bman

NBA Thread

It’s just an unfair comparison to Jordan because modern medicine and the standard of the nba has risen dramatically.

If lebron was born around the same time as Jordan there’s absolutely no way he’d be the freight train that he is. Probably would be bigger than the average nba player though because you wouldn’t need to be any bigger. Vice versa is probably true that if Jordan was born and played in today’s game he’d be a bigger size and probably practice much more of his 3 point game because that’s what the nba calls for atm.

Work ethic on both is insane, and they both dominated their respective leagues and metas.

If Jordan was in the league today he'd be better, but if LeBron was in the 90s he'd be worse. 

Fucking kill me LOL. This is the worst take of all time. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Jordan was in the league today he'd be better, but if LeBron was in the 90s he'd be worse.

Fucking kill me LOL. This is the worst take of all time.

No, that’s not what I meant. It’s just how humanity works. It’s no secret that athletes are stronger and faster than ever before. Therefore, it’s going to take more to become the best today.

How do I compare this...ok. Like league of legends. 4-5 years ago people weren’t as good and the game wasn’t as defined so in order to become a god during that time you just had to wave manage properly and be mechanically sound.

Compare that to today’s league, everyone is having decent mechanics and managing waves decently as well. So now not only are you doing all this, but now you have to find other ways to separate yourself. Does that make sense? So lebron in his current form now would not be the case imo currently because there would be no factors that would be pushing him to become even greater in Jordan’s era.

Lebron - Best all around player of all time.

Jordan - Best scorer of all time. No debate. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem with that argument is that lebron does all of the things Jordan did but better and at a taller height and bigger weight. What lebron is doing is unprecedented and will not be duplicated, ever. Jordan was almost mirrored exactly by Kobe in ring count and play style. We won’t see another LeBron James. With that said, because it’s an opinion one way or another you can say either one is the goat and you’re not really wrong. Just gonna leave it at that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nonsensical tweet in general.  Applying hyperbole in a tweet or short statement in general isn't an intelligent way of expressing your opinion and therefore holds little, if any validity.  Just some biased trash per usual on twitter.  Oh look a statistic that supports my skewed ideas!

comparing eras doesnt make much sense imo, the thing with lebron is he will NEVER have 6 rings (he's only won 1 and bought 2 neways lul) and people value winning more than statistics so rekt/10

This is the ***** generation   -(edit: D - O - W - N - Y) 

6x more soft 

Lebron would have gotten bounced out of jordans era with his bitch assness

@@amo819, why is a fabric softener censored? you guys tide fans? 

The NBA has changed, the analytics are forcing teams to play more efficient basketball and that does probably play a huge factor in the numbers presented, but it's a team sport. Lebron wasn't always on the best team when he got past the East. Likely a loser in 2009 and 2010 had he gotten past Orlando/Boston. Does that mean Kobe is better than him? 

Also had Jordan not retired he could've won eight in a row, but what if he got to the finals both times and lost to Hakeems Rockets, who were eventual Champions against Knicks/Magic. Is Jordan really the goat if he's 6-2 in Finals and only losses coming against the undoubted second best team of the decade? 

Either way I saw both of them play in person and my opinion is Lebron is the best basketball player I've ever seen. Just my opinion though. 

Hypothetically Lebron will play six to eight more years like this, which should result in seven or more rings by the time it's all said and done. If he doesn't beat them this year, why wouldn't Lebron just go to Rockets and beat the Warriors every year after that?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The NBA is the lamest professional sports league in America.  Professional table tennis is more entertaining.  Do they play the final 5 minutes of every game in slow motion or is there just that many whistles?

All you do in the NBA is buy a championship team and you get to the finals.  There's like 1-2 teams that you can pretty much get winning odds on for the championship in Vegas... before the season even starts.  LMAO

why don't they make a new league where everyone plays for their own championship and then the 2 teams that bought all the players just play each other for the entire season?

and of course I open this thread and it's the fucking "Lebron vs. Jordan debate" again.  What a bunch of fucking faggots in here.

NHL >

@@Cypress numbers don't lie, people love watching the NBA and that is with not a single conference semi going more than five games lol

Penguins, Blackhawks, and Kings account for eight of the last nine Stanley Cups, FYI. 

Basketball player making 100 million / year:  slightly stretched vagina tendon in game 7 of playoffs = out for season.

Hockey player making league minimum:  broken neck during meaningless game = doesn't miss shift, scores game winner in 3rd OT.

Basketball player making 100 million / year:  slightly stretched vagina tendon in game 7 of playoffs = out for season.

Hockey player making league minimum:  broken neck during meaningless game = doesn't miss shift, scores game winner in 3rd OT.

whats the difference between a hippie chick and a hockey player? 

A hockey player will take a shower after 3 periods

• Upvote (+1) 3

cypress dont show ur fucking face in here again, go suck off hewys filthy canadien ass u little bitch

• Upvote (+1) 3

Cavs in six, Warriors in five.

The nba is like pregnancy. You conceive and then nine months go by and you have a baby, already know you’re gonna name it warriors cavs.