bman

NBA Thread

3-5 in the Finals is pretty terrible no matter which way you cut it. That number is just going to get worse as he gets older.

If LeBron went to the Spurs in 2010 his career would have gone so much differently. He'd probably be 7-1 or 6-2 at this point and legitimately in contention for GOAT status on a team that always has a solid bench.

3-5 is not terrible considering most players don't even go to the finals once.  He is the first non-1960's Celtic to go to the finals 6 years in a row and has almost always been on the underdog team.

People keep saying that, LeBron's always on an underdog team. Maybe people should take a look at why his team is always an underdog. LeBron may do his part individually, but it's systematic. He may just be too important for the good of his team.

With players like Curry and Kawhi, it's easier for them to step back and the team run smoothly.

You're not gonna sell us on your "Lebron does too much theory" buddy, and I love you. Also, I agree the heat were a super team, and like Andrew eluded to, they've been around a lot longer than the media calling them that... but the warriors are just a better super team. In fact, I don't think there is an actual argument against them being the best team ever.

Especially when you consider who they beat in the Finals, Lebron averaged a 30 point triple double lmao if that doesn't elevate him historically in your eyes then idk what to tell you.

Russell Westbrook averaged a triple-double for a whole season and look how far that got the Thunder.

There's a more efficient way to play basketball is all I'm saying.

LeBron's individual greatness absolutely inhibits collective greatness.

Russell Westbrook averaged a triple-double for a whole season and look how far that got the Thunder.

This is just so asinine. My god. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

SI and The Ringer are saying Paul George, but it'll probably take more than Love to complete that trade.

Don't have the pieces for a George trade straight up. Would need a third team.

who do the cavs get for klove?

Boogie.

They also get rid of Triston Thompson...if they can.

Boogie is on the last year of his contract and I am willing to bet he wont sign with them after next season.

Kevin Love is a decent PF (which NO needs once Boogie is gone), has years left on his contract and would probably work well with Davis.

It's better to get something than nothing.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Boogie is great and all but could you imagine the locker room with Boogie and Lebron.... lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

now why in the fuck would the pelicans ever give up boogie for klove

This and Melo are probably the most realistic option. Pelicans won't do it before the season starts, but if things are going poorly and the fit isn't right I think they look to move him. 

I really don't think they trade Love though. Think it is more likely LeBron leaves after next year and they try and move some minor parts for upgrades. Anything they do will be really tricky though. 

Lol dude you're insane if you believe this...

This and Melo are probably the most realistic option. Pelicans won't do it before the season starts, but if things are going poorly and the fit isn't right I think they look to move him.

I really don't think they trade Love though. Think it is more likely LeBron leaves after next year and they try and move some minor parts for upgrades. Anything they do will be really tricky though.

30m over the cap so yeah it will be tricky.

i dont think the cavs would have a better shot at beating gs if they had boogie instead of klove...like the rest of the nba has to hope some1 gets injured, theres no logical combination of players that could beat them

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with you 100%

Barring injuries warriors will win again next year IMO.