I posted the link that shows that LeBron at 28 has way different numbers than that picture is showcasing. 

I know it's wrong.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Even Kobe carried the squad coming off the bench to the second round.

Clippers, Celtics are agreeing upon a 2015 unprotected first-round pick, league source tells Y! Rivers, Clippers still finalizing contract.

Idk why Kobe even gets brought up. LeBron had already passed him in the best of all time list

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk why Kobe even gets brought up. LeBron had already passed him in the best of all time list

Their careers are not even over... Lebron hasn't passed him in career accomplishments, and that's usually what G.O.A.T lists are composed of.

Lebron has been better than Kobe since 2004. 

NOT WHEN STEVE NASH WON MVP AND KOBE DID.