joshchief117

How are you liking next-gen?

For those of you who already have next gen consoles how are they? Give the good, the bad, and the ugly. I have an XBONE and am enjoying Ryse and Killer Instinct. I am in love with KI (first fighting game I enjoy, and take seriously) and Ryse Son of Rome is the best single player experience I've had yet (Better than Batman Arkham city, Halo campaigns, Injustice Gods among us Campaign, Mirrors edge etc.)

Ryse Son of Rome is the best single player experience I've had yet (Better than Batman Arkham city, Halo campaigns, Injustice Gods among us Campaign, Mirrors edge etc.)

Look, I'm all for different opinions and such, but I have to be bold here. That opinion is wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 5

For those of you who already have next gen consoles how are they? Give the good, the bad, and the ugly. I have an XBONE and am enjoying Ryse and Killer Instinct. I am in love with KI (first fighting game I enjoy, and take seriously) and Ryse Son of Rome is the best single player experience I've had yet (Better than Batman Arkham city, Halo campaigns, Injustice Gods among us Campaign, Mirrors edge etc.)

Man, I really wanted to like Ryse and gave it a fair chance, but it was pretty damn bad. I have no idea how you are enjoying it so much.

Next gen consoles are solid, but there really aren't any great games available for them (except AC4 which I already played on 360). I have spent more time playing Papers, Please in the past week than both next gen consoles combined.

Next gen consoles are solid, but there really aren't any great games available for them (except AC4 which I already played on 360). I have spent more time playing Papers, Please in the past week than both next gen consoles combined.

How is AC4 compared to previous AC games? Also Papers please, really lol

Papers Please is just too fun lol. I was never a huge AC fan, but I really enjoyed AC4. The open world is huge, a lot of collectibles and adventuring, and has a huge amount of content. One of my favorite games of the year.

I absolutely love AC4. Definitely a really solid entry into the series. It has practically everything that you could want in AC. Sure, there's a lot of sailing at times, but it is so much smoother and plays infinitely better than AC3.

I absolutely love AC4. Definitely a really solid entry into the series. It has practically everything that you could want in AC. Sure, there's a lot of sailing at times, but it is so much smoother and plays infinitely better than AC3.

Story wise it doesn't look that good though. I saw what happens already and thats really what I liked in the series. I feel like the whole series could have been a movie, but if the gameplay is actually better than thats cool

Story wise it doesn't look that good though. I saw what happens already and thats really what I liked in the series. I feel like the whole series could have been a movie, but if the gameplay is actually better than thats cool

I haven't beaten it yet, so I wouldn't know the ending, but I've really been enjoying the story. Just my opinion though. 

Look, I'm all for different opinions and such, but I have to be bold here. That opinion is wrong.

He may have over exaggerated a lot but Ryse is pretty solid actually. Not better than batman or ac4 but pretty good.

Next gen feels completely forced right now.

I can understand where you're coming from, but the now last gen consoles weren't keeping up with a good number of PC releases, and obviously haven't been up to par with PCs nearly ever.

I blame it partly on LoL taking such a huge player base number, if someone plays video games they probably have a LoL account. Not saying it's a bad game or anything, but with the amount of steam that steam has (I'll leave now) and the popularity of certain games like LoL, consoles had to do something just to stay relevant.

Each generation feels forced until it figure out what it is. We always go through this first year of being annoyed with the experiences they bring until they start to figure themselves out.

I may have a bias due to me loving history (especially ancient Rome), plus it has been my best single player experience in a while, the gameplay epicness definitely rivals if not beats Batman's though. The game do incorporate different styles besides melee combat. I personally did no enjoy AC3.

Man, I really wanted to like Ryse and gave it a fair chance, but it was pretty damn bad. I have no idea how you are enjoying it so much.

I love the gameplay and storyline of Ryse so far and what are your thoughts on Killer Instinct

I may have a bias due to me loving history (especially ancient Rome), plus it has been my best single player experience in a while, the gameplay epicness definitely rivals if not beats Batman's though. The game do incorporate different styles besides melee combat. I personally did no enjoy AC3.

Haven't played the game, but I've watched stream and reviews. Definitely does not rival Arkham in anyway when it comes to game play.

Well for better or for worse, it is going to be a movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2094766/

I love the gameplay and storyline of Ryse so far and what are your thoughts on Killer Instinct

Killer Instinct is fun, but not as diverse as I was hoping.

I think you just sold me on AC4. I think I will get that as a Christmas present to myself. I have been liking a lot of what I have been hearing about this game. Though I still will get it for the 360. No next Gen console for me for another year or so.

I think you just sold me on AC4. I think I will get that as a Christmas present to myself. I have been liking a lot of what I have been hearing about this game. Though I still will get it for the 360. No next Gen console for me for another year or so.

I had it on 360 before XBO, so I can also say that the performance on the 360 is still good, if you can handle the 30 FPS like other console ACs. Personally, I really enjoyed the setting and sort of AC3, as I preferred it to 2, but AC4 is giving it a run for its money.

The scale of the game is bloody huge. There really isn't a way to describe it other than that. You'll be on a main mission and find yourself trying to 100% complete an island while you're there. The attention to detail is excellent, and so far I've enjoyed the plot. Definitely a worthwhile pickup on any system.