bman

NBA Thread

A lot of the greats from my childhood have retired this year, sad times

announcing retirement from nba thread due to lack of scalzo.  goodnight and see red.

sweet, now we just need venky to leave and we will be all set

announcing retirement from nba thread due to lack of scalzo. goodnight and see red.

Goodnight my prince.

announcing retirement from nba thread due to lack of scalzo.  goodnight and see red.

u will be back. prob before rose

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

T-Mac is one of my favorite players of all time. Followed his career, even when he was in China this summer. I just wish he would have got some playing time while in San Antonio, but I guess the journey holds more for T-Mac. Still hope he still plays for China, because he was electrifying last year and it just brought back a lot of nostalgia with the elevation he would get on some of his dunks. A part of my childhood was lost yesterday with the retirement of T-Mac, and it just amazes me on how 4-5 years pass by so quickly. 4-5 years ago T-Mac was a literal stud at 29, and I was still in high school. Now, T-Mac is 34 and retired, and I am just about to finish college. 

Really wish T-Mac gets a job at ESPN or TNT as a broadcaster though.... He has a lot of knowledge about the game and he is very well spoken

That post isn't sentimental enough for this thread. We needed video of you tearing up and writing inyour diary to accompany it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Overall grade and accomplishments: B+

It's hard to really judge a team like the Magic for their offseason. They have a plan, and they're trying to stick to it. Hennigan has been tasked with rebuilding post-Dwight, and within that, he has to find new franchise pieces, acquire assets and look to create flexibility.

Here's why I love their quiet, yet effective offseason: I think they got the best player in the draft. Oladipo could be the star from this draft, the player that's a household name in four years that's about to lock down a max extension. He's got all the tools, the work ethic, the motor, the mental makeup, the athleticism, the room to grow. He reminds me so much of Russell Westbrook when he was coming out of UCLA. A physical freak known for his defense that just had to get his offense to catch up.

The rest of what Orlando did was quiet, but that's because Hennigan needs to see what he has. Harris showed strong signs last season, Vucevic could be a quality starting center and Harkless progressed nicely. But it's hard to know if those young players are actually going to turn into the pieces you build your roster around. With a youthful core, you've got to play things slow a bit, while relying on your internal development process.

http://ow.ly/2zuhJC

Great read, really looking forward to seeing our team grow into something special in a few years, perhaps less if we can continue to draft well and encourage some free agents to sign.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Dance my puppets.

Beasley needs to go back to the Heat. Blaze with LeBron.