lSHrbmm.png

Hey boys and girls. I'm back again to present my brand new 2v2 map, Bloodstone. Yes, I chose an English name this time.

It is asymmetric, built on the sexy Ravine canvas, and has a lot of good, long sightlines. The map also has a lot of skill jumps to help players traverse areas faster.

Bloodstone is inspired by Edifice and Angst. Two of my favorite forge maps in Halo 4.

cvhHcuD.jpg

ihRjO4b.jpg

There are a total of 5 atriums. The middle, Blue, Red, Gold, and Cyan. A sniper rifle spawns in the middle on top of a rock.

The middle rock is a very important part of the map as it connects a lot of the jumps through the middle atrium and blocks the sightlines quite well at the bottom.

e8se3gw.jpg

7mM0Mi0.jpg

The idea behind Bloodstone is to allow players to travel the map faster through jumping which is why this map has so many trick jumps. Some of these jumps are hard to make but can be very beneficial if executed properly.

The weapons in the map are the Sniper Rifle and the Sticky Detonator. The sniper is extremely powerful in the map because of the long sightlines. It has 1 spare clip and respawns every 120 seconds.

ftNbfyW.jpg

Q1u1IgI.jpg

It spawns on top of the middle rock.

The sticky detonator, on the other hand, spawns at Gold 2 minutes into the game. I gave it 1 spare clip because it's not as powerful as the sniper in the map but can still be deadly if in the right hands.

AqlQb28.jpg

TTHXxjh.png

GsGusiM.jpg

Spread the meta

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't see a download link, so I clicked on your xbox link under you picture, copy and pasted your gt in the waypoint search engine, viewed your file share, and then noticed you didn't have the map on your file share... luckily I wasn't really eager to check it out...

:'(

• Upvote (+1) 2

Didn't see a download link, so I clicked on your xbox link under you picture, copy and pasted your gt in the waypoint search engine, viewed your file share, and then noticed you didn't have the map on your file share... luckily I wasn't really eager to check it out...

:'(

Sorry about that, man. This is still just a preview but I will be putting the link up soon.

EDIT: Link is up. :)

Looks like a well made map, I haven't had the time to play it though. (IT LOOKS VERY NICE :D)

Also, I think that the sniper should have a bit more ammo considering the openness of its spawn. I just don't see the sniper as something really worth fighting for if it only has 4 shots. I feel like you were going for the CE feel, in which case weapons spawned rather fast and if you were good with them you could control a game. The thing that made that work in CE was the fact that the pistol was extremely powerful in the right hands which (coupled with the hard to use snipe) made fast respawning power weapons actually function. The sniper in every Halo besides CE is significantly easier to use which is why I think a 2 min respawn with 1 clip would be better, as it would give that part of the map more purpose and help to develop setups.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quit using the brace large this is not halo reach.

Honestly, I planned on using the Brace Large. I wanted tall, dark walls and the Brace larges came to mind. I'd use bridges but you only get 50 of them and I needed them for other parts of the map.

Hence, the brace large walls.

Looks like a well made map, I haven't had the time to play it though. (IT LOOKS VERY NICE :D)

Also, I think that the sniper should have a bit more ammo considering the openness of its spawn. I just don't see the sniper as something really worth fighting for if it only has 4 shots. I feel like you were going for the CE feel, in which case weapons spawned rather fast and if you were good with them you could control a game. The thing that made that work in CE was the fact that the pistol was extremely powerful in the right hands which (coupled with the hard to use snipe) made fast respawning power weapons actually function. The sniper in every Halo besides CE is significantly easier to use which is why I think a 2 min respawn with 1 clip would be better, as it would give that part of the map more purpose and help to develop setups.

Thanks for the feedback, Jumprs. I'll change up the sniper spawn and see how it affects gameplay. The reason why I gave it 0 spare clips is because of the map's many sightlines that can be a little overpowering if a player is given 8 sniper bullets.

There's plenty to enjoy when running around this map!

As a forger, I found myself running around trying to figure out what pieces you used in the detail work around the map (metagame).  Lights around frag spawns, the lights in the struts back gold, control panel on the garage doors, etc. 
You have a consistent palette for your entire map and I appreciate the attention you've put into making the map feel like it and the natural geometry belong together and are not separate entities.  I would suggest in the future however that you take coordinates off and free hand some of those rocks, it gives it an extra boost towards feeling natural.

Weapon placement is solid and I like that I naturally walk over or across weapons and I didn't really have to look for anything.  <3 you pulse grenade jumps!

I only have two issues with the map.  The first isn't a big deal, just a feeling I got when I was walking around.  Going from plasma pistol into red (when you start to get towards red/yellow door) it gets a little tight.  I know you got the ramp there (which I like), but it feels like it should be wider there (walkway not the ramp).  Like I said a small thing and probably not as big of an issue in 2v2's.

The second thing is the Brace Larges.  Now I have no problem with B Larges, they're are a almost mandatory piece (depending on your bridge/platform piece usage) for getting contrast into your walls.  But the issue I have with them are there use when placed continuously next to each other and all of them being colored.  It just looks a bit tacky.  Sometimes I think you have no option and you need to get some color over on a particular part of a map, but I don't feel it's a problem with your map.  For example, on the outside of blue base the b. Larges were neutral and I could still tell what base it was (2x2's and lights). 

I think gold and Cyan have enough pieces inside the bases to signify the color that they don't need the B Larges to be colored also.  Red is a bit more tricky, but I'd consider changing those too.  The red B larges next to the yellow tunnel shorts are just too much.  :( 

Just a personal preference, my thoughts are more about aesthetics than anything, I don't get on Halo 4 for much but to forge, so I doubt I'll be able to get any games on it.

Once again fantastic piece combinations, your center atrium (sniper) and blue side are my favorite parts of the map, but all the different rooms have there own style to them which is nice. 

Teleporter doors as detail work around the map <3

Also, I'm not sure what the cone and camping stool are doing up there on those rocks... but I like it.  :D

• Upvote (+1) 2

SNIP

Thanks for the feedback, fro. I'll see what I can do with the Brace Larges. Glad you like the map so far. :)

You also get a 100 inclines which contains three objects with the same texture as bridges.

That's a lot of inclines...

If every map I made on Ravine/Impact didn't give me that lighting glitch I might be more inclined to forge there.  :rolleyes: 

FI til Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Map Updated (Check OP for new screenshots)

- Changed Sniper settings. Sniper now has 1 spare clip and spawns every 2 minutes.

- Changed Sticky Detonator settings. It still has 1 spare clip but now spawns 2 minutes and 30s into the game.

- Improved rock jump in the middle.

- Cleaned up the map.

- Lowered grenades at Blue.

- Increased the spawn time of the Promethean Vision. It now spawns 90 seconds into the game.

- Improved the coloring of the map.

- Meta...