Sign in to follow this  
War

Nuketown - Could it work for Halo?

Maybe with a little tweaks, I feel like something Nuketown-ish from Call of Duty could work with Halo. Maybe, I'm wrong..but overall I played it on Murder Miners, and I must say I was impressed. What are your opinions? I could be wrong, what do you think?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe with a little tweaks, I feel like something Nuketown-ish from Call of Duty could work with Halo. Maybe, I'm wrong..but overall I played it on Murder Miners, and I must say I was impressed. What are your opinions? I could be wrong, what do you think?

I've actually thought about this map and that other map called Hijacked. Parts of the map removed and more lines of sight added and they could be viable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it's made, and die hard CoD fans knew about the map...

You could expect to have a flame war started.

Honestly, I don't like the idea...

-Alias

Not sure if it would play out the same a CoD or look right. Could be a cool idea though.

I've actually thought about this map and that other map called Hijacked. Parts of the map removed and more lines of sight added and they could be viable.

Agreed. I feel that it'd be somewhat similar to how Halo 3 Pit played out; I could be wrong though. I'm kinda tired of seeing the same maps over and over again, ya know?

Agreed. I feel that it'd be somewhat similar to how Halo 3 Pit played out; I could be wrong though. I'm kinda tired of seeing the same maps over and over again, ya know?

I feel like it could be a good replacement for dispatch. Double sniper flag gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

would never work, camping the 2 buildings would be the best way to play because they overlook a large portion of the map.

would never work, camping the 2 buildings would be the best way to play because they overlook a large portion of the map.

You could do the same in almost any Halo map; It all depends on how the map was made I guess.

You could do the same in almost any Halo map; It all depends on how the map was made I guess.

not really because you could actually flush the people out easily, on nuketown camping the buildings will be a very very strong set up just like camping top gold was on swordbase.

I was actually thinking about CoD maps that would work well for halo a while ago. The only two I thought would be good were Nuketown and Highrise, primarily as CTF or king maps. If someone throws a remake of either of those together I'd love to try it out!

There's a way to deal with just about every portion of the Nuketown map, and as much as you think the window is strong, it also has weaknesses. There are lines of sight on the window that are not easily seen. The window is a very open, easily flankable position. I'd be interested in seeing how it plays, but you can't judge how the map will play without actually playing it in Halo.

Honestly I could care less what COD kids think about a Halo map made after a COD map, and I'm betting they wouldn't even give a crap.

Halo already had a nuketownish map, it was called beaver creek.

Skyline could work in COD and I think skyline works in Halo. So I do believe a COD map can work in Halo.

I don't know TOO much about forging, but it seems like just changing some of the "flow" of the map. I probably make it sound a lot more simple than it actually is, but in no time, I will become a forge expert XD

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know TOO much about forging, but it seems like just changing some of the "flow" of the map. I probably make it sound a lot more simple than it actually is, but in no time, I will become a forge expert XD

Agreed, If I was a forge expert I would have attempted to make this already..but unfortunately, I'm not :(

Agreed, If I was a forge expert I would have attempted to make this already..but unfortunately, I'm not :(

I kinda like the idea of trying new things like CoD maps remade to work in H4. Maybe we could get it in on some Forge Test streams and kinda perfect it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it would work if you made the two buildings more like the towers on uncaged with a little less cover so camping is too hard too do

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think it would work if you made the two buildings more like the towers on uncaged with a little less cover so camping is too hard too do

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. I'm going to attempt to make it. Probably will fail, but oh well!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. I'm going to attempt to make it. Probably will fail, but oh well!

Cool, yeah lemme know what progress you've had and if you think you need a second opinion on some things :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ill play it to test when its done.

Snipers on both buildings plus Rockets or Rail in the middle somewhere?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ill play it to test when its done.

Snipers on both buildings plus Rockets or Rail in the middle somewhere?

I was doing an overview, and was thinking maybe Rockets/Rail in the middle, Maybe one sniper, but I think two could work as well..I also think this would be a beast CTF and Potentially a great Extraction map. I'll let you guys know my progress on it. From looking at this map I can see it could very well work in Halo 4. It's just all about getting the right size map, and knowing if sprint is going to be taken out or not. I'm going to try my hardest on this map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was doing an overview, and was thinking maybe Rockets/Rail in the middle, Maybe one sniper, but I think two could work as well..I also think this would be a beast CTF and Potentially a great Extraction map. I'll let you guys know my progress on it. From looking at this map I can see it could very well work in Halo 4. It's just all about getting the right size map, and knowing if sprint is going to be taken out or not. I'm going to try my hardest on this map.

If I could make one suggestion, it would be to make it as small as possible. Maybe with the 4sk, people will use sprint less and have more team-oriented set ups? People don't tend to like my ideas, but if all else fails, you've got my suggestions XD

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I could make one suggestion, it would be to make it as small as possible. Maybe with the 4sk, people will use sprint less and have more team-oriented set ups? People don't tend to like my ideas, but if all else fails, you've got my suggestions XD

Definitely what I'm considering. It'd be smaller, definitely. Great suggestion. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1