bman

NBA Thread

AD got outplayed and outclassed last night. Don’t even need curry this series either.

Series doesn’t start until the road team wins. The bucks Celtics series never even started.

the games are so intense. love it

You mean all the blowouts and 3-0 leads in the conference semis? Yea man so intense! Lol

Hockey playoffs proving once again why they’re better, at least throughout.

I’ll still take a lebron vs warriors finals over anything hockey.

• Downvote (-1) 1

and if i were the raptors i would trade derozen and lowry because they're never going to win anything and probably wont even make a finals...this was their year and theyre going to get swept...no point anymore...just load up on picks and develop the young talent you have right now with delon wright and OG, etc.

You mean all the blowouts and 3-0 leads in the conference semis? Yea man so intense! Lol

Hockey playoffs proving once again why they’re better, at least throughout.

I’ll still take a lebron vs warriors finals over anything hockey.

yeah lets ignore the the OT game that day and the buzzer beater in the other. 

15 games within 5 so far and we're only in 2nd round. 

and lebron vs warriors was a blowout all 5 games last year  :thinking:

Last year was an outlier because Durant decided to be a snake and ruin the nba. Lebron will get the last laugh.

I mean whats different from durant joining Golden State vs lebron who joined wade and bosh, added tons of vets including ray allen, who yeah was aging but still brought tons of experience to the table as well as needed shooting.

Looking at the current talent pool of the west and the east back in those years I'd say the moves by both durant and lebron was pretty linear. Bron was already saying he'd rack up 8 championships before they played a game. So yeah ruined nba btw

Either way I dont go out of my way to bash lebron, what he's doing this year is pretty incredible. But the people who bash durant leaving OKC because westbrook is literally the worst teammate possible for an absolute dream scenario, in which golden state set up perfectly, is laughable.

Also GS will prob sweep this year, the only game the LeBrons won last year they literally had to break offensive records. GL with that happening again with no uncle drew and a (potentially injured?) klove

Yea what’s different from a guy joining a team that won 47 games and lost in the first round of the playoffs and a guy who was up 3-1 to the warriors, blew the lead, and then joined them after they already won 80+ games for two straight seasons... it’s the same exact thing right!??

Wrong.

Lebron is the only reason the heat won a ring when he got there, Durant joined a team that already won a ring and just came off being up 3-1 in finals after winning a historic number of games.

Only a Michael Jordan fan wouldn’t see the monumental difference between the two.

It’s fine though let’s just continue to talk about how lebron isn’t as good as a guy who made the finals twenty fucking years ago... good god get over Jordan already, his career PPG went from 35 to 30 last time he was stupid enough to try playing and his front office record is laughable, literally a joke. No more Jordan talk, let that old ass crying guy be him, stop downplaying lebrons career path.

I mean yeah they won 47 games the season prior but they added bosh, and a countless amount of vets.

People still fail to understand the warriors going for 72 wins they were absolutely trying their hardest every game to break the record. The warriors had what 57 wins this year? 60ish wins last year with Durant? So you’re really trying to say the 72 win team is better than these current iterations of the warriors? Lol. People just say that to make themselves sound good about bashing Durant.

Lebron started the super team era. Don’t really care ultimately that he did it, but you can’t sit there bitching about Durant leaving when he has a much harder conference and at the time his teammate was making him much worse.

Also they won a ring that first year only because Kyrie shattered his kneecap and I believe loves shoulder was dislocated to another planet.

Also not sure why you’re bringing up Jordan, I said Kevin Durant and lebron james not micheal Jordan. Ok cool bye

• Upvote (+1) 1

You’re totally missing my point. I never said the current warriors isn’t better, in fact my original point was to claim that they are and that’s how Durant ruined a perfectly good NBA. The balance of power simply isn’t fair, and you can’t compare a bunch of old versions of mike miller and Shane battier to FOUR NBA ALL STARS, two of which are top 5 NBA players... not even wade was top 5 when lebron went there. They also NEVER HAD A CENTER lmfao oh and the heat were also down 3-2 on road in Boston in 2012, one year after losing to Mavericks... so if not for lebrons heroics in that series they would’ve lost in their first two seasons... not sure why you aren’t seeing the difference between what Durant and lebron did. Durant is a snake and doesn’t have any real championships. History won’t forget what he did to ruin a perfectly good rivalry and NBA.

Sorry for always bringing up Jordan at your expense Pete, I now realize you didn’t say anything about him but I’m sure you can understand how tired most of us are of hearing about Jordan vs lebron literally anytime lebron does anything. The goat debate fatigue is real dawg!

No point in arguing. They call Jordan the GOAT for a reason. Keyword of all time. past, present, future. nobody will ever compare, or should be compared. 

end of story

Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr. is the goat and dominated the league for even longer than lebron currently has.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yea google that one Tom! You got nothing pal, nothing!!!

It’s just an unfair comparison to Jordan because modern medicine and the standard of the nba has risen dramatically.

If lebron was born around the same time as Jordan there’s absolutely no way he’d be the freight train that he is. Probably would be bigger than the average nba player though because you wouldn’t need to be any bigger. Vice versa is probably true that if Jordan was born and played in today’s game he’d be a bigger size and probably practice much more of his 3 point game because that’s what the nba calls for atm.

Work ethic on both is insane, and they both dominated their respective leagues and metas.

Yea I’ll give you the rule changes, it’s way different to defend than it was back when MJ was coming into league. NBA is more finesse than physical these days.

To me it will always be apples to organges, not because they’re playing a different position or are different sizes, but because they never actually played against each other. You’re always gonna have haters for each side but it’ll always be based on opinion. Arguments can be made for either player to be the best. Jordan’s legacy is untouchable but I think lebron himself is a more well rounded player. Idk it’s just a silly topic, and Kareem Abdul Jabaar gets criminally left out of the discussion too!

lebron and kawhi should come to the bulls with GOATannen and DEANdRE AYTON WHO WE WIll get after we RIG the draFTT hahahahahahhhhaaaaaaaa goodnite

• Upvote (+1) 1